"Beautiful Life? - The CSI Behind the Casey Anthony Trial" by Robyn Walensky

zippitydoda

Reaction score
I am glad I went today to Robyn Walensky's Q & A and signing for her book, Beautiful Life? - which is the CSI behind the Casey Anthony trial and her observations from the courtroom. I would strongly suggest checking Robyn's Facebook page to see if she will be near you in the future – it will be worth your time to get her perspective on the case, and also get her book. Perhaps WS can also get ahold of Robyn (I have her email) to set up a link to purchase her book such as you did for JA's book.

Robyn's dedication reads: to the men and women of the Orange County Sherriff’s Office who worked tirelessly for three years to solve the murder of Caylee Marie Anthony. The book is not a detailed summary of the case – it’s filled mostly with countless quotes from interviews with key members of OCSO, quotes from direct testimony and Robyn’s personal observations during the trail (which are excellent BTW). Be forewarned, since many here on WS know most, if not all, of the details of Caylee’s case – I won’t suggest that you’ll learn any big bombshells from the book, but I will say through Robyn’s discussions, and her perspectives I’ve read so far in her book, she has made me think about somethings that may have escaped me, specifically how the OCSO handled themselves under such a spotlight.

On the ride home, I thought about what Robyn said about the OCSO, and what they must have been through over the course of this three+ year case. For most of us, Caylee’s crime was “The Case” but for the members of OSCA, the SA, the CSI forensic technicians, FBI, et al, it was just another case. They really are just everyday folks like us, who just happen to be in these professions. They go about performing their jobs everyday seeking justice for victims and their loved ones. Looking back now, I can’t begin to imagine the enormous pressure they all were under. This case consumed millions all over the world; we pored over every detail, every document and spent 3 years typing out our thoughts, but these people were simply doing their jobs – all under a media and public spotlight that had never been seen before. I tip my hat to all of them. We call them Caylee’s champions and heroes – because we looked to them to seek justice for her. I believe they did the best job one could do, and I don’t care what 12 people said at the end of it all. I believe they truly served Caylee, and they should be so proud of how they handled themselves throughout all of this - and then moved onto their next case.

Here are some comments from Robyn, and her book, Beautiful Life? goes into these and other details on many trial matters:

JB & GR:
Robyn went to JB’s “Hispanic TV” luncheon he hosted right before the trial, and sat with Kathy Belich. She said that JB spoke in Spanish the entire time to the few members of the Hispanic press that attended. Robyn knows a bit of Spanish and was able to gather that Geraldo Rivera has been a great influence on JB, and most likely coached him from the very beginning, throughout the trial and will likely help JB in anything he will do going forward.

Where is OCA?
DS is married to a very wealthy man, and they live on a 50 million dollar estate in FL. Clearly they have big bucks, and can shield OCA from the world there. Robyn mentioned receiving communications from sources confirming her whereabouts. (Personally I don’t care where OCA is, and hope that that she stays away forever but….)

The big pay day:
OCA is JB’s meal ticket, and why they have OCA secluded. Their plan is that OCA will get “well” at DS’s, and in time, they will produce a “mentally healthy” OCA, who will tell her story to Barbara Walters.

Werner Spliz:
His testimony was one of the most comical of the trial, and when he pulled out the skull and placed it on the witness stand - the gallery gasped, they thought it was Caylee’s skull. He was a 5K a day mouthpiece, who looked like he was 150 years old, and did nothing to help the DT’s case.

CA & GA:
Robyn saw CA & GA many times, but never spoke with them. She did ride on the elevator with them a few times - CA appeared to be devastated and crying many times, but, while CA & GA leaned on each other in public, they appeared to be a couple "acting like a couple" and were faking it for the trial.

Yuri Melich and his interview of OCA at Universal:
He is very much a seasoned officer. Mentioned the WWYD fan site (I giggled) and that many ladies were enamored with the tall, dark and handsome lead detective. Robyn thought he looked like a member of the Mossad in Israel, but found out he’s Portuguese. She wrote that he's probably the first person in OCA’s life to really nail her to a wall and call her out on her lies.

