WA WA - Julianne Jaillet, 36, Bellevue, 1 June 1985

tifflee

Reaction score
Julianne Jaillet (Julianne Jaillett on Doe Network and Charley Project) was last seen June 1, 1985.

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11898/
The Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1699dfwa.html
Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jaillett_julianne.html
Washington State Missing Persons: http://www.waspc.org/mp/missing.php?wac=90M0007897
Seattle Post-Intelligencer: http://o.seattlepi.com/missing/missing.asp?letter=J

According to NamUs:

Julianne Jaillet dissapeared from her residence following an arguement with her husband, Ian Jaillet, alledgedly about her being an alcoholic. Ian reported that Julianne said she was leaving. When he returned hime, Julianne was gone and a suitcase and some of her belongings were missing. Julianne's purse and some belongings were discovered in a hotel room in Reno NV.
According to Charley Project, it has never been established that Julianne was ever actually in Reno, NV.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1699DFWA

JJaillett.jpg

Julianne Cecilia Jaillett
Missing since June 1, 1985 from Bellevue, King County, Washington
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: January 28, 1949
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 36 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 125 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes.
  • AKA: Julianne Mcadams , Julianne Mcquaid
  • Dentals: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Jaillett was last seen in Bellevue, Washington on June 1, 1985.

Sometime after her disappearance, a small bag containing her belongings was found in a lobby in Reno, Nevada.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Bellevue Police Department
425-452-6917
Email

Agency Case Number: 85B07480

Additional photographs from NamUs:

Julianne Jaillet is mentioned in the following threads and posts on Websleuths.

CA CA - Fontana - White Fem (662UFCA), 25-35, Aug 1985 - Hit by car - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

CA CA - Riverside County - Wht Female, Burnt in dumpster day after Christmas - Dec 1988 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
This is my mother we believe her body is in Bellevue WA or Falls City at his old property...I need media attention...asap.... more info is coming in regarding her case! I was on the Shellee Hale radio show in Bellevue WA in Oct. And everything is confirming she was killed over $$$ she spent and he is getting caught in his web of lies!!!....He never went to the police and my grandmother contacted them as soon as she found out she was missing...almost a month later....My mother did not deserve to lose her life...and he is walking free. I'm trying to get her case transferred to an actual cold case unit! SHE DESERVES TO REST IN PEACE. I want him prosecuted for her death he caused....

My beautiful mother...the holidays are here and we miss her so much! Please help me find her...i pray everyday she is found....

As far as i know she didn't have any tattoos...i am getting NO HELP from the police department. Its been awful...

Welcome, and we are going to try and energize this investigation.

What is LE's theory? Do they think she is a walk away, and why?

Have you had a chance to get a copy of her file? You can request it via FOIA. (Freedom of Information Act.)

One other question-what was the time lapse from June 1 to when Ian reported her missing?

Sorry the 23rd was my birthday...So i was 11 years old when she disappeared and Ian was her hudband and they had a heated arguemnet about soem $$ she spent he claims it was about her drinking but i dont believe that. The facts show they had an arguemnet and he snapped and she was killed and we don't know where he put her body....and he had a lot of $$ he was a vice president of a phoen company. The police never arrested him or checked him for marks or

My mother was a beautiful woman with a lot of life left in her....she had just married him and they had a bad arguemnet that night... and he somehow killled her at the Lake Hills home in Bellevue WA. He never went to the police and it was my grndmother who went the police...He since has moved 13 times and been married 5 times. I've had so many meetings with the department over the last few years and i hear the same thing they have no body. We are now trying to get local media attention or maybe a wrongful death civil suit. I would like him prosecuted for her death. Can anyone help me and my family?

I have requested the file many times and no they never have released it....So i will try again i thought i would have to get an attorney. So my question is what in those records do they not want to get out....hmmm The original detective has told me back in the 80's how things were done is different than now days .But according to him he said start searching at the Lake Hills home and described him as a loaner and and heavy drug user. So its tough without knowing what the police have done. He also mentioned the clues may be found in statements by ex wives since he has been married 5 times.

TJCM-what reason did the department give for not releasing the files? Is it an active investigation or is it cold?

An attorney could probably get the files for you I would think.

Was there a time lapse between the argument and when he reported her missing and when the belongings were found? Because if we can figure out the time she was last seen by someone who was not her husband and we know when he reported her, then there is a specific window of time he had to dispose of her, if that is what he did. Like if he had a few hours, the maximum place she would be would be however long it took him to make a round trip from where he may have buried her back to their home.

Am I making sense?

If it was days, it makes it harder to guess where she might be.

