To comply with polling rules, woman strips down to bra to cast vote

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Debbie Dupeire was so intent on helping to re-elect the president Tuesday that she shucked her Bush-Cheney T-shirt and voted in her bra after being told that state election law prohibits displaying a candidate's name in a polling place.

"I really thought it was OK to wear my shirt. I didn't go there to cause trouble," said the 38-year-old makeup artist from Jefferson.

Dupeire said she was worried that she would lose the chance to vote if she left to change her shirt after signing the voter's book; the commissioner in the busy polling place might not remember her, or might be away from the booth on break when she returned.

So Dupeire pulled off the offending red-white-and-blue shirt and marched into the booth at Deckbar Elementary School clad in her white sports bra, exercise pants and flip-flops.

Full Story

Casshew said:
Debbie Dupeire was so intent on helping to re-elect the president Tuesday that she shucked her Bush-Cheney T-shirt and voted in her bra after being told that state election law prohibits displaying a candidate's name in a polling place.

"I really thought it was OK to wear my shirt. I didn't go there to cause trouble," said the 38-year-old makeup artist from Jefferson.

Dupeire said she was worried that she would lose the chance to vote if she left to change her shirt after signing the voter's book; the commissioner in the busy polling place might not remember her, or might be away from the booth on break when she returned.

So Dupeire pulled off the offending red-white-and-blue shirt and marched into the booth at Deckbar Elementary School clad in her white sports bra, exercise pants and flip-flops.

Full Story
You go girl!

I don't care if she votes Democratic or Republican, how can I change my voter registration to her precinct?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back