KKK Costume Wins First Prize -- And A Suspension

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- A high school student's costume garnered a top prize -- and a five-day suspension -- at the school's Halloween masquerade party.

The Ku Klux Klansman getup took the prize for the scariest costume at the City High School dance attended by the principal, assistant principal and other staff members.

Superintendent Bert Bleke said he agreed with the school's decision to suspend the student but wanted to know why adults at the party failed to stop the senior, who was wearing a white-hooded outfit, from entering, much less winning a prize.

"There are a number of questions I have and don't yet have answers to," Bleke said.

Full Story

Casshew said:
Superintendent Bert Bleke said he agreed with the school's decision to suspend the student but wanted to know why adults at the party failed to stop the senior, who was wearing a white-hooded outfit, from entering, much less winning a prize.
Cause it was a joke. I can guarantee there is nothing in our High School's dress code that says you cannot dress up as a KKK member for Halloween (doesn't specify for any other day either, BTW)

Might be me, but Halloween is SUPPOSED to be scary.You can give the KKK power by being offended by it, or you can make it the butt of jokes.

Someone should have just told the kid that is was unacceptable for the party, for whatever reason, and left it at that.

Our dress code gets around that issue by making a blanket statement:

No offensive clothing or attire may be worn. Who decides what's offensive? The principal, of course. Problem is...the same article of slothing may be perfectly fine for one student, while being NOT acceptable if another student chooses to wear it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back