10-year-old boy saw his mother and sister fatally shot on bus in Mexico

amandab

Reaction score
"Ten-year-old Michael Hartsell of Cleburne watched last week as Mexican robbers looting buses shot his mother in the head.

Then he saw his oldest sister, 18-year-old Karla Sanchez Hartsell, killed. Her body collapsed in a bus seat and her mouth jerked open when she was shot in the cheek, he told relatives and friends.

"Michael has just been telling us a lot of horrible stories," family friend Mary Bullock said Monday. "He's just a different person now, and he's only 10 years old."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/26/3619127/cleburne-boy-10-saw-his-mom-and.html#storylink=cpy

This story is just heartbreaking. I have friends that still travel to Mexico for vacations. I'm sure there are some safe places but me, personally, would NEVER go there again.

Bless this family. I'm so sorry for their loss.

They were visiting family in Mexico and that is understandable to want to go see your family.

But if you don't have family there please reconsider traveling to Mexico. I know there are still vacation spots that many do like to go to but those can be dangerous too. We lived for a year within walking distance of Juarez. In that city (and state it is located in) the cartel war is raging as well. It can be a very dangerous place because of the cartel war.

So sad for this young boy! :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back