She told a funny story about Dt. Melich’s take on the Universal interview, it went something like - OCA was 22 years old, and about 95 lbs and 5” tall. He was amazed that she was able to just lie over and over, and never flinched or cracked. YM said if he was 22 years old, and was interviewed by two grown LE’s like she was, he would have defiantly cracked.

Sgt Allen:
OCA was very cordial during ride over to Universal. She chatted with them and acted as if nothing was wrong or had any concerns - even though she had to know that she was about to be exposed as a liar. He has seen plenty of people lie during interviews, but she just seemed to lie just to get five more minutes. Sgt Allen also works for Home Land Security.

Why no perjury charges against CA? Or charges against LB for the TES documents, and finally HHJP contempt charges against JB:
Frankly speaking, this one case consumed so much of their time, cost the state millions in financial resources (during budget cuts), and was under such media and public scrutiny, that they consider these matters closed and won’t be prosecuting anyone. Simply stated, they have too many other important cases they are working on, and they have no need to return to the circus like atmosphere that would certainly occur with anything related to this case. Robyn mentioned a member of LE showing her about 25 case files, about a foot thick each, that were active investigations – they had to move on, and they have.

Who is Caylee's Father?
The Boston man who died in a car accident. Robyn is friends with Diane Dimond, and they both believe, based upon photos of the man and info they have about his whereabouts during that time, that he is indeed Caylee's father. DNA testing will be done.

One of the most disturbing things she witnessed:
Watching the people who lined up for tickets to trial. She saw many fights, and people acting like they were waiting on line for a ride at Disney. It was a 2 1/2 year old's murder trial, and many just acted horribly. Saw some of the same people come almost everyday - such as neck brace guy and the sharpie lady. Glad they changed it to pick up tickets day before.

Calling Mod Extraordinaire Beach - a little help please. I did not know where to put this - but it contains spoilers on Robyn Walenshy's book on the trial- perhaps you can find a good home for this post, or just leave it here - whatever you feel is best.

I am glad I went today to Robyn Walensky's Q & A and signing for book, Beautiful Life? - which is the CSI behind the Casey Anthony trial and her observations from the courtroom. I would strongly suggest checking Robyn's Facebook page to see if she will be near you in the future – it will be worth your time to get her perspective on the case, and also get her book. Perhaps WS can also get ahold of Robyn (I have her email) to purchase her book such as you did for JA's book.

Robyn's dedicated reads: to the men and women of the Orange County Sherriff’s Office who worked tirelessly for three years to solve the murder of Caylee Marie Anthony. The book is not a detailed summary of the case – it’s filled mostly with countless quotes from interviews with key members of OCSO, quotes from direct testimony and Robyn’s personal observations during the trail (which are excellent BTW). Be forewarned, since most here on WS know most, if not all, of the details of Caylee’s case – I won’t suggest that you’ll learn any big bombshells from the book, but I will say through Robyn’s discussions, and her perspectives I’ve read so far in her book, she has made me think about somethings that may have escaped me, specifically how the OCSO handled themselves under such a spotlight.

On the ride home, I thought about what Robyn said about the OCSO, and what they must have been through over the course of this three+ year case. For most of us, Caylee’s crime was “The Case” but for the members of OSCA, the SA, the CSI forensic technicians, FBI, et al, it was just another case. They really are just everyday folks like us, who just happen to be in these professions. They go about performing their jobs everyday seeking justice for victims and their love ones. Looking back now, I can’t begin to imagine the pressure they all were under. This case consumed millions all over the world; we pored over every detail, every document and spent 3 years typing out our thoughts, but these people were simply doing their jobs – all under a media and public spotlight that had never been seen before. I tip my hat to all of them. We call them Caylee’s champions and heroes – because we looked to them to seek justice for her. I believe they did the best job one could do, and I don’t care what 12 people said at the end of it all. I believe they truly served Caylee, and they should be so proud of how they handled themselves throughout all of this - and then moved onto their next case.

