NC - Butterball farm raided as abuse against turkeys on rise

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Cops raid Butterball farm after undercover video exposes horrific abuse of turkeys
The turkeys are coming home to roost at Butterball.

After a pattern of vicious abuse was caught on tape and posted online, authorities in North Carolina have raided a facility of the turkey giant.

The raid came after allegations made by animal advocacy group Mercy for Animals, who sent an undercover investigator to work for the company for three weeks.

What the investigator found was shocking abuse of the turkeys, leaving many with missing eyes, deformed feet and other injuries.
---
The undercover video, which was posted to YouTube on December 23, showed workers savagely kicking and stomping on the turkeys and dragging them around by their necks.

Mercy for Animals said they immediately contacted law enforcement about the abuse at the facility.
---
more - with graphic content video - at Daily Mail link above

I'm sorry but I watched 20 seconds of that video and had to turn it off.
WTH is wrong with these people, do they think that it is OK to abuse animals?
I never buy meat unless I know that it is free range and local, we are lucky to have a good butcher who knows where his meat comes from

Sick, I live in NC with Butterball farms right down the street. I wonder which farm it was. The Daily Mail said Garner, but that is the corporate office for Butterball. Garner is in Wake county, but the report said the Hoke County Sheriff's office was involved.

From the YouTube video link -
"Between November and December of 2011, an MFA undercover investigator documented a pattern of shocking abuse and neglect at a Butterball turkey semen collection facility in Shannon, North Carolina."

Sick, I live in NC with Butterball farms right down the street. I wonder which farm it was. The Daily Mail said Garner, but that is the corporate office for Butterball. Garner is in Wake county, but the report said the Hoke County Sheriff's office was involved.

From the YouTube video link -
"Between November and December of 2011, an MFA undercover investigator documented a pattern of shocking abuse and neglect at a Butterball turkey semen collection facility in Shannon, North Carolina."

I found out that this is facility is right down the street. There were a bunch of LE and news trucks there a few days ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back