Two-headed baby boy born live, healthy, in Brazil

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Brazilian baby 'born healthy with two heads... and both are suckling mother's breasts' (Daily Mail)
---
Maria de Nazare gave birth by caesarean at a hospital in Anajas, in Brazil's northern Para state, with her
newborn weighing 9.9lbs.

And in a tribute to the religious celebrations at Christmas, she has decided to call the pair Emanoel and Jesus.
---
[F]ollowing a number of tests, doctors have revealed that the baby has two brains and two spines but shares one heart, lungs, liver and pelvis.
---
So...what's the future hold for this child??

Neila Dahas, director of the Santa Casa hospital said: 'If both their brains are functioning, how are we going to choose which head to remove?

'We are not considering the possibility of surgery. What we've got to think about at this moment is to maintain the children in good condition and see how they will develop.'
---
Remarkably, this is the second time a two-headed baby has been born in Brazil this year. Sueli Ferreira, 27, gave birth to a two-headed baby in Paraiba State, but it died a few hours later because of lack of oxygen to one of the child's heads.
much more, including picture of the baby, at link above

http://curiousphotos.blogspot.com/2007/11/two-headed-girl.html#
http://www.momlogic.com/2008/08/2headed_girl_inspires.php

These links are related to the Hensel twins from MN. Beautiful! I believe their physical makeup is similar to the these twins mentioned here.

I pray these Brazilian twins fare as well!

From the second link above:

Two Minnesota girls blow that theory out of the water. Abigail and Brittany Hensel share one body--when most teen girls can't even share clothes without a meltdown. Born in 1990 Abby and Brittany had only a 1 in 30 million chance of surviving the first 24 hours. The girls have grown up to be healthy--and the only thing that isn't "normal" about them is how unbelievably well-adjusted they are.

The two-headed boy is, in reality, conjoined twins who share a single body. The condition is known as dicephalic parapagus - an extremely unusual form of conjoinment.

Because they share the same body, it is not possible to separate dicephalic parapagus twins.

The birth of such twins is extremely rare in south-west Asia and Africa.

However, there have been instances of dicephalic parapagus twins in the West.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...apagus-twins-Emanoel-Jesus.html#ixzz1hCD7cvUj

I wonder why it's more common in the West. Is there something environmental that causes this?

In any case they're sure to be more likely to survive childbirth in areas with access to good prenatal/ perinatal care.

Not doubting the story - yet - but the name given for the mother, Maria de Nazare, can be translated "Mary of Nazareth"....and this is Christmastime. And the infant(s) are called Emanoel and Jesus. A bit convenient, perhaps? just coincidence?

Not doubting the story - yet - but the name given for the mother, Maria de Nazare, can be translated "Mary of Nazareth"....and this is Christmastime. And the infant(s) are called Emanoel and Jesus. A bit convenient, perhaps? just coincidence?

I missed being born on Christmas day by an hour and forty mins. My 2nd oldest brother was born within days of Christmas of that year. Mary and a Joseph. Actually, on both sides of our family, there are enough biblical names to write our own biblical saga LOL

Is it possible this is a Catholic/religious issue, as in our family, rather than a fraudulent story? Throw in the Christmas timing of the births/birth (not sure how to word that) and the names make sense?

Just some thoughts on this :)

I missed being born on Christmas day by an hour and forty mins. My 2nd oldest brother was born within days of Christmas of that year. Mary and a Joseph. Actually, on both sides of our family, there are enough biblical names to write our own biblical saga LOL

Is it possible this is a Catholic/religious issue, as in our family, rather than a fraudulent story? Throw in the Christmas timing of the births/birth (not sure how to word that) and the names make sense?

Just some thoughts on this :)

Yes, agreed. As given names the Emanoel and Jesus make perfect sense considering the season. No problem at all with those. But the mother just happens to be named "Maria de Nazare"? That's a bit too much of a coincidence, especially given the season, for some.

(But it also might be that the mother's actual name hasn't been given to media yet, and that some clever sort at Daily Mail decided that, rather than leave her unnamed, "Maria de Nazare" would be a good one!)

Yes! They very well could be protecting the mother's privacy.

I hope no one would create a fake story using such beautiful baby boys to do their dirty work. At first glance, the picture doesn't appear to be fake.

Yes, agreed. As given names the Emanoel and Jesus make perfect sense considering the season. No problem at all with those. But the mother just happens to be named "Maria de Nazare"? That's a bit too much of a coincidence, especially given the season, for some.

(But it also might be that the mother's actual name hasn't been given to media yet, and that some clever sort at Daily Mail decided that, rather than leave her unnamed, "Maria de Nazare" would be a good one!)

Just bouncing off this post ..

This story makes me want to vomit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3