Dr. Keith Ablow on Websleuths Radio Dec. 4th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dr. Keith Ablow author of, "Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony" will be on Websleuths Radio tonight 8 PM Eastern.

Listen HERE

I will have some good questions for the Dr. but I need your help. Please post what you would like to ask him on this thread and I'll do my best to ask him for you.

Thanks,
Tricia

I know many of you have strong opinions about Dr. Ablow's book. He is not afraid to take the tough questions as long as we are polite so don't be afraid to post your question.

What does the Dr. believe was behind the "family dynamics" of the extended family in Texas that said they would "come out with the truth" after the trial - and how did that fit into the CA/FCA/SP relationship. (assuming he is familiar with the details of such)

I would like to ask Dr Ablow what is the purpose of his book. Is it to make excuses for Casey to try to remove blame as everyone with a microphone in America seems to do? Or is it to explain why she did it? They are two very differant aims, and to me make a huge difference to the context of the book.I haven't read the book so apologies if this has been addressed.

I read the book cover to cover. A couple of comments and questions.

His diagnosis of Casey suffering "psychological death" because Cindy was a monster control freak and George was a wimp who would not protect seems to be a wide blanket excuse for Casey.

1) Does he really excuse her actions as he seems to do in his book because of her psychological death?

Jeff Ashton feels George's suicide letter was honest and real. Dr. Ablow and several other professionals he questioned, have said grandparents never commit suicide over the death of a grandchild.

1) What does he feel the purpose and intent of the suicide letter was?

Thanks.

I want to know if he thinks this trial will effect other murder cases going to trial? I had complete confidence in our system until this trial. Now coming up in April, my brother & his wife's murder will be put to the test. My confidence is wavering...

From all appearances I saw and read regarding the interactions OCA had with her family, it was apparent they walked on eggshells around her and that OCA was the monster in their midst. OCA was a master manipulator and most seemed to be in control of the family and Cindy worked more at damage control to the family for some kind of stability while catering absolutely to OCA.

This is almost the complete opposite to his theories and I would be interested in his thoughts.

Also OCA seems to fit the profile of a sociopath. His thoughts?

Also, how on point does Dr. Ablow feels his summaries are without ever meeting any of the primary candidates in the family?

And yes, I am a complete non-believer in his theories.

How does he reconcile the fact that as a professional, he should not be "diagnosing" people he hasn't met with?

I have not read his book only excerpts and interviews with him.I completely agree with his assessment of Casey so far.I would like to ask him if he thinks there is any way Casey can get better? I think the situation that she is in now is worse than any prison time she could have received.The girl who was never allowed to develop a "self" now literally has to hide.Does he think Casey will re-offend?How is a person like that going to deal with her anger?

Thank you for your questions.

If you could remember to please spell out a person's full name and not use initials I would appreciate it.

Thank you. Keep 'em coming.

Thank you for your questions.

If you could remember to please spell out a person's full name and not use initials I would appreciate it.

Thank you. Keep 'em coming.

Let me try to help clarify those that have already posted their questions -

What does the Dr. believe was behind the "family dynamics" of the extended family in Texas that said they would "come out with the truth" after the trial - and how did that fit into the CA/FCA/SP relationship. (assuming he is familiar with the details of such)

CA = Cindy Anthony
FCA = Casey Anthony
SP = Shirley Pleasa (Cindy's mother & Casey's maternal grandmother)

References to OCA also = Casey. (The probation office refers to her as Offender Casey Anthony)

let me try to help clarify those that have already posted their questions -

ca = cindy anthony
fca = casey anthony
sp = shirley pleasa (cindy's mother & casey's maternal grandmother)

references to oca also = casey. (the probation office refers to her as offender casey anthony)

thank you.

The chat room is OPEN!

To get to the radio site, follow the link on my signature line.

I'm off to get ready for the show! See you all there! :seeya:

Listening to Dr A now.

If Casey is the sum total of her family members' past, then it follows (or unless I am missing something) that she is a 'victim' of other's bad choices and thus not accountable herself (as Dr A claims she is.) If she is an 'empty shell' and a 'ghost' then the poor girl (barf) just can't help herself.

So which is it: Is she a victim, being a passive recipient of her past ancestors, or is she responsible for her actions? You really can't have it both ways.

This is just gossip and innuendo, disguised as respectable 'science.' IMO

I need a biting your tongue off smilie.....NOW.

Sorry, just had to stop listening. We have had 26 murders in our town this year. I am sure that each one of those murderers has an excuse because of their childhood. But somehow this girl gets a pass.

This guy is all about controversy. Period. No better than a tabloid, imo.

Who ever said it in the chat is right.. he is an Ablow.

as in every body has one.... sorry mods.

My first thought was, "It's a good thing LG didn't sign in to listen!" :hot:

On second thought, she probably would have enjoyed a great LAUGH! lolol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members