CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another new thread for Audrey!! You're terrific, Salem!

:tyou::gthanks::yourock::gthanks::tyou:

----------

ETA: Totally off-topic - but I'm trying to personalise my profile page. Let's face it, I'm NOT Hazel with computer abilities!!:D:bang::D

Given the pristine appearance of the exterior of AG's home and the surrounding grounds, it's hard to believe that a "hoarder" lived inside. Maybe it just wasn't "dutch clean".

Given the pristine appearance of the exterior of AG's home and the surrounding grounds, it's had to believe that a "hoarder" lived inside. Maybe it just wasn't "dutch clean".

I know what you mean - women are far too often judged by the appearance of our homes indoors. I believe that's why AG chose to visit with friends in the garage area.

In fact, *I* often feel the very same way - fearful of unspoken judgements!

:sweep:

when posting, got the message: Sorry, this thread is close!

:christmastree::crush::cheer::loveyou::tyou: Salem!! :blowkiss:

Found this info about rigor mortis: http://www.somerset.k12.md.us/JMT/postmortem_changes.htm
------------
ETA: This is interesting:

b. Insulation. This may mean clothing, body wrappings, or even body fat. Anything which insulates the body will cause it to cool relatively more slowly.

c. Surface in contact with body. Part of the cooling process may involve direct conduction from the body to a contacting surface. If this contacting surface is relatively warm or cool, the rate of cooling may be retarded or accelerated, respectively.

d. Ventilation. A well-ventilated environment will speed the rate of cooling, as this would increase evaporation as well as increase heat loss through convection.

e. Environmental temperature. The colder the environment, the more rapid the cooling
Thank you for finding this Stone. As I posted on thread #1, I had wondered if DSL's being arrested for having a knife had actually been a blessing for him, meaning that might have provided him with the best alibi, thus excluding him once the autopsy results were in.

I have also been wondering why the murderer(s) closed the garage door on his/her/their way out -- one answer provided here was that perhaps the perp(s) wanted to delay A's body from being found, thus giving him/her/they time to get away. Did the perp(s) actually thought someone was going to drive up to Audrey's in the next 30 minutes or so? How long would it take for the murderer(s) to drive/run/walk away?

IMO, closing the garage door has another purpose, :waitasec: but what could it be?
  • Could it be delaying the onset of rigor mortis? (We know the onset of rigor mortis is more rapid if the environment is cold). Why would the perp(s) want this? So the estimated time of death is pushed closer to the time of discovery?
  • Or they wanted the delay so the pathologist would not be able to pinpoint with exactitude Audrey's estimated time of death.
What kind of DNA has LE recovered from the scene? So far I cannot recall LE mentioning 'semen' was found, so I'm thinking could it be possible DSL was ruled out because he was in custody when the crime was committed? If DSL was ruled out based on DNA, would that DNA that LE recovered came from semen? I would imagine LE would have already compared that DNA with PK's as well.

I really REALLY hope LE does know when the attack took place, and have a good timeline of events. Pleas LE solve this case, and put the monster away for good!

Thinking of the garage door closed and the possible reasons for that suddenly brought an ugly picture to mind concerning ligatures attached to automatic garage doors...

Thinking of the garage door closed and the possible reasons for that suddenly brought an ugly picture to mind concerning ligatures attached to automatic garage doors...

Hi dotr: Sorry, but I'm not certain what you mean by the part I've done in BOLD!

Do you mean AG could have been dragged/tied/ropes tightened when the garage door was closed after the killing. Oh dear.........:furious:

Please confirm or explain further. :tyou:

when posting, got the message: Sorry, this thread is close!]

:christmastree::crush::cheer::loveyou::tyou: Salem!! :blowkiss:

Thank you for finding this Stone. Most welcome! As I posted on thread #1, I had wondered if DSL's being arrested for having a knife had actually been a blessing for him, meaning that might have provided him with the best alibi, thus excluding him once the autopsy results were in.

I have also been wondering why the murderer(s) closed the garage door on his/her/their way out -- one answer provided here was that perhaps the perp(s) wanted to delay A's body from being found, thus giving him/her/they time to get away. Did the perp(s) actually thought someone was going to drive up to Audrey's in the next 30 minutes or so? How long would it take for the murderer(s) to drive/run/walk away? Good points! Was the killer in the house with AG for a few days and he heard that PK was coming at a certain day/time with the cake?

IMO, closing the garage door has another purpose, :waitasec: but what could it be?
  • Could it be delaying the onset of rigor mortis? (We know the onset of rigor mortis is more rapid if the environment is cold). Why would the perp(s) want this? So the estimated time of death is pushed closer to the time of discovery? That could be seen as a deliberate situation AGAINST PK. As in, it's personal!
  • Or they wanted the delay so the pathologist would not be able to pinpoint with exactitude Audrey's estimated time of death.This is my best guess!!
What kind of DNA has LE recovered from the scene? So far I cannot recall LE mentioning 'semen' was found, so I'm thinking could it be possible DSL was ruled out because he was in custody when the crime was committed? If DSL was ruled out based on DNA, would that DNA that LE recovered came from semen? I would imagine LE would have already compared that DNA with PK's as well. For some unknown reason, I doubt it's semen. Wouldn't LE have nailed someone by now if it was? Someone who was a POI?

I really REALLY hope LE does know when the attack took place, and have a good timeline of events. Pleas LE solve this case, and put the monster away for good!

My comments are within the quote!!

:seeya: Saying 'HI' to our many guests!!