The Doe Network:
Case File 3457DMNS

Troy Cook
Missing since June 12, 1998 from Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 16, 1978
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Native male. Black hair; brown eyes.
Clothing: Navy blue t-shirt over a white undershirt, light colored pants and brown shoes
Circumstances of Disappearance
Troy Cook has been missing since June 12, 1998. At approximately 10:00 am on June 11, 1998 he was dropped off near his apartment, 1 Victoria Street, by his father. Troy had moved into his apartment three weeks before he disappeared.
Forty minutes later, a payphone call was made in Bible Hill to Troy's workplace, where he called in sick, something he rarely did. Superstore couldn't confirm whether it was Troy's voice.
Troy Cook has not been heard from since his disappearance and there have been no confirmed sightings. He had not mentioned leaving town, his wallet and ID were located in his apartment and there have been no transactions on his bank account. It has also been established that he has no history of compulsive behaviour or mental illness. The police ruled out any theories that Troy was involved in illegal activity.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Truro Police Services
902-895-5351

Agency Case Number: CF 7081-SR

NCIC Number:
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Truto Police
Nova Scotia Department of Justice
HFX News

TCook.jpg

What a baffling case. What happened to this young man?

I tend to think he might have taken his own life. Many young men his age suffer from depression and nobody around them notices anything unusual because they hide their true feelings so well.

I just hope Troy's family will get answers one day. His father seems like an awesome Dad.

The CBC did another interview with Troy's father. It was on the radio twice in the last week or so.
From listening to him I don't see Troy taking his own life. He was a young man recently moved out on his own. He was just starting his life and no one reported him as depressed or withdrawn.
I believe the fathers theory that someone took Troy or lead him away somehow that day. What a shame. My heart breaks for his Dad who still looks for Troy to this day. I hope he someday gets answers.

Listened to a podcast episode on this case. Troy was 19, but his roommate was another 29 year old male, a person he worked with. I find it very odd that a 19 year old would want to move in with a 29 year old. Moreover, the father stated that 2 weeks after Troy's disappearance, he went to Troy's apartment to gather up all his stuff, yet when he tried to take back Troy's guitars, the roommate said, "Troy would have really wanted me to keep those...."

The father stated this made him uncomfortable, while the podcast host suggested the roommate wanted to keep them in order to pawn them.

I would suggest that possibly Troy and his roommate were more than just "friends" and those guitars were not something the roommate wanted to pawn, but held emotional value to him. I have not seen this angle examined, but I think it might have legs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back