GUILTY KS - Jesse Dimmick for home invasion kidnapping, Dover, 2009

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Kidnapper sues his hostages for $235,000 to cover emotional stress and hospital bills after he was shot by police (Daily Mail)
A man who held a Kansas couple hostage in their home while fleeing from authorities is suing them, claiming they broke an oral contract made when he promised them money in exchange for hiding him from police.
---
Jesse Dimmick (....) wants $235,000 in total, including $160,000 for his hospital bills after he was shot in the back by police and an additional $75,000 for emotional stress.
---
Convict sues his Kansas hostages for breach of contract (USA Today)
---
Dimmick, who was 23, was convicted in May 2010 and sentenced nearly 11 years in prison. He is now jailed in Colorado, where he is facing murder and other charges over the September 2009 slaying of a 25-year-old Denver-area man.

"As a result of the plaintiffs breech (sic) of contract, I, the defendant suffered a gunshot to my back, which almost killed me. The hospital bills alone are in excess of $160,000, which I have no way to pay," he wrote in longhand in the document, which was filed last month. Police said an officer's rifle accidentally discharged when Dimmick was apprehended after the Rowleys escaped while he dozed.
---
Dimmick is also suing the city of Topeka for medical expenses....
---
The Rowleys said Dimmick entered their home and confronted them at knifepoint. A neighbor told The Topeka Capital-Journal the couple gained his trust by eating Cheetos and drinking Dr Pepper with him while watching the movie “Patch Adams.”

The Rowleys fled the house after Dimmick fell asleep. Police entered and ordered Dimmick onto his stomach before Topeka police officer Guy Gardner’s rifle accidentally discharged, striking Dimmick in the back.
---
Dimmick filed the civil suit against the city of Topeka and Gardner in September 2010 seeking damages in excess of $75,000, including medical expenses.
---
Hearing reset in Dimmick's suit against city (Topeka Capital-Journal)

LOL, I saw this yesterday. This guy is a :nuts:

He might try looking up some facts on contract law. I don't know much, but it seems to me this alleged contract, was NOT a meeting of two minds, but agreed upon under duress. :whip:

Nope! Ain't gonna work!:nono:

You know what they say about someone who represents themselves in court? ............yep! He's definitely that! :rolleyes:

Now he needs to just sit down and shut up. :behindbar:

just sayin'
fran

I didn't remember the case in question till I got to the "eating Cheetohs and drinking Dr Pepper while watching Patch Adams" part, after which the perp fell asleep and was captured. After reading that in the Topeka C-J, I also remembered the gun accidentally discharging thing too.

Wow. I had a weird experience several years ago. My daughter and I were playing a game in the living room right inside the sliding glass door to our patio. We heard an alarm go off in the house behind us and suddenly this guy comes tearing over our 6ft. fence into our yard. My daughter starts screaming and our chow promplty ran out the dog door and grabbed his leg and bit him. He broke away and out our front gate where the cops ran him down on our cul-de-sac and arrested him. Several months later I got a notice I was being sued by the guy cause my dog bit him and there were no signs on the fence saying I had a dangerous dog. Lol. Not that it would matter since he didn't come in the gate but over the back of my fence. My attorney got the thing squashed before it went anywhere, but Jeez...what are these guys thinking?

Wow. I had a weird experience several years ago. My daughter and I were playing a game in the living room right inside the sliding glass door to our patio. We heard an alarm go off in the house behind us and suddenly this guy comes tearing over our 6ft. fence into our yard. My daughter starts screaming and our chow promplty ran out the dog door and grabbed his leg and bit him. He broke away and out our front gate where the cops ran him down on our cul-de-sac and arrested him. Several months later I got a notice I was being sued by the guy cause my dog bit him and there were no signs on the fence saying I had a dangerous dog. Lol. Not that it would matter since he didn't come in the gate but over the back of my fence. My attorney got the thing squashed before it went anywhere, but Jeez...what are these guys thinking?

Good grief! Glad your attorney got the thing tossed out (and good work by your chow, the guy should have been bitten!).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back