New leads in search for missing baby Lisa Irwin

voxrock2000

Inactive
Reaction score
So what do you think the possible leads could be reported in this news story?

http://m.kctv5.com/w/main/story/50377089/

Kansas City attorney for Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, the baby's father, said Tuesday that there is new information in the search for the baby whose first birthday was in November.

The family's local attorney, John Picerno, said investigators have several new leads and said one is very promising.

The attorney said both the FBI and Kansas City police have this information. He declined to elaborate or provide additional details.

Smoke and mirrors is my guess. And that's putting it nicely.

I can't speculate on this. I'm not ready to call it "spin" and I'm not ready to call it a "promising lead". It's nothing right now, because I don't know the details.

I was excited when I saw the title hoping that LE found something, then saw it was from the attorney and it quickly deflated.

I hope they do have new leads but I'm taking it with a grain of salt right now until it comes from LE.

The problem with any news like this is you are only going to get this info from attorneys because LE has made a point not to announce things like this since this case began. So who else are you going to hear 'a new lead' info from?

It may be BS, although honestly if it is I'm not sure why they would go out of their way to say something to MSM. The case has been quiet, it's not on national news anymore, why say something to put the case (and your clients) back 'out there' in the public eye?

The problem with any news like this is you are only going to get this info from attorneys because LE has made a point not to announce things like this since this case began. So who else are you going to hear 'a new lead' info from?

It may be BS, although honestly if it is I'm not sure why they would go out of their way to say something to MSM. The case has been quiet, it's not on national news anymore, why say something to put the case (and your clients) back 'out there' in the public eye?

Because maybe LE was starting to look at your client(s) again, and you need to deflect the heat? MOO.

Details, we need details, please. :waiting:

Meanwhile, where is Baby Lisa?

That is tremendous news-I pray she is finally brought home.

Possibly the same reason JT said things like there were great leads like a man coming out of the woods holding a baby, and LE needed to follow up on that and leave his clients alone? When the truth was there were no woods. Deflection?

Not saying this is the case here but it is a strong possibility. And the way it's phrased leads me to believe that this was information given to LE not information due to LE investigating and uncovering evidence. I hope it's true and this will lead to baby Lisa.

So what do you think the possible leads could be reported in this news story?

http://m.kctv5.com/w/main/story/50377089/

Kansas City attorney for Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, the baby's father, said Tuesday that there is new information in the search for the baby whose first birthday was in November.

The family's local attorney, John Picerno, said investigators have several new leads and said one is very promising.

The attorney said both the FBI and Kansas City police have this information. He declined to elaborate or provide additional details.

So....we will be :waiting: for weeks to find out nothing, right?
I wish with all my heart that there are actually several leads and more than anything I wish one was solid and would bring Lisa home, but sadly I just don't think it's going to happen. It's safe to say I won't be holding my breath but I will be checking this thread often with hopeful anticipation all the same.

So, I guess that if the parents (through their attorneys) say about once every 3 months that there is a "promising lead," that will keep the heat off of them longer until eventually it is a cold case? Pathetic...and makes my stomach turn!

I'm going to hold out for something good and hope this new lead will bring Lisa home in the next few months. Until I see "spin" about the new lead, I'll reserve judgement on something I have no clue about.

I think this new lead is bull but I think it was put out there for the public, not for LE. LE has their theory, and I don't think a vague statement by a lawyer is going to make them feel a certain way. I think it was intended for the public to read, and to try to sway them in the other direction.

Capt. Steve Young, spokesman for the Kansas City Police Department, declined comment on Picerno's comments.

"The number of tips have dwindled in both quantity and quality," Young said. "Just like we have been from the beginning, we are open to following up on anything that is remotely reasonable."

I think this new lead is bull but I think it was put out there for the public, not for LE. LE has their theory, and I don't think a vague statement by a lawyer is going to make them feel a certain way. I think it was intended for the public to read, and to try to sway them in the other direction.

Totally agree! It's CYA for them. How many words are there for "pathetic?"

I wonder if the "new lead" might have been in response to JVM's year-end news review of high profile cases and their current status. I didn't watch all of the shows but know that she included Lisa Irwin in one of them. It might be in transcripts for Issues on HLN.

Capt. Steve Young, spokesman for the Kansas City Police Department, declined comment on Picerno's comments.

"The number of tips have dwindled in both quantity and quality," Young said. "Just like we have been from the beginning, we are open to following up on anything that is remotely reasonable."

In other words there aren't any new leads...certainly not "several new leads" and most certainly not "one very promising lead." Just as I suspected, a load of CYA ala BS!

BBM: :rocker: I totally agree ...

Because maybe LE was starting to look at your client(s) again, and you need to deflect the heat? MOO.

BBM: :rocker: I totally agree ...

So, I guess that if the parents (through their attorneys) say about once every 3 months that there is a "promising lead," that will keep the heat off of them longer until eventually it is a cold case? Pathetic...and makes my stomach turn!

BBM: :rocker: I totally agree ... yep, every 3 months, they will say there is some sort of "new lead" to deflect FROM DB and JI ... and point to SODDI ...

Totally agree! It's CYA for them. How many words are there for "pathetic?"

:rocker: Yep ... a CYA "BIG TIME" ...

MOO ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member