GUILTY Conrad Murray Trial - Sentencing Hearing

Good Morning Everyone... :seeya:

Thanks, Talina, for opening the new thread and for posting the links.

Good Morning all Bash present and accounted for. Now that I am working from home this is way better for watching these trials. Wish they would have made this decision oh about May of last year. LOL. Ok here is hoping and praying that the Judge throws the book at Murray and then some. Hoping he tells him that he is a waste of a human being and I would much rather have MJ here than Murray. I bet ole Connie has his dejected pathetic look going on today. Please feel so sorry for me. I am an innocent maaan (bash is using her best accent for the last line)

** Peace good to see you out there is cyber space hope you and family are doing well and still in my thoughts and prayer :seeya:.**

Well here we go off to see the judge. No matter what Murray is sentenced to it will be a letdown. Getting the max of 4 years and getting only half of that because of prison overcrowding seems to be too little for the crime, the time spent on investigating the crime, and the expense of the trial. I hope Murray gets up on the stand and pleads for his freedom because it will only hurt him unless he has changed his attitude tremendously.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We traveled 500 miles to and 500 miles home again to spend time with part of our family. It was a very long trip but well worth it.

Peace I am still keeping you in my thoughts. :grouphug:

Yay, just heard on In Sessions that Brazil and Walgren will be on live tomorrow at 10 am.
:) Hope Beth gets to do the interview. They will discuss the trial and or sentencing.

I got so excited I forgot to say Good morning everyone. :blush:

I am so anxious to hear what Judge Pastor says to Conrad Murray during his pronouncement of the sentence. Some judges will give the convicted person a "piece of their mind" so to speak but having not ever seen this judge before this trial, I'm not sure what to expect.

I do so hope that we are not inundated with multiple previous patients of Conrad Murray taking the stand as character witnesses. That will get old fast if we have to listen to what I heard could be upwards of 30 something of them. That is not necessary, IMO and the really only good character witness for him would be peers in his own profession and actual friends of his, not just former patients also being friends. That, in itself, is a big part of his problem as a doctor. His patients see themselves as his friends, and vice versa.

IMO

Yay, just heard on In Sessions that Brazil and Walgren will be on live tomorrow at 10 am.
:) Hope Beth gets to do the interview. They will discuss the trial and or sentencing.

Thanks for the info! :)

OMG Flanagan interview on InSessions from Nov 8, after the verdict. He is talking appeal issues and says that the gag order placed on the defense hindered their ability to defend their client. Say what? :floorlaugh:

He is saying that many in the media did not accurately understand the medical testing forensics and because there was a gag order, the defense could not get out there prior to and during the trial to explain it all to them correctly.

Now, what on earth does that have to do with their ability to trial the case in a court room? Nothing whatsoever, IMO.

It does entirely affect their ability to try the case in the court of public opinion which is just fine with me.

IMO

Good morning everyone. Thanks for keeping us up to date. At work, as usual, and can't really participate, but will sneak peaks in. :tyou:

I am so anxious to hear what Judge Pastor says to Conrad Murray during his pronouncement of the sentence. Some judges will give the convicted person a "piece of their mind" so to speak but having not ever seen this judge before this trial, I'm not sure what to expect.

I do so hope that we are not inundated with multiple previous patients of Conrad Murray taking the stand as character witnesses. That will get old fast if we have to listen to what I heard could be upwards of 30 something of them. That is not necessary, IMO and the really only good character witness for him would be peers in his own profession and actual friends of his, not just former patients also being friends. That, in itself, is a big part of his problem as a doctor. His patients see themselves as his friends, and vice versa.

IMO

Greetings All! :seeya: I had totally forgotten that sentencing was today; thanks to MSNBC.com for reminding me!

Unfortunately, I suspect we will hear from more patients, as evidence of mitigation. I agree that it will be a total waste of time, but the defense is permitted to put on evidence of mitigation (although I agree it will fall flat).

If Murray makes a statement that is his typical arrogant, unremorseful BS, it will be a huge mistake, but we've already seen this defense make a number of huge mistakes.

I suspect Judge Pastor will have some pretty harsh words for Murray. It is unfortunate that California is in the situation that will result in him serving little time, if any. I guess we should be grateful l that Murray has been in jail since the verdict, but that's really a small consolation. I will be watching to see if Texas pulls his medical license. The Texas Medical Board has allowed many "doctors" (aka butchers) to practice for years while they pussy foot around.

It will also be interesting to watch Flanagan and Chernoff today (if Chernoff shows). Did that Alford guy ever have his contempt hearing?

