CA - Robby Ross, 19, dies in botched Richmond home invasion, 7 Dec 2011

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
Once again, armed citizens protect their own. Crime is out of control.

"A 19-year-old Richmond man was killed and another man wounded Wednesday night in a shooting that occurred during a botched home invasion robbery, a police lieutenant said.

A resident of the 400 block of South 35th Street shot both men after they attempted to rob the home shortly after 6 p.m. Wednesday, Lt. Bisa French said.

“The resident fought back and ended up shooting them,” she said."

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/12/08/richmond-teen-killed-during-alleged-home-invasion-attempt/

They found the guy who was later pronounced dead around the corner from the home?
It was turned in by the city's Spotshotter gunshot detection system and not by the homeowner? I'd like to see a little more on this.

Yeah, but Richmond is a high crime type of area...so I bet the local police know what's up. I bet there are a lot of guns for home protection there.

Im certain this will turn into a gun control debate, but here is my two cents anyhow. If it were my home, and I felt like my children were in danger I would have done the same thing. Where I live, people dont shoot to injure, they shoot to kill. The standing rule here is, never shoot anything you dont mean to kill immediately. I cant imagine being in the postion to defend my children with a gun, but it can happen. it does happen everyday. I honestly dont think I would hesitate if it were a " bad guy or my children" situation. I would most likely have pause if it were a "bad guy or me". The way I see it is this, nobody breaking in to my home while we are there has good intentions. I wont be mistakingly killing an innocent person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back