UT UT - Millard Co, Sevier Lake, WhtMale 40-60, UP9718, ski cap w/"Cal Golden Bears", clothing, Dec'11

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Police recover partially decomposed male body from Utah desert

DELTA, Utah—
Police recovered a partially decomposed body in the desert west of Delta Saturday morning.

The Millard County Sheriff's Office said in a news release sent out Sunday that they'd received a tip from a geologist working for a company extracting saying there was a dead body located partially in the water on the south end of Sevier Dry Lake on Friday. Investigators found a partially decomposed--skeletal and mummified--body early on Saturday morning.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-b...ody-from-utah-desert-20111218,0,5303977.story

I don't remember if he was a soldier. He went missing the same week as Susan 2 years ago and ther was speculation once that there was a connection (rumor) or did he see something? as in being a victim?
Very interested if this is him.
Blessings to whoever the victims family is, atleast they will have closure.

Hi....I have followed Steven Koecher who went missing two years ago from Henderson, NV. He is the person that some tried to associate with SP but LE has found no association. Steven was 30 and had moved from SLC area down to St. George, Utah before going missing in NV.

Hi....I have followed Steven Koecher who went missing two years ago from Henderson, NV. He is the person that some tried to associate with SP but LE has found no association. Steven was 30 and had moved from SLC area down to St. George, Utah before going missing in NV.

Millard County, Utah borders Nevada. Highway 50 connects it with Ely and then all the way west to Lake Tahoe and California. It sounds like (from the article in the first post) the man was really far from any roadway.

Officials are calling the death suspicious, saying it was found off the beaten path; there were no roads and it would have been difficult to reach. However, there was no sign of trauma on the body.

It does not sound like a place with handy bus stops nearby so there should be an associated vehicle abandoned somewhere close if he got there on his own and wasn't dumped.

They searched for Susan just west of Delta in Ely, NV and then again just south of Simpson Springs, UT where JP said he went camping.

Possible JP or Steven passed along Delta, imo. Steven had been in N Utah from St George's the week prior to his disappearance.

ETA: They are saying a male in his 40's or 50's. Steven was just 30.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9718

Case Information
Status Unidentified
Case number 201102030
Date found December 16, 2011 00:00
Date created December 28, 2011 13:08
Date last modified January 15, 2012 11:24
Date QA reviewed December 29, 2011 05:02
Local Medical Examiner/Coroner Contact
There is currently no local contact for this case.
Case Manager
Name Morris Burton
Email mburton@co.millard.ut.us
Demographics
Estimated age Adult - Pre 60
Minimum age 40 years
Maximum age 60 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) , Cannot Estimate

Probable year of death to 2011
Estimated postmortem interval Years
Circumstances
Location Found
GPS coordinates
Address 1 South shore of Sevier Lake
Address 2 50.5 miles southwest of Delta
City
State Utah
Zip code
County Millard
Circumstances of death
Geologists working on a drilling rig found the decedent on the shore of Sevier Lake in a very remote part of Millard county. How long the decedent has been dead is difficult to determine due to the unique environment he was found in. He could have been dead before the summer of 2011 or up to 15 years. The height range is 66 inches to 71 inches tall.

Short hair was attached to the cranium. The color was unable to be determined due to bleaching by postmortem environment.

Hair was attached to the jaw and maxilla (suggesting a beard and mustache.) Color was unable to be determined due to bleaching by postmortem environment.

Skeletal findings
Healed broken nose (left side).
Right ribs 6-7 have healed fractures at midshaft.
Severe vertebral osteoarthritis on the articular facets and bodies.
Right wrist has moderate to severe arthritis.
Mild to moderate arthritis in all joints.

The hands were sent to the Utah Crime Lab for rehydration and fingerprint extraction.

Red shirt (size 26/28, no logo, button down with collar, "Stretch" brand label.
Black ski cap ("Cal" written on front, "Golden Bears" written on back).
Black hoodie (XL, no logo, "Club Athlete" brand label).
Black sweatshirt (XL, no logo, "Fruit of the Loom" brand label.)
Pants (36X32, "Black Label" brand label, color degraded.)
Gray hoodie (zipper in front, XXXL, "Fruit of the Loom" brand label.)
Belt (color degraded.)

# 5 area the root of primary tooth "B" is retained. tooth #14 fractured with roots remaining.
Decedent had severe periodontal disease. Class II Division 2 occlusion.
See Document/Images section for dental chart and NCIC dental report and worksheet.

Images of clothing in the Namus file

It does not sound like a place with handy bus stops nearby so there should be an associated vehicle abandoned somewhere close if he got there on his own and wasn't dumped.

Well, now not so fast. Don't know what they do in Nevada or Utah, but if someone is missing and they leave their car in the Forest Service parking lot in New Mexico, they apparently just tow it.

http://news.yahoo.com/missing-hiker-found-cat-mexico-forest-200958098.html

"It looks to me like somebody dropped the ball on this one," Matulich told the Silver City Sun-News. "Why'd they tow the truck? Who towed the truck?"

Unbelievable...

Looks like the case is still active on NamUs. Last updated 2014, though. Perhaps it’s time to reach out to them about DNA Doe Project?