Here are some comments from Robyn, and her book, Beautiful Life? goes into these and other details on many trial matters:

JB & GR:
Robyn went to JB’s “Hispanic TV” luncheon he hosted right before the trial, and sat with Kathy Belich. She said that JB spoke in Spanish the entire time to the few members of the Hispanic press that attended. Robyn knows a bit of Spanish and was able to gather that Geraldo Rivera has been a great influence on JB, and most likely coached him from the very beginning, throughout the trial and will likely help JB in anything he will do going forward.

Where is OCA?
DS is married to a very wealthy man, and they live on a 50 million dollar estate in FL. Clearly they have big bucks, and can shield OCA from the world there. Robyn mentioned receiving communications from sources confirming her whereabouts. (Personally I don’t care where OCA is, and hope that that she stays away forever but….)

The big pay day:
OCA is JB’s meal ticket, and why they have OCA secluded. Their plan is that OCA will get “well” at DS’s, and in time, they will produce a “mentally healthy” OCA, who will tell her story to Barbara Walters.

Werner Spliz:
His testimony was one of the most comical of the trial, and when he pulled out the skull and placed it on the witness stand - the gallery gasped, they thought it was Caylee’s skull. He was a 5K a day mouthpiece, who looked like he was 150 years old, and did nothing to help the DT’s case.

CA & GA:
Robyn saw CA & GA many times, but never spoke with them. She did ride on the elevator with them a few times - CA appeared to be devastated and crying many times, but, while CA & GA leaned on each other in public, they appeared to be a couple "acting like a couple" and were faking it for the trial.

Yuri Melich and his interview of OCA at Universal:
He is very much a seasoned officer. Mentioned the WWYD fan site (I giggled) and that many ladies were enamored with the tall, dark and handsome lead detective. Robyn thought he looked like a member of the Mossad in Isreal, but found out he’s Portuguese. She said that he's probably the first person in OCA’s life to really nail her to a wall and call her out on her lies.

She told a funny story about Dt. Melich’s take on the Universal interview, it went something like - OCA was 22 years old, and about 95 lbs and 5” tall. He was amazed that she was able to just lie over and over, and never flinched or cracked. YM said if he was 22 years old, and was interviewed by two grown LE’s like she was, he would have defiantly cracked.

Sgt Allen:
Said OCA was very cordial during ride over to Universal. She chatted with them and acted as if nothing was wrong or had any concerns - even though she had to know that she was about to be exposed as a liar. He has seen plenty of people lie during interviews, but she just seemed to lie just to get five more minutes.

Sgt Allen also works for Home Land Security.

Why no perjury charges against CA? Or charges against LB for the TES documents, and finally HHJP contempt charges against JB:
Frankly speaking, this one case consumed so much of their time, cost the state millions in financial resources (during budget cuts), and was under such media and public scrutiny, that they consider these matters closed and won’t be prosecuting anyone. Simply stated, they have too many other important cases they are working on, and they have no need to return to the circus like atmosphere that would certainly occur with anything related to this case. Robyn mentioned a member of LE showing her about 25 case files, about a foot thick each, that were active investigations – they had to move on, and they have.

Who is Caylee's Father?
The Boston man who died in a car accident. Robyn is friends with Diane Dimond, and they both believe, based upon photos of the man and info they have about his whereabouts during that time, that he is indeed Caylee's father. DNA testing will be done.

One of the most disturbing things she witnessed:
Watching the people who lined up for tickets to trial. She saw many fights, and people acting like they were waiting on line for a ride at Disney. It was a 2 1/2 year old's murder trial, and many just acted horribly. Saw some of the same people come almost everyday - such as neck brace guy and the sharpie lady. Glad they changed it to pick up tickets day before.

That guy in Boston - his mother claimed he might have been the father and that DNA tests were forthcoming- that was in June/July -more than enough time for them to have come up with some results if in fact they were done....

Link

Here ya go, zippity! Thank you for your succinct report! :blowkiss:

That guy in Boston - his mother claimed he might have been the father and that DNA tests were forthcoming- that was in June/July -more than enough time for them to have come up with some results if in fact they were done....

