NY NY - Ian Burnet, 22, New York City, 26 Dec 2011

quiqui

Reaction score
http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-richm...ew-york-since-dec-26-20120105,0,5907142.story (news article)

http://newyorkstatemissingpersons.n...ew-york-city-new-york-2011?xg_source=activity (NY Missing Persons)

Ian Burnet traveled from Richmond, VA to NYC on a bus on December 26th. His parents last had contact with Ian on December 27th via text message and a roommate may have made contact on December 30th.

Last seen around 139th Street and Riverside Avenue.

(I've never started a thread before, I hope this is the correct way)

I think there's great hope he's fine, and has been in the "pressure cooker" so long he's just run off for a bit of relief.

IMHO, this is exactly the type who does just this. Someone who would NEVER admit to needing a break, the pressure to achieve has been too great I need off this merry-go-round, so they just take off without telling anyone. Without admitting it's too much.

Prayers he's found safe, soon. I wonder how he did last semester in college, and really, how can he be a junior in college and a software engineer at a company?

Grew up in East Harlem NYC... 139th and Riverside is probably not the place for a young out of town guy to be...especially at night.MOO Very few reasons for him to be in that part of the City... MOO

Why in the world did authorities think foul play not suspected? This doesn't seem like a kid who would just disappear on his own.

I can't imagine, especially when neither his cell or credit cards have been used since the 30th.....

Oh, dear. How frantic his parents must be, understandably so. liz b.- are you suspecting a drug buy?

Oh, dear. How frantic his parents must be, understandably so. liz b.- are you suspecting a drug buy?

It crossed my mind... Was he alone,I wonder,when he went uptown ? This doesn't sound good at all. Wonder if any security cameras picked him up ? Was he with anyone ?

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/vigil-set-for-missing-vcu-student

Two things about this that I would love to know the answers to:

1) He and his roommate took the bus to NY together on 12/26...were they staying together at the same friend's house, or did they both just happen to be traveling to NY and then went their seperate ways?
2) When his roommate heard from him last on 12/30 @ 4 pm, was it via phone call or text, and what did he say?

Grew up in East Harlem NYC... 139th and Riverside is probably not the place for a young out of town guy to be...especially at night.MOO Very few reasons for him to be in that part of the City... MOO

That's what I was thinking, but then according to this link, he and his friends had RENTED an apartment for the week on Riverside Drive. I wonder where the other friends in that apartment were from, and if they really had any idea what kind of an area they would be staying in. If none of them are from NY, maybe they shopped for price rather than safety.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...Parents-Virginia-New-York-City-136950343.html

That's what I was thinking, but then according to this link, he and his friends had RENTED an apartment for the week on Riverside Drive. I wonder where the other friends in that apartment were from, and if they really had any idea what kind of an area they would be staying in. If none of them are from NY, maybe they shopped for price rather than safety.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...Parents-Virginia-New-York-City-136950343.html

Thank you for posting this article. I have noticed that on some sites, the area they were staying in is described as "the upper west side "...but of course, it's a totally different neighborhood. And not too cool for out of towners to be in. Especially if they were riding the subway to get around.I wouldn't want to be walking back from the subway around there late at night...Just MOO And yes, I thought the same thing about shopping for price...

I'd like to hear more from the vietnamese "friends". How close were they to Ian and why did Ian choose to go to NY with them?

I'd like to hear more from the vietnamese "friends". How close were they to Ian and why did Ian choose to go to NY with them?

I'm with you on this. Were they actual friends, or friends like Britanee Drexel's "friends" that she went to Myrtle Beach with all those years ago and never returned?

So, where did his cell last ping at ? 139th & RSD is just a little bit too close to the Hudson for my liking ...

According to the Huffington Post report, he had left his cell phone in the apartment ? But took his wallet with his credit cards,money etc. Also, the two friends he was staying with are females ? I hope LE has looked at the last text he sent to his college roomate, at 4pm on the afternoon he went missing.... It would likely tell a lot. MOO

Not sure he was into buying drugs. Doesn't have a history of that, and looks to be a high achiever. Cannot figure out why LE does not suspect foul play ???

According to the NY State Missing Persons page :

1. He,or someone, used his credit card on 12/31, to buy food from a Burger King.It does not say where the BK was...

2. When his parents drove to the apartment he had been staying in, the two girls he was staying with had left...

3. Ian has a history of depression. New Years Eve in Manhattan might have been a bit overwhelming for him...MOO

Do we know how long the room was rented for?

Not exactly...the article just said "for the week". He went up on the bus on 12/26, which was a Monday....so maybe til Sunday the 1st? It says it was an apartment they rented, and I don't know how that would work....obviously in a hotel you can rent a room starting and ending whenever you want, and vacation rental homes are often Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun, but I must admit I'm not familiar with weekly apartment rentals.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back