UK Taya, 14 months, is a model, she also has Downs Syndrome

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
I found this such an inspiring and "feel good" read this morning. Such a change to have a story about good parenting

"The camera just loves little Taya Kennedy. Wide-eyed, cheeky, engaged; she brims with the confidence of a natural performer. It is little wonder that she has taken the child-modelling world by storm.
The fact that 14-month-old Taya also has Down’s Syndrome is quite incidental. She was selected, not to fulfil a quota, tick a box or adhere to the dictums of some politically-correct code of positive discrimination. Taya was picked because, quite simply, she is a star."

Much more and photos at link

She's gorgeous! With a family like hers, she can do anything!!!!

Amazing and heartwarming story- I have a son they told me would never walk talk or sit up. He graduated high school, works at a wood factory, shops, cooks, cleans...I always believed he could, and he does!

Love it! From the article:

‘I always believed my daughter was stunning but I thought, “I’m her mum. I’m biased,”’ she says.

article-2066344-0E7915D200000578-311_306x423.jpg
'When people say "poor you" I find it offensive and irritating,' said Taya's mother Gemma

‘When the agency rang me and said, “We want her on our books. She’s absolutely beautiful”, I was delighted.

‘I asked them if they were aware she had Down’s Syndrome. They said: “It’s immaterial. We’ve accepted her.” At that moment I burst into tears. I was overjoyed, not so much because Taya was going to be a model. More importantly, she had competed on equal terms with every other child and succeeded.

‘People can be really negative about children with Down’s. They say they can’t do this and won’t be able to achieve that. It’s incredibly frustrating. Someone said to me the other day: “I suppose she’ll never be able to live an independent life,” and I said, “Why on earth not?”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ns-darling-modelling-world.html#ixzz1erpjghyM

Down's kids don't necessarily have the limits the medical community puts on them. Congrats to this darling and her family!

She's precious. How lovely that she has such a special mummy.

What a cheerful little cutie! I hope she continues to develop well and make her family proud.

Thanks for posting.

She's absolutely beautiful. She will go far in life - I just know it ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back