FL - Homeless Lady & 15 kids "Somebody needs to pay"

Wow! Here is an article from April 27, 2010:

A courtroom full of people who paid off Angel Yulee Adams' debts and found a rent-free, six-bedroom home for her and a dozen of her children waited Monday morning for a sign of gratitude, a clue of cooperation. They waited for a thank you.

They didn't get it. Angel Adams, 37, said she was glad to have the home. But she wanted them all out of her life.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/article1090453.ece

The father of 10 of them, Garry Brown, was sentenced to five years for a cocaine conviction. Without his help, she said, she fell into debt.

from the article

And apparently one father (of 2) wants his kids . . . and 3 of her kids are/were of age & not living with her full time

Hillsborough Circuit Judge Tracy Sheehan found Angel Yulee Adams, 37, in contempt of court after Adams refused to answer her questions.

Sheehan has long expressed frustration over Adams' refusal to cooperate with child protection officers.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20100429/news/4295115

since this was over one year ago, I wonder what is going on with her & her family.

Definitely an example of why we need to implement a licensing system to have children (LOL)

Ok, she had 15 kids. She had 15 kids. How does she not think that the 'someone [who] should be held accountable' is her? WTH?

I'd be interested to know where she got her mind-set at.

I typed what I wanted to say and then erased it so I wouldn't get a time out. :innocent: No one owes her anything.

I agree no one owes her anything. She's got major attitude that needs adjusting.

But man, those poor kids. It just breaks my heart. I hope that they do well.

Ummmm two words : tubal litigation !

I'd be interested to know where she got her mind-set at.

She obviously has some sort of character or personality disorder. These disorders are always characterized by profound self-centeredness and sense of entitlement. That sense of entitlement comes directly from the self-centeredness, it is a natural outcome.

She was given a six bedroom home rent-free, besides the the state welfare, but she couldn't tolerate ANY involvement of CPS whatsoever. She believes the rent-free home was what she had coming. In her mind, give and take does not apply to her. She has fifteen children! Therefore, she DESERVES and is ENTITLED to outside assistance.

Shades of Octomom. I know I wondered how Octomom could have done what she did, considering the consequences. Well, she didn't even consider "consequences". Consequences are for OTHER people to deal with, not her blessed and entitled self. Same for Angel Adams.

The reason this makes no sense to most of us is because the "sense" is that of a personality disordered person. It's a lot like the "sense" a four year old child makes when they throw a huge tantrum because you refuse to allow them to play on the roof :D , or refuse to allow them to eat their Halloween candy as they wish. A four year old has no concept of consequences, and inside, they are sure YOU the parent will deal with it FOR them.

No different with Angel Adams. She plopped out 15 kids, but it is OUR problem, and she actually believes this.

Someone needs to pay, I agree. My christmas present to you will be that I pay you to get your tubes tied.

Don't be so egoistic that you keep all those kids just because you birthed them!!! You don't own them, but you owe them all a great opportunity of life...

You can be the greatest mom on the earth, but nobody needs 15 kids.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Wow,just Wow

15 kids? Someone should have paid attention in sex ed.

No one needs that many kids.I feel sorry for them, each kid needs individual attention so how does she work around that? I've only got 2 kids and I feel guilty because my 1year old needs a little more attention than the 3year old with feeding etc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

This woman just doesn't get it. She is the luckiest b**** on the planet. I don't know about FL, but here in MI, simply being a single mother of fifteen children is enough for removal. Add to that that the father of some of them is in prison on drug charges...another huge strike. No job...another huge strike. Thousands of dollars to pay her rent? That wouldn't have happened here. If they were supporting the kids, they would have just taken the kids. Letting her remain in a hotel room with twelve kids, and working to get the whole family into a secure location? Nope, that wouldn't have happened either. Keeping them all together once they did remove them? No chance of that here. Allowing her to visit them at her own discretion, supervised or not? NO chance that would happen. Here, she would get one or two hours, once or twice a week in which to see whichever of the kids could be brought in at the allotted time. The first time she talked back to a worker, threatened a shelter employee, cussed in front of her kids, didn't get a job, ANY LITTLE THING, all 12 of the minor kids would have no longer been her children, legally speaking. Going to jail for contempt would have really done it.

She is so lucky to have had them for as long as she did. To have had all the help she did. To have been allowed the slack that she was given is just insane. And then, she has the nerve to act like they all need to leave her alone? Yeah, I'm no fan of CPS, and yes, 9 times out of 10, they do make it damn near impossible for a family to function. But this time, they weren't the problem, she was.

There are many many people like this person, who believe that its the role of our government (i.e. us tax payers) to solve all of their self made problems.

Looking into the eyes of her children, it so sad - so many babies taking care of babies. They are children who had no control in the fact that they were born to selfish, lazy parents.

I was happy to hear they are now doing well in another environment.

Somebody needs to be held accountable for all of her and Garry's suffering???? at the 2:18 mark.

Seriously lady? I have zero sympathy for this woman. Those poor kids. With parents like this, I really pray for them. I pray they reach adulthood with some sort of clue how not to repeat this pattern. Its too late for the parents. They feel entitled and always will. They world owes it to them to care for them. I can only pray at least some of those children grow up to have some sense of pride, ambition and self sufficiency. God help them.

So , the the father of ten of the children ,was supporting her and the kids. He was arrested because somehow he could still afford cocaine and she is saying she was fine until they arrested him and now it is the states fault for arresting him?? That is her position on this ? That the state should shut up an pay because they started this mess in the first place? Twisted aint she??

All kidding aside , asking if she was pregnant in court because they suspected she might have had sex in front of the children was out of line. She could of had sex in a car outside or in the backyard of 2 bedroom apartment. Her being pregnant would not have made that point of case for them.So unless the children said they saw it the court has no right to presume she has done so. JMO. So in not answering the question she was using her 5th amendment right. How can the lock her up for that when according to the reporter the goal of the question was specific?

The father who is in prison needs to be held accountable as well as her.

What, does he think he can just escape his obligations?

Angel Adams is a real difficult person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back