Agreed... While LE has Caylee's DNA, and many people were tested(Robyn mentioned this), the court would only turn it over it over this family for good cause - not just because the mother claims "I think my son is the father". Both he and Caylee are dead, so what would knowing this really serve anyone now - other than money. Also, I can't see OCA cooperating with this family. She knows what it could mean to her in the future if he was the father - and I think she will fight it all the way. OCA does not have any money right now, perhaps, in time, this woman will come out of the woodworks to attempt get what she feels is her share if OCA hits a big payday.

Where is OCA?

I have always thought it was DS providing her a hide-out. This makes so much sense to me. They had a strange "connection" anyway, imo. From what I could tell from the outside looking it, that whole client/attorney relationship was weird.

"Frankly speaking, this one case consumed so much of their time, cost the state millions in financial resources (during budget cuts), and was under such media and public scrutiny, that they consider these matters closed and won’t be prosecuting anyone. Simply stated, they have too many other important cases they are working on, and they have no need to return to the circus like atmosphere that would certainly occur with anything related to this case"

What a dismal, sad excuse. I can't believe the people of FL are accepting this. His "honor" didn't have a problem throwing a woman with mental illness into the slammer. Yet perjury during a MURDER trial is excused because of a potential "circus like" atmosphere? Little reality check here...this trial wasn't a circus like atmosphere at all, other than a few odd balls and the defense team. So much for the vows taken to uphold the law.

I hear ya Horace, but JA mentions some of the same reasons as to why they did not pursue perjury charges against CA.

I have always thought it was DS providing her a hide-out. This makes so much sense to me. They had a strange "connection" anyway, imo. From what I could tell from the outside looking it, that whole client/attorney relationship was weird.

I am glad that she is saddled with babysitting FCA. Remember DS's answer when Joy Behar asked if she would ever let Casey babysit for her family? She could not say yes. Then she hemmed and hawed and tried to cover, but it was too late.

So NOW she has FCA camping out at her 50 million dollar estate. I love it. Is there anything worse than having an unwanted houseguest who overstays their welcome?

This is going to go on forever. They say that she will make her self public once she is 'well.' RIGHT? When do they think that is going to happen? LOL

ETA: If I remember correctly, her estate doubles as a Buddhist Retreat. There is NOTHING the Buddhists are going to be able to do about this narcissistic soul-less vessel, imo. And I cannot think of a worse religion for Casey Anthony than Buddhism. Basically the only person one must answer to is themselves. Usually, this is a positive philosophy as it depends upon self reflection and enlightenment to attain greater spiritual strength. But no doubt the entire thing will be lost on Casey, as she has no feelings, no sense of right and wrong and no heart. imoo

KC lounging at a 50 million dollar estate of DS? Oh, boy! Wonder how long it will be before DS and her hubby are cashing in their 401K because KC got into their checking accounts? Seriously! Can you imagine how much damage she could do with her underhanded ways before they would even notice it? The thought of it makes me laugh. :floorlaugh:

Just finished the book, its a good read - the quotes are very interesting and Robyn's first-hand trial accounts are excellent. Please also note that she is giving a percentage of the profits to several charities, which she noted to me:

"I am donating a portion of the proceeds to the OCSO Children's Safety Village...for fingerprinting & DNA collections kits. I am the only Casey Book author with a charity! Would so appreciate as I will be in FLA for Safety Week in 2012 and would like to purchase as many kits as possible. Reminder - Caylee Anthony was a missing child - at 1st - not a murdered child."

Beach provided a link to the book above... if you are so inclined to purchase it you can find it easily on Amazon. ETA Link: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Life-Anthony-Observations-Courtroom/dp/1466241802/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321839799&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Beautiful Life?: The CSI Behind the Casey Anthony Trial & My Observations from Courtroom Seat #1 (9781466241800): Robyn Walensky: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pL9V9Z9VL.@@AMEPARAM@@51pL9V9Z9VL[/ame]

If you have a direct Amazon link, please go ahead and post it, zippity.

