NC - Five kids, ages 8-17, killed in murder-suicide, Pleasant Garden, 20 Nov 2011

nursebeeme

Reaction score
http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-sto...ting-pleasant-garden-nc-111120,0,320549.story

Two people are dead and five were taken to Moses Cone Hospital after a series of shootings that took place in three different locations around Pleasant Garden Sunday morning.

Sheriff BJ Barnes said during a 1 p.m. news conference that seven people were shot and two of them had died. One of the fatalities is the woman who is believed to be responsible for the shootings, Barnes said.

None of the victims' identities have been released and it was not clear if there were any other suspects involved. Barnes said the victims ranged in ages between 9 and 40 and four of them are under the age of 18.

**presser at 10am today**

---------

Neighbors near Cocoa Drive told News 2 the name of the woman who shot herself, and the names of some of the victims, who they said were children ranging in age from nine to 17. However, the sheriff's department has not yet confirmed the names.
http://www.digtriad.com/news/articl...ant-Garden-Shooting-Victims-It-Blows-You-Away

^^video at this link has good case update^^

-----------

I just don't understand why tragedies like this happen.

And almost no one bats an eye, except in the immediate vicinity of the crime.

Three of the injured are in critical condition, all shot in the head.

Unbelievable. She's carrying on an affair with a married man and stalking him. She doesn't get her way so she kills everyone.
This world has gone crazy.

http://www.lambethtroxlerfuneralhome.com/sitemaker/sites/Lamber1/obit.cgi?user=331985Suttles
Poor children they only lost their mother March 9 2011. There is even a special thanks to
Mary Ann Holder for taking care of the grieving children :(
Obsessive need or jealosy = wanting to kill 5 innocent children
She wants to take her own life and the play around dude ok -(you play you pay) tis the way it is sometimes - they are adults they made their choices-russian roulette when you start playing with peoples emotions.
But Mary even went and picked up her son after missing (shooting) her main target, and then shot the child that trusts and loves her.
Life is so so unfair sometimes -what will happen to those surviving children now.

I believe this was her thinking:

She tried to kill the man she loved and knew she was going to kill herself. They would be together in the hereafter.
She killed her children so they would be with her.
She tried to kill the son's girlfriend because she knew he would not he happy without her.
She tried to kill her deceased sister's children so they could be with their Mother.
The family would be together.

Now, make no mistake about it, this was all wrong but this is my opinion of her thinking in what she did.

This is terribly shocking. I expected occasions of killings during the holidays; however this is unexpected and especially heinous and diabolical.
The mind can't take it. The Soul trembles and Heaven waits.

I believe this was her thinking:

She tried to kill the man she loved and knew she was going to kill herself. They would be together in the hereafter.
She killed her children so they would be with her.
She tried to kill the son's girlfriend because she knew he would not he happy without her.
She tried to kill her deceased sister's children so they could be with their Mother.
The family would be together.

Now, make no mistake about it, this was all wrong but this is my opinion of her thinking in what she did.
That takes some of the sting out of it. Really......for me at least. In it's own terrible way.
Yesterday my younger daughter (over age 18) and her friend and I were discussing the year 2012 and the dire predictions of the end of the world. My YDD stated that she didn't want to die. I said something about the next life and she said 'But I want everyone together at the same time'.
Said in all innocence and the longing for that.
So maybe, just maybe, that is how Mary Ann was thinking.

Her nephew and her son's girlfriend are both on life support. Who knows if they'll live and if they do survive, there will probably be devastating brain damage. They were shot in the head.

This woman has destroyed many lives because she couldn't have the "relationship" she wanted. Diabolical is an appropriate word here.
Diabolical rage and selfishness.

I totally agree Joe.
And you hit the nail on the head with what I meant by the word 'diabolical'.

Right, Starry Night. These family annihilators often leave notes detailing their "reasons" why they "had to" murder their loved ones (didn't want them to suffer, thought they would be better off dead, etc). This twisted version of "playing God" is particularly evil and offensive.

Right, Starry Night. These family annihilators often leave notes detailing their "reasons" why they "had to" murder their loved ones (didn't want them to suffer, thought they would be better off dead, etc). This twisted version of "playing God" is particularly evil and offensive.

I wonder why no-one ever seems to see it coming. There has to be seen somewhere along the way a propensity for terrible deeds. I mean, really.
Looking at the obit posted above, seems to be a few young deaths through the years. Pattern?

I wonder why no-one ever seems to see it coming. There has to be seen somewhere along the way a propensity for terrible deeds. I mean, really.
Looking at the obit posted above, seems to be a few young deaths through the years. Pattern?

In looking at the surviving siblings, three of the brothers last names were the same as Mary Ann Holder's children's last names. I'm wondering if she was the children's aunt by marriage since she isn't mentioned as a surviving sibling of the mother's. If you search the deceased mother's name on facebook, a link to her brother's obit is at the bottom of the page. It doesn't mention Mary Ann Holder either. I don't know how she fits in.

I have no words to say about she did; it's so incomprehensible..

what the h3ll is wrong with people......this is just so devastating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back