Duke of Edinburgh in hospital

I hope he continues to recover, and returns home to his family quickly.

Prince Philip: the man behind the queen (cnn.com)
London, England (CNN) -- Known as much for his gaffes, brusque manner and eccentricities as for his charity and campaigning work, Prince Philip seems to have lived a life permanently in the shadow of his wife, Queen Elizabeth II.

Yet as a child born into the turmoil of inter-war Europe, a naval officer decorated for heroism in World War II, and one half of one of the most-enduring modern royal marriages, the Duke of Edinburgh is an extraordinary figure in his own right.
---
much more at link above

He is back in the hospital again.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1242089--prince-philip-taken-to-hospital

LONDON- Prince Philip, the 91-year-old husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth, was taken to hospital in Scotland on Wednesday after a recurrence of a bladder infection, Buckingham Palace said, the third time he has been hospitalized in less than a year.

Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, fell ill while the couple were staying at Balmoral, their Scottish royal residence, and he was driven the 60 km from there to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, suggesting the problem was not too serious.

“The Duke of Edinburgh has had a recurrence of the bladder infection that he had earlier in the summer and has been admitted to hospital for investigation and treatment,” a Palace spokesman said.

“The prince is likely to remain there for the next few days.”

I saw him during the Olympics, and my heart just turned. He does not look well at all, even compared to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee photos. He looked a lot like my father did about 6 months before my Dad passed.

The Prince has served long, served well, and has always been an incredible support to the Queen, one of the most lonely positions on this planet. I hope that the Prince has little suffering, and that he has more time to spend with his beloved Queen, and becomes a great Grandfather...

Best-
Herding Cats

get well Prince Philip!

Duke of Edinburgh discharged from hospital (Guardian)
The Duke of Edinburgh has been discharged from hospital after spending five nights in the Aberdeen Royal infirmary being treated for a recurring bladder infection.

Looking well and relaxed in a beige suit and tie, Prince Philip, 91, shook hands with medical staff as he walked to a Range Rover waiting to take him on the 50-mile journey to Balmoral.
---
the rest at the link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow