IL - Man posts photos of daughter duct taped

That was exactly what I said when I read the caption. My gosh. No way was this "playing." That kid doesn't look like she's playing. Please tell me this baby and any other child in that house are going to be removed from his custody. Permanently!

"This is what happens when my baby hits me back..."

So he hits her... then she hits him BACK and gets duct taped?

Am I gathering that correctly?

What does duct taping her mouth have to do with her hitting him?

You "hit" with your hands...

A friend of Curry's insisted Curry was "being playful with his child; people play with their child differently," reports the Smoking Gun.

If that's playing he shouldn't be allowed to play any more with any more children. :furious:
He might waterboard the next one.

waitasec: It's awfully helpful and considerate of child abusers to post the proof on Facebook

God in heaven! Yeah, you wouldn't want a child to fight back, would you?

And he was so proud of himself to post that on FB. :maddening: He should lose custody NOW.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/2...over-facebook-image-daughter-bound-with-duct/

Andre Curry faces one count of aggravated domestic battery. He was arrested on Tuesday after he allegedly used purple painter's tape to bind his daughter.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

A 21-year-old man was charged Tuesday with aggravated domestic battery after he posted a photo of his one-year-old daughter bound in duct tape on Facebook & wrote, “This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back. ; ).” under the photo.

http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/9...ter-facebook-photo-of-girl-bound-in-tape.html

Straight out of the KC anthony play book of parenting. Despicable

type/delete/type/delete/type/delete/type/delete

I got nuttin' (appropriate)

He's not the only brainiac to get the same bright idea: Frankie and Kayla Almuina were charged for two counts of child abuse for doing the same stunt. LE says the photos depict their children in terror.

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - Two northern Arizona parents have been arrested after photos of their children allegedly being abused were posted on Facebook.

Wednesday night, a Facebook viewer anonymously called the AZ Child Abuse Hotline.

The caller reported seeing two young children, ages 2 years and 10 months, in Facebook photos. The children had been bound with duct tape around their wrists and ankles.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...ted-after-kids-bound-photos-posted-12-29-2011

Is this the new planking? I hope this doesn't become a Facebook fad.

I'm glad these cases are getting pounced on-- first by witnesses, then by LE. This needs to be stopped before it catches on.

Another Anthony gift to the world... :furious:

they should show his pic on TV with the caption-This is what happens to you when you tape up a child and slap the cell door!!!!

Just as an aside, how does 22 months old equate to 1 year?

In any case, *she* was playing with the duct tape and he bound her so he could have a little fun.

Dad is 21 going on 7...

Just as an aside, how does 22 months old equate to 1 year?

In any case, *she* was playing with the duct tape and he bound her so he could have a little fun.

Dad is 21 going on 7...

Maybe she's still considered 1 because she has not yet turned 2? I know we usually describe children of this age in months, but apparently not everyone does. JMHO

The Court is not laughing!

CHICAGO -- A Chicago man accused of posting a photo on Facebook of his young daughter bound to a chair with tape over her mouth has been indicted on several felony charges, a prosecutor's office official said Monday.

A grand jury last week indicted 21-year-old Andre Curry on felony counts of aggravated domestic battery, aggravated battery and unlawful restraint, said Andy Conklin, a spokesman for the Cook County State's Attorney's office. The indictment was handed down last week but only announced on Monday.

Torrey Barrett, who identified himself as Curry's pastor, reiterated what Curry's family members have been saying since his arrest: That he posted the photograph as a joke and was not trying to harm the child.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/09/andre-curry-indicted-dad-_n_1195678.html?ref=chicago

Barrett is trying to get Curry's bail dropped to $1,000. so he can be freed and warn other young people about the consequences of what he called a "stupid mistake."

So NOT funny!

Why cover her mouth? When I saw the photo, it was clear he was not playing. I'm glad the court felt the same way.

Whenever I see this thread, I feel a twinge of guilt. When my son was quite young ... don't remember the exact age, he came across some duct tape that I had left lying around. He decided to tape himself up, wrapping the tape around his feet and so on. I thought this was really quite funny. If I had taken a photo and posted it online, I wonder what others would have thought. I mentioned this duct taping news to my son the other day and he remembers duct taping himself ... he too has wondered what would have happened to me if others had seen him duct taped. I seem to recall that he wanted me to duct tape his mouth too ... I think he wanted to see what it felt like, and he may have seen this on a TV program ... not sure where the idea came from.

This son of mine also thought it would be cool to go down the laundry chute, where he got stuck and was in dire need of assistance ... and many other pranks. One day he was in the back yard hiding in a box. When I looked for him and couldn't find him, I called out. He remained completely silent while I panicked running up and down the street shouting for him. He has quite a sense of humor today still. Sometimes children come up with the oddest ideas ... some of which are difficult to believe.

Per his own spokesperson:

Torrey Barrett, who identified himself as Curry's pastor, reiterated what Curry's family members have been saying since his arrest: That he posted the photograph as a joke and was not trying to harm the child.

I am reading this to be that he duct taped the child. As a joke. But wasnt trying to harm her.

Pretty tough to duct tape your own mouth, wrists and feet in that fashion as a one year old. Even as a two year old. How did she cut the duct tape to fit her mouth? How did she get it around her wrists?? She did a pretty good job of taping herself palms in and ankles crossed. It is pretty clear that he duct taped her.

Just sayin.

The father accused of posting a photo of his 1-year-old daughter bound in painters tape to Facebook walked out of the Cook County Jail Friday night, hours after a judge significantly reduced his bond.

Judge Lawrence Flood reduced Curry's bond to $30,000 from the original $100,000 set last month after conferring with the Department of Children and Family Services. Curry has pleaded not guilty to aggravated domestic battery and unlawful restraint charges.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Man-Accused-of-Binding-Daughter-Back-in-Court-138192699.html

Family still insists it was just a little joke.

facebook-girl-bound.jpg

Yeah, I see it now. It was all a misunderstanding. Misconstrued even! See the baby laughing and enjoying being bound? :banghead: :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back