CANADA Canada - Kenneth Blais, 27, Sturgeon Falls, Ont, 14 Sept 1994

pepagirl

Reaction score
http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAc...nd=1996-01-01&&StartAt=10&EndAt=20&CurCase=15

Name : BLAIS, Kenneth Gilbert Joseph
Case : ON-MM-1994-09-01359

Date Of Disappearance : 14 September 1994
Location Of Disappearance : Sturgeon Falls, Ontario
Age At Disappearance : 27 years
Height (estimate) : 170 cm (5'6")
Weight (estimate) : 63 kg (138 lbs)
Hair Colour : Brown
– worn shoulder length, curly
Eye Colour : Unknown
Race : Caucasian

Dental Information : Teeth – no missing teeth
Medical Information : Unknown
Notable Identifiers : Bicep – tattoo of a cross on left bicep, done by hand
Facial hair – wears a beard and moustache
Build - thin

Clothing/Jewelry : Jacket – black leather
Shirt – t-shirt
Pants - jeans
Other Personal Items : Duffle bag

Additional Information : After an argument with his mother, Ken left his home in Sturgeon Falls saying that he was going to see his father. His family assumed that Ken was in the Ottawa region.

Subsequent investigation revealed that Ken did not see his father and has not been seen since.

My theory with this possible match- Even though the tatoo says a cross, the location matches and a simple cross tattoo could easily be converted to a star. I thought I read somewhere that the thought was Jason's tattoo looked fresh. If he told the carolines that his name was Joseph they could have easily mistaken that for Jason as well if they met during the concert and could have possibly been under the influence at the time as well (the carolines). I think the height and age aren't far enough off to rule him out. What do you think?

I've submitted this to the Canadian missing persons unit. They've received my message and will follow up on it.

Wow, something about this one just reached out and grabbed me. The mouth looks exactly like Jason Doe's mouth on the first recreation, the bad composite that was released before we had the newest one to go by. It looks STRIKINGLY similar.

This certainly looks close.

I hope this is it. I am almost convinced with the mash up, but I've been wrong so many times that I lost count.

Fingers crossed.

I've also reported it to NamUS and the local police. I spoke with someone who knew Ken and she is convinced that Jason Doe could very well be Ken. What an emotional time, not hoping that it's Ken, but if he is, then the family will want to know. I can't imagine not knowing where one of my kids was for 18 years.

Wow, the photos match up really well! Interested to see what comes from this.

I sure hope that this doesn't get brushed off just because of some cross border paperwork nonsense. Does anyone have experience with this kind of problem ... a missing person from Canada who is matched up to an unidentified victim in the US?

NamUS replied that they received my message. Nothing further from them yet.

They need to get fingerprints or DNA from the missing first, that can take some time

I sure hope that this doesn't get brushed off just because of some cross border paperwork nonsense. Does anyone have experience with this kind of problem ... a missing person from Canada who is matched up to an unidentified victim in the US?

NamUS replied that they received my message. Nothing further from them yet.

You should directly call Jason Doe's case manager.

I'll give Jason Doe's case manager a call tomorrow. The sergeant on the case on the Canadian side is on holidays until the end of July, but he was kind enough to let me know that he'd review the case as soon as he gets back on duty.

Oh dear. Such a dreadful thing it is to have to wait so long.

I have received a reply from both sides of the border that this potential match is being investigated. NamUS has fingerprints, dental records and DNA of Jason Doe. I don't know what, if any of these, is on record with Missing Persons Canada.

Long time lurker in this case coming out to say that I think that this is a great match. I hope we find out soon!

The investigating sgt. on the Canadian side called me today and said that he has been contacted by NanUS. He said that there is a lot of data on file to expediate their inquiry, so hopefully, it won't take too long. He also said that this potential match has never been investigated before.

Another interesting thing that he said is that Canada and the US don't necessarily share notes unless there is a criminal investigation and they are following leads. So, we should feel free to continue looking for matches between missing Canadians and unidentified Does in the US, and visa versa, especially those that are dated before passports were needed at the border.

From the investigating officer ... "Just a quick note to advise that DNA samples were checked and came back negative for a match. Unfortunately, Kenneth Blais remains a missing person at this time. Thank you for your assistance."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back