The Doe Network:
Case File 2171DMFL

Michael Wayne Allan
Missing since October 31, 1997 from Brookville, Pasco County, Florida
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: April 16, 1953
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 44 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 180 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark blond or light brown wavy hair; brown eyes. A lump on his neck.
  • Tattoos: Tattoo on upper left arm.
  • Jewelry: Gold chains around his neck.
  • Dentals: Available
  • Fingerprints: Available
  • DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Allan, a service manager at Plaza Dodge in Brooksville, was last seen in Brookville, Florida on October 31, 1997, as he went to pick up his son in Tampa to go trick-or-treating.
Nearly a month later, his 1989 Dodge Daytona was found abandoned in a Tarpon Springs shopping plaza.
Allan disappeared just two weeks before he and his ex-wife were to appear before a judge to settle a child support dispute, court records show.
Allan had had custody of his son since February 1996. In June, he sued his ex-wife for child support. Allan's mother said she does not believe Michael Allan's ongoing dispute with his ex-wife is connected to his disappearance.
Friends say Allan, who loved fishing and camping, was not the type of man to leave town without a word. Detectives have been searching for Allan since November 2, when his fiancee reported him missing.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Pasco County Sheriff's Office
800-854-2862
Source Information:
Pasco County Sheriff's Office
FDLE
NamUs
St. Petersburg Times

www.doenetwork.org/cases/2171dmfl.html

I believe there could be a possible link between this missing person and http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/858umfl.html

Unidentified White Male

• The victim was discovered on January 12, 2005 in Tarpon Springs, Pinellas County, Florida
  • Estimated Date of Death: Several months to several years prior to discovery
  • Cause of Death: Self-inflicted gunshot wound
  • Formerly Hot Case # 108

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 40-55 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8-6'3"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Possible salt and pepper colored hair. Evidence of arthritis.
  • Dentals: Available. Right central incisor crosses over the left central incisor (8 over 9). Extremely large crypt in 18 and 31. Lack of 17 and 32 due to agenesis. Odd angle of 13. Bucal calculus buildup on 13-15.
  • Clothing: Denim pants (size 38x34) with a white rope around the waist that was being utilized as a belt, colored, medium sized, button-down, RR Casual shirt, a dark colored, knit type watch cap and Cross Trekker suede, lace-up sneakers with brown laces, size 10.5, white and gray socks.
  • DNA: Available; FBI NMPDD

Case History
The victim was located underneath a tree in a wooded area in the 44000 block of US 19, in Tarpon Springs, Florida on January 12, 2005. He was about 300 feet from roadway, and had an intra-oral gunshot wound. A rusty handgun was on the ground next to the body and had remnants of clothing around the body. ME ruled suicide.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Tarpon Springs Police Department
Detective Robert Faugno
727-937-2549
or
C.A. Pound Human Identification Lab
Anthony Falsetti
352-273-8320
or
District 6 Medical Examiner
727-582-6800
Email

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
T. S. P. D. Case Number: 05-00142

C.A. Pound/M.E. Case Number: 5050078

NCIC Number:
U-420006991

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
FLUIDDB
NamUs
Bay News 9 1/12/05
New Search 9/20/05
The doe's remains where found very close to where Michael Allan's truck was found (a couple blocks) and the skeletal remains could have been there for several years doenetwork says. What are the odds of a missing guy's truck being found so close and then a DOE?

Wow! That doe was identified as a black male. I guess they must have had a dental or dna match.
http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase2236.html

Thank you for updating.

Edit-the hot case was missing the skull. I remember starting a thread about a skull found in Tampa Bay. I cant find anything on google after it was sent to have a model made of the skull in 2008.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66692&highlight=tampa+bay

Michael Wayne Allan
allan_michael.jpg
Allan, 44, disappeared from Brooksville, Florida on October 21, 1997. In October 1998, his skeletal remains were found in the water under the Howard Franklin Bridge in Tampa, Florida. They weren't identified until May 2012, in part because authorities believed the body was of an African-American. Allan's death is under investigation.

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html

From October 2012:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content...Identifies-Remains-of-1997-Murder-Victim.aspx

According to agents and investigators, they believe Allan was murdered and are looking for information from the public relating to this investigation...

Fifteen years ago today on October 31, 1997, Allan was last seen leaving his workplace, Plaza Dodge of Brooksville – now known as Nature Coast Chrysler Dodge. Investigators believe that Allan was travelling to meet with his ex-wife, Kelly Allan, to pick up their son. According to Kelly Allan, Allan never arrived at the pre-determined meeting place in Tampa.

Law enforcement located Allan’s 1989 red Dodge Dayton on November 25, 1997, in a parking lot located at 40960 US Highway 19 N., Tarpon Springs, Fla. Allan’s remains were found on July 14, 1998 near the Howard Frankland Bridge in Tampa.

My name is Kevin Allan, Michael's son I would check my mom's Facebook for a guy named Jake because the weekend after Halloween he took me to that bridge to go fishing you can contact me at kallan6200@gmail.com

I wonder if they found any DNA from the perp.

Published Oct. 2, 2005

Nearly a month later, his 1989 Dodge Daytona was found abandoned in a Tarpon Springs shopping plaza. A friend said detectives found blood stains in the car, though authorities would not confirm that.

Mrs. Allan said she has heard little from detectives since her son disappeared. She said she was told some items from his car were being sent to a crime lab, but officials did not give her specifics.

Devoted father, missing since Halloween, sought

My name is Kevin Allan, Michael's son I would check my mom's Facebook for a guy named Jake because the weekend after Halloween he took me to that bridge to go fishing you can contact me at kallan6200@gmail.com
Hi Kevin,
I see it has been a while since you've been on here. Welcome to Websleuths. Perhaps we can help you find peace and resolution with your Dad's death. If you take a look at these two links and become a Verified Insider on your Dad's thread, you'll be able to provide information without a main stream media (MSM) link. You'll still need to follow the terms of service (TOS) of course. Hopefully, we can help!

VI Process:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

TOS or The Rules:
The Rules

Updated link since I couldn't get the other FDLE one to work.

FDLE Identifies Remains of 1997 Murder Victim

According to agents and investigators, they believe Allan was murdered and are looking for information from the public relating to this investigation.

“The team of agents and investigators and forensic analysts solved the mystery of who this man is, and now we need to solve the crime,” said Special Agent in Charge Rick Ramirez. “It’s time we brought some answers to Michael Allan’s family and we encourage anyone with information about his activity in Florida to contact us.”

"The citizens of Pasco should feel confident in knowing that our detectives never stop working cases no matter how much time has passed, “said Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco. “We will continuously work until we bring justice for the victim and his family."

"FDLE has done an excellent job of leading this multijurisdictional investigation,” said Tampa Police Chief Jane Castor. “Under its leadership, the team of investigators are bringing the family closer to the answers and justice they deserve."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!
Back