250+ teens caught with drugs on ski trip, none arrested

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Hundreds of California teens on their way to Utah for a ski trip were caught Tuesday with more than just their snow gear. All sorts of drugs were found on their buses - but no one was arrested. In fact the group was allowed to continue on their trip to Utah.
But Elko police say they just don't have the room to hold more than 250 kids on misdemeanor drug charges.

More at link:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=18668050&title=250-teens-caught-with-drugs-on-ski-trip-none-arrested

FYI: The pictures are shocking!

Hundreds of California teens on their way to Utah for a ski trip were caught Tuesday with more than just their snow gear. All sorts of drugs were found on their buses - but no one was arrested. In fact the group was allowed to continue on their trip to Utah.
But Elko police say they just don't have the room to hold more than 250 kids on misdemeanor drug charges.

More at link:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=18668050&title=250-teens-caught-with-drugs-on-ski-trip-none-arrested

FYI: The pictures are shocking!

"There were five tour buses, full of young people anywhere between the ages of 15 to 20 and they were on their way to SLC for a ski trip,"

"The unchaperoned ski group"...

Who lets their teenager go on an unchaperoned weekend trip? 250 of them!!!! I would never have gotten away with that... no way. And if I did lie about it, and got caught - I would rather deal with with the cops and jail than my father...

"There were five tour buses, full of young people anywhere between the ages of 15 to 20 and they were on their way to SLC for a ski trip,"

"The unchaperoned ski group"...

Who lets their teenager go on an unchaperoned weekend trip? 250 of them!!!! I would never have gotten away with that... no way. And if I did lie about it, and got caught - I would rather deal with with the cops and jail than my father...

lol, I've had cops tell me that you can always tell who the good kids are. They are the ones begging you to take them to jail and not call their parents.

What I found shocking was that the exact same scenario happened last year!

The snow is a living snow. I see funky colors. :floorlaugh:

Good to see that kids today are stickying with the relatively safe stuff.

That would have been one hell of a trip I tell ya!

That would have been one hell of a trip I tell ya!

I'm surprised that they were allowed to leave, notwithstanding the space issue. Utah has some pretty strict drug laws. I know three young people (early 20s) who were stopped there in a one-horse town for a broken tail light. What ensued was a nightmare. The kids were 'clean', no drugs in the car, but the cops searched it thoroughly, and found... a single rolling paper. They took them to the jail and urine-tested. They were then charged with 'internal possession' of marijuana. Ten nights in the jail and a substantial fine for each of them. Of course, marijuana has a long life in your system, so theoretically you could smoke it on New Years Eve, and be arrested for it on Valentines Day!

The only marijuana crimes are the laws against it and the savages who enforce them. IMHO. It will remain illegal too, because an officer need only say "I think I smell weed" and like a magic spell- your Bill Of Rights all but vanishes.

It isn't harmless- you could catch a cold or flu from a passed pipe. Or even maybe get a scratch from a sharp stem.

But with people missing etc we're burning our resources on THIS?! I guess as a people of faith we must forever look closely (and in drug cases literally rectally) for the private moral sins of our neighbors.

I'm surprised that they were allowed to leave, notwithstanding the space issue. Utah has some pretty strict drug laws. I know three young people (early 20s) who were stopped there in a one-horse town for a broken tail light. What ensued was a nightmare. The kids were 'clean', no drugs in the car, but the cops searched it thoroughly, and found... a single rolling paper. They took them to the jail and urine-tested. They were then charged with 'internal possession' of marijuana. Ten nights in the jail and a substantial fine for each of them. Of course, marijuana has a long life in your system, so theoretically you could smoke it on New Years Eve, and be arrested for it on Valentines Day!

That's what's so BS about drug testing laws, IMO. MJ is the safest of illegal street drugs and has some great medicinal benefits to those who are going through chemo. However, out of all the illegal street drugs it stays the longest in your system. So you could have a coke addict apply for a job along with a MJ user. The coke user may not have any identifiable coke in his system even after snorting three days ago, while the MJ user may have used a month ago and still does.

The only marijuana crimes are the laws against it and the savages who enforce them. IMHO. It will remain illegal too, because an officer need only say "I think I smell weed" and like a magic spell- your Bill Of Rights all but vanishes.

It isn't harmless- you could catch a cold or flu from a passed pipe. Or even maybe get a scratch from a sharp stem.

But with people missing etc we're burning our resources on THIS?! I guess as a people of faith we must forever look closely (and in drug cases literally rectally) for the private moral sins of our neighbors.

IMO, legalize it, tax it and then take that money and give it to LE to fight violent crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back