Dog shoots man

TrackerSam

Reaction score
A man was recovering Wednesday after being shot over the weekend by his dog.

A 46-year-old Brigham City man and a friend were duck hunting Sunday about 8:30 a.m. on the north end of the Great Salt Lake near the bird refuge, about 10 miles west of Brigham City.

The two had their canoe-like boat in a shallow marsh area when the man got out of the boat to either set up or collect decoys. He laid his 12-gauge shotgun across the bow of the boat, said Box Elder County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Kevin Potter.

“(The dog) did something to make the gun discharge. I don't know if the safety device was on. It's not impossible the dog could have taken it off safety.”
–Deputy Kevin Potter

After the man got out of the boat, a dog inside the vessel jumped up on the bow and stepped on the gun. The gun fired and shot the man in the buttocks.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=18299091&title=dog-shoots-man

The dog must have been a pointer. :floorlaugh:

Bird dog goes butt dog. Look out that dog is packing heat. OMG! :floorlaugh:

hunting_dog.jpg_1286396968.jpg

My dog locked me out of my car, after he jumped on the door lock button. I could totally see him shooting me if I ever left my gun laying around. Then he would just stand over me looking at me all stupid like, "why are you laying down?"

That dude needs to buy higher quality dog food and dog toys. I think this was a not so subtle message.

I read somewhere that this poor guy was hit with 27 pellets and many are still in him. Yikes...and...ouch!

I heard this on the Bob and Tom show this morning. :D

I wonder if the dog will be charged for no license, gun or hunting.

I heard this on the Bob and Tom show this morning. :D

I wonder if the dog will be charged for no license, gun or hunting.

I heard he had a human license good for one human each season. :giggle:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back