Members who are not subscribed to "WS ad free", should see a Amazon rolling ad on the side of the forum homepage. I don't think there is a direct link to the book, but it can be searched there.

KC lounging at a 50 million dollar estate of DS? Oh, boy! Wonder how long it will be before DS and her hubby are cashing in their 401K because KC got into their checking accounts? Seriously! Can you imagine how much damage she could do with her underhanded ways before they would even notice it? The thought of it makes me laugh. :floorlaugh:

LOL. I wonder how much she has stolden and pawned, ya know like gold fixtures and such? It would serve them right for opening their doors to her, as that zebra is not going to change her stripes.

Agreed... While LE has Caylee's DNA, and many people were tested(Robyn mentioned this), the court would only turn it over it over this family for good cause - not just because the mother claims "I think my son is the father". Both he and Caylee are dead, so what would knowing this really serve anyone now - other than money. Also, I can't see OCA cooperating with this family. She knows what it could mean to her in the future if he was the father - and I think she will fight it all the way. OCA does not have any money right now, perhaps, in time, this woman will come out of the woodworks to attempt get what she feels is her share if OCA hits a big payday.

I'm not sure that they need OCA's cooperation zippitydoda as they already have Caylee's DNA. However, I think they have to do a reverse DNA from the guys mother and it is very spendy to do a DNA, so that may be the hang up. KWIM?

She's going to be up in my neck of the woods on Tuesday. RW seems like my kind of gal...she'll be doing the book signing at the bar. :)

IF OCA did steal from them (DS and hubby) would they even dare report it to police? After all, it wouldn't take long before it would be in the news. LOL they may be getting a life sentence for keeping her. sorry, but some days I have a warped sense of humour.

it make me laugh in theory, but it practice it depresses me. I think DS truly is one of those really, really, really, terminally nice people. I think there is a 70% chance that OCA stays with DS forever. and it will probably cause DS great pain in the long run, always thinking that the good nature of people will win given time enough.

not everyone HAS a good nature.

LOL. I wonder how much she has stolden and pawned, ya know like gold fixtures and such? It would serve them right for opening their doors to her, as that zebra is not going to change her stripes.

I would think DS should worry about her husband:floorlaugh:

I am glad that she is saddled with babysitting FCA. Remember DS's answer when Joy Behar asked if she would ever let Casey babysit for her family? She could not say yes. Then she hemmed and hawed and tried to cover, but it was too late.
So NOW she has FCA camping out at her 50 million dollar estate. I love it. Is there anything worse than having an unwanted houseguest who overstays their welcome?

This is going to go on forever. They say that she will make her self public once she is 'well.' RIGHT? When do they think that is going to happen? LOL

ETA: If I remember correctly, her estate doubles as a Buddhist Retreat. There is NOTHING the Buddhists are going to be able to do about this narcissistic soul-less vessel, imo. And I cannot think of a worse religion for Casey Anthony than Buddhism. Basically the only person one must answer to is themselves. Usually, this is a positive philosophy as it depends upon self reflection and enlightenment to attain greater spiritual strength. But no doubt the entire thing will be lost on Casey, as she has no feelings, no sense of right and wrong and no heart. imoo

Now I'm wondering if she was hemming and hawing because she knew Casey would be staying at the Chateau Simms, and did not want that thought to enter Joy's mind, as Joy might ask her if Casey would be staying with her. She didn't want to inadvertantly reveal something, perhaps?
I'm disgusted with it, though (what's new?)...so, DS is like a mommy to Casey, the mommy she always wanted: big hacienda, lets KC lay around and be lazy, KC has adult-like and very deep chit-chats with the incoming and outgoing, like she has her own little life of luxury. :sick: :sick: :sick: Life fit for a whacked out princess, I'll say. KC doesn't care, after all, if she has 1 friend or 100, she'll suck the life out of whoever she can and completely entertain herself in the process.

Of course, a raging sociopath will eventually have to play their games in earnest, she'll find a way to screw it up...
Gross. She should be shivering in a cell somewhere, watching out for the gurney with her name on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back