Identified! IL - Cook Co., Gacy Victim #19, Dec'78 - William 'Bill' Bundy

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
vic19.png

I posted this in the general discussion thread, but thought I would update here as well.

(carried above over from link in Gacy UID General discussion thread).

A Gacy victim finally identified — 35 years after he went missing

William “Bill” George Bundy — a 19-year-old North Sider, a Senn High School dropout — was identified after his brother Robert and sister Laura called a hotline set up by Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart.

Bundy was reported missing in October 1976 after saying he was going to a party but forgetting his wallet at home

Bundy’s mother suspected her son was among those killed by the Norwood Park Township man who became one of the country’s most-notorious killers and spoke with detectives at the time. But her son’s dentist had retired and destroyed all of his files, so no dental records were available to match to the body.

Full article at link:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/9135438...t-missing.html

I'm so glad Bill finally has his name back. I'm saddened he wasn't identified before his parents passed away, especially since he was in fact reported missing. Better late than never though.... 1 down 7 more to go.

Sleep peacefully Bill.

His poor mom. For her to be in denial that Bill was actually a victim of Gacy.... I am glad though that his siblings can finally have some closure...

His poor mom. For her to be in denial that Bill was actually a victim of Gacy.... I am glad though that his siblings can finally have some closure...

This is a different victim chaddy'. It is an already identified through dentals victim, Michael Marino, whose mother sought to have dna comparison through the courts and does not believe her son is one of the victims.

Link regarding the Marino identification:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/...s-his-examination-john-wayne-gacy-victim.html

According to the article I linked in the op Bill's mother always suspected her son was a victim and was unable to obtain dental records because Bill's dentist had retired and the dental records destroyed.

I am putting the contents of the DoeNet casefile here, so it will be available after it is removed from the DoeNetwork site.

The Doe Network:
Case File 961UMIL

2984159600045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

William George Bundy (circa 1976) - Reconstruction of Victim by Betty Pat Gatliff

Unidentified White Male (Identified as William George Bundy)

The victim was discovered on December 28, 1978 in Norwood Park, Illinois
Estimated Date of Death: July - September 1977
Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 18-20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1" - 5'6"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair. Fracture of right elbow within 2 months prior to his death.
Dentals: Available. Both upper eye teeth extracted prior to death.
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not Available

Case History
The victim was located on December 28, 1978 in Norwood Park, Illinois.
One of 9 unidentified victims of convicted and executed serial killer John Wayne Gacy. Twenty-nine of Gacy's victims were located buried in the crawl space of his home or under his garage. Four were found in the Des Plaines River. There are 33 known victims. It is suspected that there may be more.

RIP Bill. I am so very glad that his family can finally bring him home. My heart goes out to them.

I'm glad he was identified and has his name back.This gives me hope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back