?A Scottish Misunderstanding...

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
.... What do you think? There are profanities at the link
[video=youtube;eKKADFIEX84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKKADFIEX84[/video]

Here's the latest Daily Mail headline, with the story of Big Man and the Scofflaw:

Police investigate 'assault' on foul-mouthed student who was thrown off train by 'big man' passenger
• 'Fare dodger' Sam Main, 19, comes forward to defend himself, saying he did have the right ticket and was 'manhandled' by 'big man' Alan Pollock
• Student's family lodges a complaint with British Transport Police
• Police say they are investigating
in its entirety, with many pics, at link above

Yes, he was manhandled, and rightfully so; not sure what the legal proprieties of the case will be, however.

I think Scotland should have transit police who are called in such cases. Depending on larger members of the public can only lead to more severe injuries.

(BTW, the kid is full of it. Only after the fact does he tell the press that he bought single-trip tickets for both ways, but wasn't given the right ticket for the return home. He now claims he meant to explain the error to the conductor, but he obviously doesn't attempt to do so in the video. He ended up taking a cab and later claims he was willing to buy another train ticket, but there again, he doesn't offer to do so in the video. In the video he merely claims his wrong-way ticket was in fact correct.)

This video does not surprise me. Anyone with an attitude problem knows they can get into a situation like this with a member of staff (the train staff being examples) and what are the staff going to do? They can't put their hands on them, so they put the pressure on the public (I can stay here all night, i'm getting paid, its the people here that are going to get annoyed....not exact words but paraphrasing) to do the job for them. I am quite annoyed this *big man* was forced into this position, both by the idiot who started the whole thing (kid without a ticket), and by the rail staff/company by their *make the public sort it out* tactics.

I agree that kid was full of it. By the time the video started the train was already at a stop with the doors open and the discussions between the staff and kid have clearly been going on for at least a few minutes beforehand. This was just the end of the situation.

I hate wee kids like this. Chip on their shoulders, all mouth and no trousers and not enough brains to back up those mouths either. A lot of places with *problem teenagers* (not any specific type or genre, just any kid that think the world owes them everything) here have a nifty trick: They play classical music on speakers outside their establishments, and that actually works. the kids move on. Mon' the Bach.

This video does not surprise me. Anyone with an attitude problem knows they can get into a situation like this with a member of staff (the train staff being examples) and what are the staff going to do? They can't put their hands on them, so they put the pressure on the public (I can stay here all night, i'm getting paid, its the people here that are going to get annoyed....not exact words but paraphrasing) to do the job for them. I am quite annoyed this *big man* was forced into this position, both by the idiot who started the whole thing (kid without a ticket), and by the rail staff/company by their *make the public sort it out* tactics.

I agree that kid was full of it. By the time the video started the train was already at a stop with the doors open and the discussions between the staff and kid have clearly been going on for at least a few minutes beforehand. This was just the end of the situation.

I hate wee kids like this. Chip on their shoulders, all mouth and no trousers and not enough brains to back up those mouths either. A lot of places with *problem teenagers* (not any specific type or genre, just any kid that think the world owes them everything) here have a nifty trick: They play classical music on speakers outside their establishments, and that actually works. the kids move on. Mon' the Bach.

ITA CCS!!!
And can I just say-I could listen to the Scots talk all night!! I got such a kick reading the comments on the DM-no mincing words or opinions there! Happy Holidays!!:seeya:

Of course, you know the Irish are wondering what the fuss is all about:

"Got pissed and tossed off the train on 'is face? Why that's just a regular Tuesday night out in Dublin!"

that was brilliant

kid's a whiner ... and a fraud

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member