Date entered April 18, 2009
Age LKA 34 to 35 years old
Age now 54 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height 62.0 inches
Weight 180.0 pounds

The wheels of justice turn, even if they turn slowly. It was fortunate the "new" wife gave LE permission to dig.

Christine Ann Jarrett, 34, Missing since January 3, 1991 from Elkridge, MD

Christine Ann Jarrett
Missing since January 3, 1991 from Elkridge, Howard County, Maryland.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 21, 1956
Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 180 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair; green eyes. Pierced ears. Wears glasses. Blood Type (O-)
Marks, Scars: 4" to 5" scar on left side of neck, 2" to 3" scar on right hip.
Clothing: Black stretch pants, blue and white hooded jacket, black dress shoes with open toes.
Jewelry: Wears a 14 karat gold necklace with a cross that a has a small diamond in it.
Dentals: Available. Dental records reflect missing teeth, replacement teeth, crown, multiple filings etc.
Fingerprints: Not available.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Jarrett left home on foot after a verbal argument with her husband on the night of January 3, 1991. She put her sons to bed shortly before 22.00 that nigh. Sometime after her husband fell asleep, between 22.00 and 24.00 she left the house and walked out of their rural neighborhood. It is believed left with $4,000 in cash, which she withdrew from her bank account two weeks earlier.At the time of her disappearance the couple had two small children ages 5 and 10 that friends and family say she would have never abandoned.
No other movement has been recorded on Jarrett's bank account and she has not contacted any family or friends. She also had $6,400 available on her credit card when she left but that card has not been used.

Jarrett was declared dead by the courts on January 20, 1998.

Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Howard County Police Department
410-313-2220

Agency Case Number: 91-00953

NCIC Number: M-208604014

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source:

The Doe Network: Case File 1471DFMD

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1471dfmd.html

Body of Missing Maryland Woman Found Under Shed After 21 Years; Husband Arrested on Murder Charges

Police in Howard County, Md. announced Thursday that the body of a woman who went missing in 1991 was discovered underneath a shed on the property of her husband, who has been arrested and charged with first- and second-degree murder.

Robert Jarrett, of Elkridge, is accused of killing his wife, Christine, after the couple had an argument in their home in January 1991, the Howard County Police Department said in a press release. Investigators visited the home—which is now occupied by Robert Jarrett's second wife, from whom he is estranged—on a recent tip that further suggested the possibility that Christine Jarrett's death involved foul play.

Jarrett's current wife allowed investigators to search the property, and a body was found buried in concrete underneath the shed's floorboards, police said.

The remains have not yet been examined, but personal effects found on the body suggest it is that of Christine Jarrett.Jarrett was 34 years old when she disappeared in 1991 and stormed out of her home after an argument with Robert...

The couple had two children, then ages five and 10, and Jarrett left their home on Claire Drive between 10 p.m. and midnight the night of January 3. It is believed she was carrying $4,000 in cash,...

Robert Jarrett reported his wife missing a few days later, and while police suspected foul play was involved in the disappearance, they lacked until now sufficient evidence.

Christine Jarrett was declared dead in January 1998.

Robert Jarrett is being held without bond at the Howard County Detention Center without bond, Elkridge Patch reported.

LINK:

http://dcist.com/2012/04/body_of_missing_maryland_woman_foun.php

Body Found In Shed & Covered With Concrete Confirmed As Woman Missing Since 1991; Husband Charged For Murder

Police confirm that the remains found buried under a shed in Elkridge as those of Christine Jarrett. After more than two decades, police arrested her husband with her disappearance and murder.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/...of-wife-buried-in-shed-covered-with-concrete/

----------------------------------------

RIP - Christine

We need to allow LE on the property to search for any missing spouse when there is evidence of past domestic issues. Always. Period.

:maddening:

Murder trial shifts to woman's body found in Elkridge backyard

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ensics-20130414,0,2467079.story#ixzz2QUENSWJP

Snipped from mikkismom's link above:

Police had suspected Jarrett in the disappearance of his wife, who he said had left their Elkridge home after an argument in January 1991. He remarried and continued to live in the home, and Christine was eventually declared legally dead. When he left his second wife for another woman, detectives asked if they could search the property and found the body under concrete in a backyard shed.

:furious: :furious: :furious:

utterly astounded that they never took DNA from her body, surely once they knew she was to be cremated they would have done so,

I think the defense is just grasping for straws. She was positively identified using dental records. Her family also identified some items found with the body.

I don't think any jury is going to buy the theory that he buried someone else in his back yard or that this body is not that of Christine.

JMO

I think the defense is just grasping for straws. She was positively identified using dental records. Her family also identified some items found with the body.

I don't think any jury is going to buy the theory that he buried someone else in his back yard or that this body is not that of Christine.

JMO

I don't doubt they have a positive ID but it is very unprofessional and a huge mistake not to remove any doubts by taking DNA, I would have thought it would have been standard practice to take DNA from any corpse that is found

I don't doubt they have a positive ID but it is very unprofessional and a huge mistake not to remove any doubts by taking DNA, I would have thought it would have been standard practice to take DNA from any corpse that is found

The article just says that no DNA test was preformed. That doesn't necessarily mean that tissue samples were not kept that a DNA test could be preformed on.

But if this is already to trial and the defense has brought up the fact that they would have liked to have an independent DNA study done to verify that the body was Christine in earlier hearing it make you wonder if there are any samples. But I agree that if the prosecution knew the body would be cremated samples should have been ordered to be kept for this very reason.

I guarantee you if there were tissue samples that the prosecution could supply the defense for their own independent DNA testing, I think the defense would decline to have those tests done because it would prove without a doubt that the body is Christine and that wouldn't help their case.

JMO

I never understood why LE never had a search warrant to search the property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back