Russell Brand & Katy Perry to divorce

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Shocked - I'm shocked, I tell you! Okay, not.

APNewsBreak: Russell Brand, Katy Perry to divorce
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Russell Brand and Katy Perry are getting a divorce.

The 36-year-old comedian said Friday: "Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I'll always adore her and I know we'll remain friends."

Brand and the pop singer married in October 2010.
Daily Mail, longer article, with, of course, scads of pictures:

'Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage': Russell Brand files for divorce after 14 months

I can't believe it. You could knock me over with a feather. :crazy:

Too, it seemed they had so much in common - two arms, two legs, a nose, a mouth. Ears, they both had ears.

Awww... I'm not being facetious when i say I really thought they DID have a special connection :( Sigh..
C'est la Vie.
I hope it isn't a bombshell big enough to send him back to "using". He hasn't had a very good year professionally!

I think he's one of the most unattractive men on the planet.He always looks so unwashed and unkempt!

But NO I am not shocked.

Awww... I'm not being facetious when i say I really thought they DID have a special connection :( Sigh..
C'est la Vie.
I hope it isn't a bombshell big enough to send him back to "using". He hasn't had a very good year professionally!

BBM I hope so too; I think he is funny. I especially like when he has been on The View, he is just so irreverent and that is what I like about him. :floorlaugh:
She also is a good singer and her videos over the top.

She's been wanting to date me for quite some time, so this is not a shock to me either. I'm waiting for you Katy! :crazy:

I thought Russell Brand was brilliant in Get Him To the Greek!

I am a fan.

From the moment they married they didn't seem to spend much time together as both were working. I also hope that Russell's recovery is strong enough to get him through this

She Kissed A Girl, And He Didn't Like It.....

I love him. Seriously. He is exceptionally brilliant. I always thought she was too flakey for him.

I don't care for either one of them, but I hate to see any marriage fail.

They made it a little over a year.

I personably think divorces are way too easy to get. Marriages begin and end so quickly sometimes. Makes me wonder if people even try to salvage them.

But that JMO as I have no idea of the circumstances.

I personally think divorces are way too easy to get. Marriages begin and end so quickly sometimes. Makes me wonder if people even try to salvage them.

(Above 'bolding' by smart blonde)

Actually, I think marriages are too easy to get.
But yeah, I know what you mean.

I personably think divorces are way too easy to get. Marriages begin and end so quickly sometimes. Makes me wonder if people even try to salvage them.

I agree Kimberly. Marriage isn't "dating" people. It's not a light switch. But people treat it as if it is. They should enter into marriage with seriousness and thought. Most problems can be foretold, if the couples look hard enough. But they don't. They are more concerned about the flashy wedding.

I actually liked this couple - thought they were cute together. But marriage material? Brand is bi-polar, has a long history of drug abuse and promiscuity. Ridiculous promiscuity. Is that a man to marry? I don't think so.

But people today seem to think they can do whatever they want, with no forethought. You want to get married? Good. Choose well. Because the excitement and thrill of a new relationship disappears quickly in a marriage and then you're left with the not so exciting person farting in the bed next to you. That person better be someone you can respect, can rely on, admire and love for the long term.

And when there is a hitch? (Because there will be, there always is.) Work on it. You don't just leave over one argument or when the drear of day to day life becomes apparent. Otherwise, life ends up like my good girl friend's life - sad and lonely. She went through marriages and men like candy. When the thrill of the chase and new relationship status cooled, she'd get bored and leave. Now, being not so young anymore, it's harder to find some new guy willing to pair off. She is terribly lonely.

I warned her. I predicted how her life would be if she kept on with it. Yes, a committed relationship may not be so exciting, but it is real life, beautiful and peaceful if it's with the right person. Sad that people don't take it as serious as it merits.

Russell's sharp-witted, extremely funny, and quite eloquent. He's very entertaining, even just to watch his facial expressions and mannerisms.

I think he may be underestimated by some because he's not mainstream.

I haven't seen much of his work, only interviews on network television, and a few videos online.

He'd be an interesting person to sit next to at a dinner party, or have lunch together. Not saying he's "marriage material" or even "dating material". His old website had him bragging about conquests with 3,000 women...but maybe he was just joking. He is a comedian, after all.

I'm not into Katy's music, but I know she kissed a girl and she liked it. ;) Since Russell filed, maybe he kissed a man and he liked it. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Just saw today his pre-November video promo for his U.S. college tour. It had him doing a funny routine about sororities and fraternities and ended with him removing his wedding ring and walking off-camera saying he was putting it in storage for the tour...

Not surprised but I am sorry it didn't work for them as they had hoped.

(I always wondered if she wrote Teenage Dream and if she did she did for him, also the one that got away song that she just released).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back