WV WV - Walter Edmunds, 79, Chapmanville, 22 Dec 2011

This is the county I'm orginally from.....first I've heard of this, will be following close. This county is full of drugs and really bad crime rate....praying he is found safe!!

This is my first post, so I don't know if this will work...a map of the area around Riverside High School, WV. I have been watching this story unfold today. It's about an hour away from where I live. Praying they find him safe - it is very cold tonight. Please note; the comments in the map are not mine.

Logan County is actually kind of far away from Kanawha County.....makes me wonder why cops would be looking there?

Logan County is actually kind of far away from Kanawha County.....makes me wonder why cops would be looking there?

Hello Officer'swife 2010. I believe they are looking in Kanawha County because his <sic (abandoned)> car was found there.

Still looking for more info.

This is my first post, so I don't know if this will work...a map of the area around Riverside High School, WV. I have been watching this story unfold today. It's about an hour away from where I live. Praying they find him safe - it is very cold tonight. Please note; the comments in the map are not mine.

Aunt B....the map did not show/come through properly, so I removed. It was blowing the margins of the thread also.

Sorry! It would have been interesting information!!

There's growing concern tonight for a Logan County man who disappeared almost a week ago. The search by police and Belle firefighters is focused near Riverside High School, where 79-year-old Walter Lowell Edmunds' compact car was found stuck in a ditch Monday.

He was last seen last Wednesday, but relatives were unaware that the Champmanville man with dementia was missing until troopers trying to locate the car's owner contacted an insurance agent. Sergeant Larry O'Bryan found the car. If you have information on the missing man contact State Police.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/111227_7809.shtml

He has dementia and they're still letting him drive. :maddening:
Tragedy waiting to happen...and maybe it has now. :banghead:

A few years ago a lady in Minneapolis left home for the airport to pick up someone flying in for a visit. She never got to the airport. She was found a couple of days later in Wyoming (the state, not the city), thank goodness she was still alive and just cold, hungry and very disoriented. Her car was in a ravine somewhere on a lonely road and she was just fortunate to be found. Her family knew she was in early stages of Alzheimer and still let her drive~! :banghead:

Hoping they find this man alive.

Thanks so much for the info....i actually have friends in Chapmanville, i hope they find this man safe!

Police hit dead end in search for missing Logan County man

http://wvgazette.com/News/201201110152

WalterEdmunds_I120111172319.jpg

Email sent to West Virginia State Police to inquire as to whether Mr. Edmunds was found. Will post if I hear anything back.

Walter Llowell Edmunds NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Disappearance

Last seen at his home Christmas Eve in Logan County. Police are looking for an elderly Logan County man, who suffers from dementia, after his truck was found abandoned in Belle.West Virginia State Police are looking for Walter Lowell Edmunds, 79, of Chapmanville, after his pickup was found Monday in a ditch near Riverside High School, according to a news release. Edmunds' family members told police they have not seen him for three or four days.Police were searching Tuesday in heavily forested areas and nearby waterways. No one is sure what Edmunds was doing in Kanawha County, and police said he was traveling alone. Relatives said he has dementia.

Police looking for elderly man missing in Kanawha County

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back