I started my search for PMs based on the UC-Berkeley "Cal""Golden Bears" ski cap. I figured it could be a clue to where John Doe came from. I eventually found Bob Mino's profiles. Bob left Hayward, CA in Apr 2000 (JD's PMI: summer of 2011 or up to 15 years) on his way to Hurricane, UT. Hayward is about 30 mins south of UC-Berkeley. I mapped the route from Hayward (LKL) with a stop off in Vegas (tires purchased) then on to Hurricane, UT (gas purchased) then up to Sevier Lake. It's about 13.5 hrs. He was reportedly planning to go to Hurricane, so imo, it's not really the total drive time that matters here as much as the drive time from Hurricane to Sevier Lake (southern end) which is about 2 hours up UT-257.

According to DoeNetwork, Bob's vehicle was later found in a "very remote area of Utah". Where exactly? Was his vehicle located anywhere near Sevier Lake? Was it somewhere between Sevier Lake and Hurricane? I wish we had more info on where that vehicle was located. According to the linked article discussing JD's discovery, "Officials are calling [JD's] death suspicious, saying it was found off the beaten path. There were no roads and it would have been difficult to reach. ..."This is completely off any beaten path. If you pull up Google Earth and our west desert and go to the south end of our lake, that's where this thing occured. There aren't any good roads to it. We had to use mules and snowcats to get to it," said Dekker.

Could these be Bob's remains? Who did Bob know or meet while in Utah and are they from or familiar with the Sevier Lake area?

robert_gordofredo_mino_1.jpg
4623DMCA.jpg

The Doe Network: Robert Godofredo Mino 4623DMCA
Bob left Hayward, California to travel to Utah for a sightseeing vacation. His credit card was last used on April 7, 2000 in Hurricane, Utah to purchase fuel, but has not been used since. He also purchased off-road tires in Las Vegas, Nevada. He vehicle, described as a moch colored 1996 Ford Explorer, was located approximately three months after his disappearance in a very remote area of Utah. His wallet, food, and a firearm were still inside the vehicle. Cliffs in the area are very treacherous and inaccessible. Although there were extensive searches of the area, Bob`s whereabouts remain unknown.

Robert Gordofredo Mino – The Charley Project **CharleyProject has a slightly different version which states that his vehicle has never been found.**
Mino departed from his residence in Hayward, California on April 1, 2000 to vacation in Utah. He was driving his mocha-colored 1996 Ford Explorer with California vanity license plates reading BOB MINO at the time.

Mino's credit card was used to purchase gas in Hurricane, Utah, about 700 miles east of Hayward, on April 7. There has been no activity on his financial accounts since that time. Mino's vehicle has never been located and he has never been heard from again. California authorities are handling the investigation.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) **and the good 'ole NamUs version**:D
Circumstances of Disappearance - Robert was last seen in Hayward, CA on 04/01/2000.

I started my search for PMs based on the UC-Berkeley "Cal""Golden Bears" ski cap. I figured it could be a clue to where John Doe came from. I eventually found Bob Mino's profiles. Bob left Hayward, CA in Apr 2000 (JD's PMI: summer of 2011 or up to 15 years) on his way to Hurricane, UT. Hayward is about 30 mins south of UC-Berkeley. I mapped the route from Hayward (LKL) with a stop off in Vegas (tires purchased) then on to Hurricane, UT (gas purchased) then up to Sevier Lake. It's about 13.5 hrs. He was reportedly planning to go to Hurricane, so imo, it's not really the total drive time that matters here as much as the drive time from Hurricane to Sevier Lake (southern end) which is about 2 hours up UT-257.

According to DoeNetwork, Bob's vehicle was later found in a "very remote area of Utah". Where exactly? Was his vehicle located anywhere near Sevier Lake? Was it somewhere between Sevier Lake and Hurricane? I wish we had more info on where that vehicle was located. According to the linked article discussing JD's discovery, "Officials are calling [JD's] death suspicious, saying it was found off the beaten path. There were no roads and it would have been difficult to reach. ..."This is completely off any beaten path. If you pull up Google Earth and our west desert and go to the south end of our lake, that's where this thing occured. There aren't any good roads to it. We had to use mules and snowcats to get to it," said Dekker.

Could these be Bob's remains? Who did Bob know or meet while in Utah and are they from or familiar with the Sevier Lake area?

robert_gordofredo_mino_1.jpg
4623DMCA.jpg

The Doe Network: Robert Godofredo Mino 4623DMCA
Bob left Hayward, California to travel to Utah for a sightseeing vacation. His credit card was last used on April 7, 2000 in Hurricane, Utah to purchase fuel, but has not been used since. He also purchased off-road tires in Las Vegas, Nevada. He vehicle, described as a moch colored 1996 Ford Explorer, was located approximately three months after his disappearance in a very remote area of Utah. His wallet, food, and a firearm were still inside the vehicle. Cliffs in the area are very treacherous and inaccessible. Although there were extensive searches of the area, Bob`s whereabouts remain unknown.

Robert Gordofredo Mino – The Charley Project **CharleyProject has a slightly different version which states that his vehicle has never been found.**
Mino departed from his residence in Hayward, California on April 1, 2000 to vacation in Utah. He was driving his mocha-colored 1996 Ford Explorer with California vanity license plates reading BOB MINO at the time.

Mino's credit card was used to purchase gas in Hurricane, Utah, about 700 miles east of Hayward, on April 7. There has been no activity on his financial accounts since that time. Mino's vehicle has never been located and he has never been heard from again. California authorities are handling the investigation.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) **and the good 'ole NamUs version**:D
Circumstances of Disappearance - Robert was last seen in Hayward, CA on 04/01/2000.
I think he could be a definite possibility even the height is estimated the same you should turn that one in for further investigation for sure.

Just curious. Did Robert Mino get submitted? There's still just the two names on the exclusions list at NamUs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back