Arghhh Bash is blind just turned on IS and Flannagan is on, after the docu I just have nothing but contempt for this arrogant pompus &*^%. Jean C is just fawning all over him (bash bangs head against the wall now) I just want to take a pair of scissors to that perfectly aqua-netted hair of his.

Thanxs Talina I didnt know if that was a new or old interveiw still makes me illlllllllll.

Good morning all. :)

It would be in CMs best interest if he showed some remorse. He came across very arrogant in that video and blaming he victim is not going to work and hasn't worked.

I do hope the children sent in the letters that I have read about.

Talina -- I so agree with you. His patients don't make one bit of a difference IMO and none of them were administered propofol by CM either.

ETA: Thanks for posting the motion Devon. The ADA did an excellent job summarizing why CM should get the maximum sentence.

Greetings All! :seeya: I had totally forgotten that sentencing was today; thanks to MSNBC.com for reminding me!

Unfortunately, I suspect we will hear from more patients, as evidence of mitigation. I agree that it will be a total waste of time, but the defense is permitted to put on evidence of mitigation (although I agree it will fall flat).

If Murray makes a statement that is his typical arrogant, unremorseful BS, it will be a huge mistake, but we've already seen this defense make a number of huge mistakes.

I suspect Judge Pastor will have some pretty harsh words for Murray. It is unfortunate that California is in the situation that will result in him serving little time, if any. I guess we should be grateful l that Murray has been in jail since the verdict, but that's really a small consolation. I will be watching to see if Texas pulls his medical license. The Texas Medical Board has allowed many "doctors" (aka butchers) to practice for years while they pussy foot around.

It will also be interesting to watch Flanagan and Chernoff today (if Chernoff shows). Did that Alford guy ever have his contempt hearing?

That's a good question. If I recall correctly, he was a no show on his court date (due to a trial in Houston so his message to the judge said the day before) but the judge said on his appearance date he was issuing a bench warrant but would hold it until today and he wanted written explanation from Alford, along with written explanation for his no show, case number of his trial in Houston, along with the judge name and phone number. He said he wanted that before Nov. 29. I have not heard one word since then so I don't know what the status of that is today. Anyone know any updates?

:seeya: Hi, peace, o'moon, bash, talina, oosl, devon, b'sky,
kim, and all the rest I missed or who have signed-on since I started this post. Great comments, all! We'll see -- one of the commentators on IS said this shouldn't take more than an hour -- I say kaboodle on that. It'll take a while -- there are too many egos to cram it into one hour's time... sit back, have a cuppa, donut, get comfortable. I agree with oosl that our Judge will speak solemnly to the "dapperly" dressed doctor-convict. He did, indirectly, when he told him to go directly to jail, do not collect $200.00, after the verdict was announced...

Do we know if his CA medical license has been jerked or not? I heard that it had & that it would be.... hmmm, which??

Well, here come the Jacksons -- and we're all here.. :websleuther: :websleuther: :websleuther: .... Karma is:great: in that courtroom, I'm sure ---let's see :rollercoaster: what happens...

Think :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

Good morning. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting! I wish or hope that the prosecutors will be able to show some of that video to show Murray's lack of remorse.

Good Morning Borndem as always your posts made me LOL'd alot :floorlaugh::rocker:

:seeya: Hi, peace, o'moon, bash, talina, oosl, devon, b'sky,
kim, and all the rest I missed or who have signed-on since I started this post. Great comments, all! We'll see -- one of the commentators on IS said this shouldn't take more than an hour -- I say kaboodle on that. It'll take a while -- there are too many egos to cram it into one hour's time... sit back, have a cuppa, donut, get comfortable. I agree with oosl that our Judge will speak solemnly to the "dapperly" dressed doctor-convict. He did, indirectly, when he told him to go directly to jail, do not collect $200.00, after the verdict was announced...

Do we know if his CA medical license has been jerked or not? I heard that it had & that it would be.... hmmm, which??

Well, here come the Jacksons -- and we're all here.. :websleuther: :websleuther: :websleuther: .... Karma is:great: in that courtroom, I'm sure ---let's see :rollercoaster: what happens...

Think :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

As of right now, it is still just "suspended" in California. I suspect that will change at today's sentence since it was this particular judge that ordered the suspension.

It expired in June 2011 in Nevada and he did not apply to renew it. I saw an article prior to the verdict where someone from the medical board from Nevada that said depending on the verdict whether or not he'd be considered for renewal if he does later apply for renewal. He said a felony conviction related to medical care is grounds for denial with no questions asked.

As far as Texas, last I looked ( a couple of weeks ago) he is still licensed but on a restricted license and that is subject to being revoked now due to the verdict.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back