Here is the exemption that covers case files for LE-this is the reason they could refuse to produce the file, but it is a pretty narrow scope I believe:

"records or information compiled for law enforcement purposes, but only to the extent that the production of such law enforcement records or information (A) could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings, (B) would deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication, (C) could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy, (D) could reasonably be expected to disclose the identity of a confidential source, including a State, local, or foreign agency or authority or any private institution which furnished information on a confidential basis, and, in the case of a record or information compiled by a criminal law enforcement authority in the course of a criminal investigation or by an agency conducting a lawful national security intelligence investigation, information furnished by a confidential source, (E) would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions, or would disclose guidelines for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions if such disclosure could reasonably be expected to risk circumvention of the law, or (F) could reasonably be expected to endanger the life or physical safety of any individual"

See they cant just tell you no if you make a FOIA request for the files. They have to explain to you why it would jeopardize the investigation if they release the files to you. Literally, they need to explain what FOIA exclusion they believe it falls under. If they say no, and they give you an exclusion reason, I would ask them if you can sit down and read the files.

This is all about partnering with LE-they want to clear a case just like you do. I frequently hear from LE that techniques used in the 1980's were not what they are today. If you accept that and let them know that you do, they may be more receptive to what you are looking for.

You have a right to know what happened to your beautiful mother. We support that effort, for what it is worth.

He said on the night of June 1st 1985 they had a fight and she was leaving. He left the home and when he returned she was gone and her purse and some belongings.She is not reported missing until June 18th. I'm not sure of the exact date of her last being seen...so that is something that may be in the files. Her purse was found in a lobby in the MGM in Reno on the 26th floor i believe. No one ever saw her nor do we have any reason to believe she went to Reno...this was during those 3 weeks. The purse was mailed to a previous address. The problem is where did he put her. I just met with the original detective he said to start with talking to the ex wives they may answer some important questions regarding his behavior. I confronted him last May at his house and he said some strange things. He did not act surprised at all that is showed up.

One of things he said is i dont drink anymore. I said my mom is not here because of u he said i know...That is the closest i got to a confession...I also feel my godfather David was involved in the cover up of her death. Him and Ian were very good friends. So the people around her know what happened that night and they all have been covering it up for years maybe he paid someone off. I have no idea. He was a Vice President of a company. I know he was descibed as a loaner and a and heavy into drugs. Also he would not cooperate with the police.

He had several acres of property and we have always wondered if he dumped her body of the property...I need the police files.

The department says its an active case but it does not get worked on and they do not have a cold case unit. I have tried to meet with the new detective for over a year.

TJCM-what reason did the department give for not releasing the files? Is it an active investigation or is it cold?

An attorney could probably get the files for you I would think.

Was there a time lapse between the argument and when he reported her missing and when the belongings were found? Because if we can figure out the time she was last seen by someone who was not her husband and we know when he reported her, then there is a specific window of time he had to dispose of her, if that is what he did. Like if he had a few hours, the maximum place she would be would be however long it took him to make a round trip from where he may have buried her back to their home.

Am I making sense?

If it was days, it makes it harder to guess where she might be.

tjcm - thanks for sharing with us. I've looked at your mom's case several times. I originally thought she may be a woman who was found deceased outside of Vegas a year later, but from your helpful information, I can see that is likely not the case.

Do you know who owns the house now?

Have you contacted your state representatives, and your city/county executives? I know we're all living in these tough economic times, but maybe they need some pushing to get a cold case unit up there. Maybe they can apply for federal grant money or money from a private foundation to fund it? Or maybe your senator can find a way to make it happen....you would hope they would do it for the right reasons....because your mother deserves justice, and you deserve an answer. If not, maybe they'll at least do it for the wrong reasons....it always helps to look tough on crime in an election year. Anyway, it's worth a try.

I have contacted our Seattle Mayor twice and not heard anything. I believe the possible vechile he used is a Blue Ford Bronco 80's model surrently belongs to a person involved in her death and i have the license plate numbers. It is parked outside the house. I asked the police to get a search warrant but they won't... Maybe there are blood stains in the vechile. It seems strange...

An attorney can help I am sure to get the files. I would also check in with the District Attorney's office. They are the one's LE goes to when they want to pursue charges and then the DA decides. They may be willing to take another look at the case.

So just to review, you believe there were two people involved in the crime itself, and your Mom may be on property that husband either owned or owns now, correct?

Can you narrow down for us the property locations? If he doesnt own the land and we do a title search, perhaps we can get permission to have cadaver dogs check the property. If he does own the property, he might be willing to give permission to check....now that he isnt drinking.

So I guess if I were you, I would file a FOIA request for the files, and call the DA's office. Unless you hire an attorney, and then I would have the attorney do it for you.

I wonder if we can get AMW or Nancy Grace or another media source interested in the story?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back