Hello!

dasgal

Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Has this forum gone to sleep? I hope not. This is one of the most interesting cases to come down the pike in a long time.

If you believe she is guilty, what motive do you see?

If you believer her innocent, what motive does an intruder have?

How involved is Darin, if he is at all?

Who planted the sock?

How did all those bruises get there?

Why do they keep changing their stories?

If Darin knows she is guilty, why does he defend her?

What about those damn transcripts?

There isn't a more interesting case than this unless you factor in the infamous West Memphis 3.

Darlie is one sick girl. How could you stab your little 5 and 6 year old children? Yikes, she had to be staring Devon in the face when she stabbed him. Sick, sick sick.

my best guess is that she was in a rage. she was angry with Darin, perhaps he was leaving her? she didn't want to be "stuck" with 3 children while he was free to move on with his life. IMO

Darin is soooo involved. No way he doesn't know A LOT more than he's letting on. Poor dumb Darin. He must have felt guilty that he somehow caused the boy's death, by causing Darlie's "rage". Therefore, he helped her cover up. I think he planted the sock, and also fought with her somehow causing her bruises. Somehow he felt partially responsible and made a snap decision to stand by her, and now has to stand by his original decision no matter what.

Darlie will probably squeal like a pig when she knows her appeals are over. Texas loves to put people to death, and it looks like she's going down.
As far as the transcripts, I think she should have gotten a new trial, however it doesn't look like she will.

Still think she's guilty.

I totaly agree with you my thoughts are the very same I do believe Darin was involved and I also believe that she will rat him out the closer it comes to her being put to death which she has already started doing in her last appeal regarding blood on Darin's pants. I also believe that she should get a new trial due to the transcripts with so many errors made.

the pants he was wearing, or the ones in the kitchen? I remember he said he went upstairs to get dressed at one point, leaving the impression he had been sleeping naked when he heard the glass breaking and ran downstairs
WindChime said:
I totaly agree with you my thoughts are the very same I do believe Darin was involved and I also believe that she will rat him out the closer it comes to her being put to death which she has already started doing in her last appeal regarding blood on Darin's pants. I also believe that she should get a new trial due to the transcripts with so many errors made.

mmi said:
the pants he was wearing, or the ones in the kitchen? I remember he said he went upstairs to get dressed at one point, leaving the impression he had been sleeping naked when he heard the glass breaking and ran downstairs

Depends who you believe and when you believe them... Darin was either wearing pants and glasses or no pants and glasses according to Darlie and himself.

As for him going upstairs - well from the 911 call it is doubtful he was absent from the room for any lengthy period of time and there was no blood found upstairs (from either hands or feet) - which is unusual considering that he had been down on the floor supposedly helping Devon. And then there is always the question of whether a father would leave his dying kids lying on the floor to go and get dressed.

Having said that, he very specifically mentions seeing his wallet on the floor where it dropped and I'm convinced that he DID see that at some point... just not when he said he did in the way he did.

PS. Regarding the glass breaking Darin and the police later did an experiment which proved that he would not have been able to have heard that glass breaking from his room that night

I have never believed that the glass breaking woke him up. It's been a long time since I've read anything about this case, but that brings back to memory all the unbelievable lies they both told.

WindChime said:

WindChime, the transcript problem was truly remarkable. However, the entire trial was audio taped and a second court reporter had no problem whatsoever in creating a transcript from them. I appreciate your opinion with regard to this topic, but its delays like this (and using technicalities) that have our justice system so entirely screwed up. Like it or not, humans are in charge and work in the courts. Mistakes are bound to be made. However, in legal matters, the benefit of the doubt always goes to the defendant. She was afforded EVERY courtesy during the trial and the aftermath. (just my opinion)!! :innocent:

mmi said:

Neither of them can be trusted on this topic. At one point, Darlie says that he had his pants on, but no glasses. Another time, she says that he had his glasses, but no pants. He also changed his story a couple of times. I can guaranty you that a jury recognizes when its being lied to and they spoke loud and clear in this case and spoke loudly about how it feels about Darlie and Darin lying to them.

I must retrack now and agree with you Jeana since the whole trial was
audio taped and you are so right there will always be human errors no one is perfect. She has been able to bring these errors up in her apeals and they were denied and I've been reading alot of the trial transcripts and believe 110% that she is guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back