Grocery Stores Pull Arizona Lettuce From Shelves

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/grocery-stores-pull-arizona-lettuce-shelves-15263011#.Tv7q4YHO-Sp

Grocery Stores Pull Arizona Lettuce From Shelves
By BRIAN SKOLOFF Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY December 31, 2011 (AP)

Heads of iceberg lettuce are being removed from grocery store shelves in at least seven states after salmonella was found in an Arizona field adjacent to the grower's property.

None of the lettuce in the markets has tested positive for salmonella but the grower alerted retailers of the test results and sought a withdrawal of the product "out of an abundance of caution."

"There's no evidence of contamination on any product whatsoever," Jamie Strachan, CEO of Salinas, Calif.-based Growers Express, told The Associated Press on Friday....

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll ask, just to be sure, where my store's lettuce comes from...call it an overabundance of caution on my end, but we just got rid of the flu around here, so the last thing we need is a nice round of salmonella to finish the year.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll ask, just to be sure, where my store's lettuce comes from...call it an overabundance of caution on my end, but we just got rid of the flu around here, so the last thing we need is a nice round of salmonella to finish the year.

BBM

I'd just call it smart.

Wow, a preemptive move-- that IS news. Good for them, this is how things should work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back