TX TX - FARYION WARDRIP Wichita Falls, 1983-1986

JeannieC

Reaction score
Faryion Edward Wardrip is an American serial killer who raped and murdered five women in Wichita Falls, Texas and the surrounding counties from 1984 to 1986.[1][2] In 1999, Wardrip was sentenced to death for the murder of Terri Lee Sims, however in 2010 his sentence was overturned on an appeal. He is currently serving three consecutive life terms.[3]

Faryion Wardrip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wardripfaryion.jpg

Faryion Wardrip

Texas Death Row

Timeline for Faryion Waldrip

This is interesting information. It makes me wonder how many more victims were not discovered. He traveled to other areas and was in Galveston in a hotel when he confessed to one murder. Makes me question whether he was involved in any of the "Texas Killing Field Murders".

His MO fits several of the murders. I also find it hard to believe he started killing all of a sudden and stopped just as suddenly. It just doesn't add up to me.

moo

Man supports death sentence for brother
Wichita Falls man says appeals 'a waste'
Published: Saturday, December 22, 2001

Associated Press

WICHITA FALLS (AP) — Bryce Wardrip wants to watch his big brother die.

Serial killer Faryion Edward Wardrip initiated a federal appeals process last week to avoid the death chamber, but Bryce Wardrip said his brother should "quit wasting taxpayers' money."

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/122201/sta_1222010125.shtml

9/12/99
A DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD / Cup may have closed book on 4 North Texas killings

WICHITA FALLS - It was a brisk day in February as Faryion Edward Wardrip stood outside the Olney Screen and Door Co., holding the secrets to his past in a paper cup. Wardrip was nearing the end of his break. He drained the last of his drink and turned his lanky frame back toward the door. He was about to toss the cup in a trash receptacle when a stranger approached, a wad of tobacco bulging in his lower jaw. "Say, could I have that?" the man asked. "I sure could use a spit cup." And Wardrip handed over his paper cup, his past - and his future - to John Little. It was the end of a quest for Little. The Archer County District Attorney's investigator had been shadowing Wardrip for most of a week, waiting for the chance the cup had afforded. It also was the beginning of a classic investigation involving the science of DNA. Within weeks police would close the books on four previously unsolved North Texas killings and Wardrip, a middle-aged Church of Christ Sunday school teacher, would be charged as a serial murderer. Little rushed the cup to the GeneScreen laboratory in Dallas. There, minute cells from Wardrip's mouth were scraped from its surface and matched to evidence from the 14-year-old murder of Toni Gibbs near Wichita Falls. That was no surprise to Little. For the better part of two years he had been following a trail that led directly to Wardrip. It was a trail that began and ended with DNA. "Without DNA there would have been no case," said Little. Originally, the Gibbs case seemed clear. A nurse at Wichita General Hospital, Gibbs, 23, was reported missing on Jan. 19, 1985. Her abandoned car was found three days later in Wichita Falls, and her body was discovered Feb. 15 in a field just south of town. She was one of three young women killed in a similar manner in Wichita Falls within a year. Others were Terry Sims, 20, killed in December 1984, and Ellen Blau, 21, killed in September 1985

http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/repeat_murder.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back