GUILTY MS - Amanda Price, 31, murdered at her New Albany home, 5 Dec 2011

JoeFromLB

Reaction score

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 84
I hate being such a cynic...wife killed, husband only injured and expected to recover. Will apologize now for my bad thoughts...:(

http://nems360.com/bookmark/16662458

“It appears that she may have gone outside with their dog and startled someone in their backyard,” Grisham said. “She began to scream and someone shot her.”

New Albany Police Chief David Grisham said there were reports of three car burglaries near the area of the Prices' home Monday night. No motive has been released in this shooting at this time. Authorities are continuing the investigation.

It seems odd that a masked burglar would feel it necessary to gun down a housewife instead of simply turning and running away. She certainly wouldn't have been able to identify him.

From MagnoliaMom's first link:

At least one light in the house was on. The man in the uniform carried a large brown box and put it in the truck.

Probably the home computers.

I wonder how long it will take for a mistress to appear in the story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070937/Amanda-Price-murder-Police-search-masked--shot-New-Albany-coachs-wife.html

Neighbors call them "the perfect couple". Uh oh.....
Why would a startled "burglar" stick around long enough to shoot the husband?

i read this story this morning and didn't think anything about it til i came here.....i'm slow

---
The Prices "had a very strong Christian family," Garrett said. "Probably one of the most consistently heard comments about Amanda is what a wonderful Christian role model she was for the girls in the district. She's always had a peace about her. That's because she had a lot of faith."
---
Jackson Clarion-Ledger
I hope her faith in people wasn't misplaced. Whatever the case, I hope she gets justice.

Most press says she was shot in the chest. One said it was in the back. This has LE saying she was shot in the doorway.

"She was shot, probably standing in the doorway, appeared to be, and fell back into the house," Grisham said.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/16211835/few-clues-in-shooting-death-of-football-coachs-wife

So the husband was shot in the shoulder while helping his wife. The shooter supposedly just walked away. It was a small caliber gun.

http://www.wreg.com/news/mississippinewsroom/wreg-priceshooting6-120611,0,1758274.story

Detectives say about 10 pm Monday night, Amanda Price walked out the back door of their home to let the dog out. Seconds later her husband heard screams and ran out to help her. He found her shot in the chest before taking a bullet himself in the shoulder and falling through a glass door.

Friends say he's cut up pretty bad and is putting off surgery to care for his three year old daughter while waiting on word on who shot him and killed his wife, and their little girl's mother.

Wanted to add this one since it mentions about the door.

Putting off surgery to care for his three year old? If he is well enough to care for the child, he must not be hurt very badly. Any surgery he needs would probably not keep him away from his daughter for any extended period of time. :waitasec: I wonder if the three year old knows something that Daddy doesn't want her to tell.

MOO

Wonder if the bullet went in from the front or the back of his shoulder.

FWIW, I personally don't see a problem, necessarily, of the coach putting off surgery to care for his 3 yo daughter. We have to realize that IF this was as it seems, a crime against the couple, he's devastated on loosing his wife and may tend to cling to his child. He may fear something will happen to her. I believe it's a natural reaction. He knows he is now all the family she has.

OTOH, I am curious if it was raining that night. One commentor on the above news article said something about rain. I looked it up in the weather underground and it said 00.0 rainfall, but on the other hand, it said Rain and/or melted snow reported during the day.

Of course we live in So Calif., but it's been my mind set that when it's raining there are fewer car break ins and such.

I guess as Websleuthers, we're kind of hardened when it comes to POSSIBLE domestic issues. We have to have every single detail explainable, before we believe the spouse had nothing to do with the demise of their loved one. Even on the pages here on Websleuths, we've seen a number of spouses caught for murdering their spouse that had PREVIOUS relationships end in similar manner. :(

I pray for this child's sake her dad is as wonderful as he's been portrayed by the friends and neighbors and everybody who knew them.

What a shame. I hope LE finds out what exactly happened and the correct perp is punished.

May this poor woman RIP.

JMHO
fran

http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/MS/New Albany/2011-12-05

On one of the local reports there were comments from people saying that there was a rain storm at the time of the murder.

An armed masked bandit in the back yard in a rain storm. Curiouser and curiouser.

Plus most people wait until storm passes to let the dog out. I have had dogs that will not go out the door if it is raining.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back