There's something about a man in uniform that makes you want to sue them for stalking

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/cop-issues-speeding-ticket-asks-driver-date-she-002427538.html

Cop Issues Speeding Ticket, Asks Driver for a Date and She Sues Him
By Lauren Sher | ABC News Blogs – Thu, Jan 5, 2012

A Chicago police officer allegedly turned a $132 speeding ticket into a pick-up opportunity when he later tracked down the female driver and asked her out, saying the least he could do for the money he cost her was to treat her to dinner, according to a lawsuit the woman filed in federal court.

Evagelina Paredes filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Chicago, accusing police officer Chris Collins of violating her privacy, according to the Associated Press. She alleges that after she was ticketed on Oct. 22, Collins searched for her address in the motor-vehicle database and left a handwritten note on the windshield of her car, which was parked outside her apartment in the Chicago suburb of Stickney, asking her out on a date....

That's just creepy.
smiley-scared002.gif

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/cop-issues-speeding-ticket-asks-driver-date-she-002427538.html

Cop Issues Speeding Ticket, Asks Driver for a Date and She Sues Him
By Lauren Sher | ABC News Blogs – Thu, Jan 5, 2012

A Chicago police officer allegedly turned a $132 speeding ticket into a pick-up opportunity when he later tracked down the female driver and asked her out, saying the least he could do for the money he cost her was to treat her to dinner, according to a lawsuit the woman filed in federal court.

Evagelina Paredes filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Chicago, accusing police officer Chris Collins of violating her privacy, according to the Associated Press. She alleges that after she was ticketed on Oct. 22, Collins searched for her address in the motor-vehicle database and left a handwritten note on the windshield of her car, which was parked outside her apartment in the Chicago suburb of Stickney, asking her out on a date....

That's just creepy.
smiley-scared002.gif

He should not have gone to her apartment complex.

I got a warning one time, when I was about 21. The state trooper, very handsome guy, gave me a warning and a business card. It said on the back; If you have any questions, call me. PLEASE :D I put it in my wallet and didn't think anymore about it. I was out clubbing with some friends about a year later and ran into him. His first words were, 'you never called me'. lol We dated for a couple of years and then he was recruited by DEA and was working in South America for awhile. I lost track after that. He was not the least bit creepy about it, actually a super nice guy.

He should not have gone to her apartment complex.

I got a warning one time, when I was about 21. The state trooper, very handsome guy, gave me a warning and a business card. It said on the back; If you have any questions, call me. PLEASE :D I put it in my wallet and didn't think anymore about it. I was out clubbing with some friends about a year later and ran into him. His first words were, 'you never called me'. lol We dated for a couple of years and then he was recruited by DEA and was working in South America for awhile. I lost track after that. He was not the least bit creepy about it, actually a super nice guy.

Some women are charmed and some are just creeped out. It's not easy being a guy. Women are completely ureadable when it comes to being asked on dates. :banghead:

I actually think it's kind of sweet. And creepy. But sweet.

I think it's kind of sweet and creepy all at the same time, too. If the cop was attractive, I am sure most women would think it was sweet....but if he wasn't, it would be creepy.:floorlaugh:

I think it's pretty extreme to sue the man. I can see how the woman may think it was inappropriate but I think going to the man's superior would have been a better solution.

P.S.-- I started a thread about this too. I guess Steely won the popularity contest this time. :crazy:

I think it's kind of sweet and creepy all at the same time, too. If the cop was attractive, I am sure most women would think it was sweet....but if he wasn't, it would be creepy.:floorlaugh:

I think it's pretty extreme to sue the man. I can see how the woman may think it was inappropriate but I think going to the man's superior would have been a better solution.

P.S.-- I started a thread about this too. I guess Steely won the popularity contest this time. :crazy:

There's no money in going to his supervisor.

BTW, I believe I had a catchier title. :giggle:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARFOUbMC-w4"]Gang Of Four - I Love A Man In A Uniform (1982) - YouTube[/ame]

There's no money in going to his supervisor.

BTW, I believe I had a catchier title. :giggle:

Yeppppppppp!! Such a sue-happy society we live in. Like I said, I can see how the woman could find the officer's actions inappropriate and want to inform his supervisor. But she's after money, so she sues. If she thinks that the cop violated her privacy, how is she going to like it when the media gets a hold of her name?! :giggle:

I had a cop ask me out and I accepted after he stopped me to tell me I had a tail light out (I did and he didn't cite me).

We dated a few times, nice guy but we were in different places in life and I wasn't ready for a relationship---he was, no hard feelings though.

I had a guy ask me out after he towed my car. Uh no, I told my Mom if he had wanted to ask me out he should have done it and NOT towed my car haha.

Yeppppppppp!! Such a sue-happy society we live in. Like I said, I can see how the woman could find the officer's actions inappropriate and want to inform his supervisor. But she's after money, so she sues. If she thinks that the cop violated her privacy, how is she going to like it when the media gets a hold of her name?! :giggle:

[bbm]

her name's in the article: Evangelina Paredes

"It's Chris. I'm that ugly bald Stickney cop who gave you that ticket on Saturday ... I have not stopped thinking about you since ... I did cost you $132 least I can do is buy you dinner," the note read.

"It's Chris. I'm that ugly bald Stickney cop who gave you that ticket on Saturday ... I have not stopped thinking about you since ... I did cost you $132 least I can do is buy you dinner," the note read.

LOL

Guy needs to up his game; maybe take the 'sensitivity course'. :floorlaugh:

From article:
Paredes claims that the note caused her to "suffer great fear and anxiety." In the lawsuit, which seeks unspecified payments in damages, saccording to the Associated Press, she alleges that Collins used his position as a police officer to "manipulate" her into going out with him. Collins declined to comment to the Associated Press. OH PLEASE....has she not heard of 'just say no'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back