VA VA - Lauren Smith, 22, Madison County, 21 Nov 2011

http://www2.madison-news.com/news/2011/dec/01/madison-woman-22-missing-ar-1507100/

IMO whoever took her was aware that she was set to clean this particular house on this particular day. I don't think she met up with someone from the internet, that doesn't make sense. She would not set up a date with somebody at the house she cleans. Nope. This is someone who lives in the area, who was not working that day, or doesn't work. Someone with time to stalk Lauren. She probably didn't lock the door behind her. I used to clean houses, and when you clean houses after a while you feel comfortable and safe in them. I wonder where the people who she cleaned for were. Its odd that she didn't clean it at all. Was someone already in the house when she got there. I wonder how if Lauren had her own key, or if they left it unlocked for her if they weren't there. Its hard without knowing the neighborhood. I'm going to look on google earth.

After looking at Google Earth, it is evident that Oak Ridge Lane is in a very isolated location, with only a few houses on the lane, and those that are there are separated by trees and what looks like at least an acre between homes.

One of the articles said that Lauren entered the Oak Ridge Lane residence off of Tryme Road. Google Earth doesn't show a Tryme Road.

James City Road is a turn off of Route 29, Oak Ridge is the first street on the left.

Route 29? I hope this case isn't related to the Route 29 murders -- I hope that perpetrator is long gone.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/211750332235885/212209055523346/?notif_t=like

Rough Details Surrounding the Case
The details and timeline surrounding this case is still being verified by the Mad-Co Sheriff's Office, but there are some things that are set in stone that I can share with all of you:

Last Time She Was Seen: Stories have been collected and security tapes are yet to be watched, but Lauren was last seen at the 7-11 in Culpeper (779 Madison Road, Culpeper, VA 22701) around 2:30 p.m., and sometime between then and 2:45 was dropped off at the house that she was supposed to be cleaning. The last person to see her was her cousin, Andrew Salas.

Cell Phone: The last text issued from Lauren's phone was at 4:45 p.m. on Monday, November 21st. After that, her phone has been off or dead. The sheriff's office has someone calling the phone once an hour since we've reported her missing, with the hopes that we'll catch it the moment it turns on. If they can catch it on, they'll be able to track it. Her phone charger was found alongside her netbook, meaning that she doesn't have it on her person.

Netbook: Her netbook and charger was found in the back of Andrew's car several days after the initial disappearance. The police have gone through it, and except for some emails that are still being followed up on, nothing has been found on it that has anything to do with the case. Those emails that are being followed up on part of one of the Leads/Rumors that will be documented in another post.

Gun: There is a missing gun mixed up in all of this. The gun was stolen from the house that Lauren was last dropped off at. It was a handgun, but I don't have any more details than that. According to the homeowner, the gun didn't have any ammo in it, and there wasn't any ammo in the house that fit it. Though you don't need a gun license to buy ammo, you do need a will and a means. While Lauren may be hoping to use the gun for protection, hopefully she won't find it such a great idea to put live ammunition into a gun that she doesn't have any experience using.

What the Police Have Done: Stayed in constant contact with our family since the onset of this case (less than 12 hours into Lauren being reported missing). Consistently calling Lauren's cell phone every hour to see if they can catch it on. Sent officers to investigate the two leads that have since been labelled as dead-ends. Preformed several on-foot searches of the wooded areas around the house Lauren was living in (our mother's house) and the house she was supposed to have been cleaning. Coordinated an aerial search of a wider swatch of land using low-flying planes and helicopters. Thoroughly scoured Lauren's netbook for any and all information that might pertain to the case. Taking any and all leads as seriously as possible, going so far to investigate even leads that sound like rumors (see Leads/Rumors).

I will add to this as questions are asked and as more information comes to light.
January 25 at 9:18am

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back