Bungee jumper survives cord-snap fall into croc-infested waters at Victoria Falls

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Miracle escape for bungee jumper whose cord snapped plunging her into
crocodile-infested water with tied feet... and she still managed to swim to shore
(Mail on Sunday)
A tourist has miraculously survived following a fall into crocodile-infested waters after the cord snapped while she was bungee jumping in Zambia.

Australian backpacker Erin Langworthy fell into the Zambezi river following the terrifying mishap, which happened as she leapt from a bridge at Victoria Falls on the country's border with Zimbabwe.

The 22-year-old told how her feet were still tied together as she fell head first into the fast-flowing rapids beneath the world's largest waterfall.
---
Chilling footage of the incident shows the young holidaymaker, from Perth, leaping from the bridge which crosses a gorge 111 metres above the water.

It shows how her bungee cord snapped as she reached the bottom of her descent, sending her flying down towards the water below.

According to reports it is believed she was around 20 metres above the Zambezi when the cord broke.
---
The story with pictures at link above; the video is at Deadspin:

This Is What It’s Like When Your Bungee Cord Breaks While Hurtling Toward Victoria Falls
---
Maybe she chose a discount bungee cord provider, maybe it was a freak accident, but when she was about seven stories above the river, the cord broke and she was dumped into the water—feet still bound from the bungee apparatus. Did we mention the Zambezi is full of crocodiles?
---

That was one of the scariest videos I've ever seen. I am terrified of heights anyway, so just watching her jump made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. But, when the rope broke, I felt like I was going to be sick. If I hadn't known the outcome, it would have been absolutely horrifying! So lucky, she is!

Now, I hope she just gets treated for all the parasites she may have blasted into her system. :eek:

Ohh I got questions...... how long before she bungee jumps again?

How long before the next person in line behind her got to jump?

I saw this in a CNN video. There the narrator said, "Then the unthinkable happened." No, not "unthinkable". Which is why I don't go bungee jumping. Especially in Africa.

I saw this in a CNN video. There the narrator said, "Then the unthinkable happened." No, not "unthinkable". Which is why I don't go bungee jumping. Especially in Africa.

Neither do I. Anywhere and not just in Africa. I love how the video said that the company assures bungee jumping is safe. Yea, we all just saw how safe it was. And this woman was very small (it's not like she was pushing the weight limits) so why did the cord snapped?
:floorlaugh:

Can you imagine being one of the other jumpers dangling there in the air? I'm sure they were wondering how (and if!) their rigs were holding! :thud:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back