GUILTY MO - Alissa Shippert, 22, slain, 2nd woman disemboweled, May & Dec 2011

Thanks for posting this, (I don't know how). Was looking to see if Alissa was listed here but nothing was coming up with her name. This is local for me, (as I grew up in one place mentioned and went to school in the other mentioned), although I do not know the victims or the alleged killer. Everyone here has been praying for Alissa's family.

What horrific accounts for both cases...the second victim is lucky to be alive...

very glad he is off the street or he would most likely kill/injure someone again...

Thanks for posting this, (I don't know how). Was looking to see if Alissa was listed here but nothing was coming up with her name. This is local for me, (as I grew up in one place mentioned and went to school in the other mentioned), although I do not know the victims or the alleged killer. Everyone here has been praying for Alissa's family.

It is pretty local to me as well. I remember it was pretty shocking when Alissa's body was found because it's a relatively safe area. I'd really love to know more details. Had they been looking into O'Dell for Alissa's murder or did it just come up when he was questioned about the second attack? I also don't really believe his story about what happened the night he killed Alissa. I wonder if he was stalking her perhaps.

Man pleads not guilty in hatchet slaying, razor attack (kansascity.com)
A Platte City man accused in the brutal death of a co-worker and an attack on another woman pleaded not guilty to all charges today in his first court appearance.

Quintin P. O’Dell, 22, is charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of Alissa F. Shippert at the Platte Falls Conservation Area in May and first-degree assault in a razor attack on another woman the day after Christmas in Ferrelview.
---
Heinous charges indeed; what exactly happened? [WARNING! Unpleasant reading ahead.]
Shippert’s face was battered so viciously with a hatchet that investigators found bone fragments at the homicide scene along the Platte River. Shippert, 22, who was a co-worker of O’Dell’s at a Platte County convenience store, was killed May 31.

A 21-year-jold woman awoke in her Ferrelview apartment the morning after Christmas following a night of drinking with someone she thought was a friend to discover she had been nearly disemboweled with a razor.
---
“She later woke up … because she thought she was having a menstrual cramp,” Anderson read from the court document. “She went into the bathroom of her apartment and saw herself cut open in the mirror. She could see she was holding her intestines and panicked, falling into the bathtub.

“She ran out of her bathroom to get help by knocking on the neighbor’s door across the hall.”
---
much more at link above, with booking photo

OMG...what a monster. I hope they lock him up forever! That person is absolutely sick.

WTH?!! That is crazy!

The girl must have been extremely drunk and passed out not to feel much. She just thought it was cramps??!! I hope she is okay now, but this is one very strange story. The guy has got to have some mental issues going on.

Was the first girl drinking with him too?

Another little tidbit:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A young Platte City man who four years ago was praised on the floor of the U.S. House for Scouting activities has been charged with first-degree murder and assault in Platte County.
more, with an account of the slaying, at

Eagle Scout charged with murder (St. Joseph News-Press)

WTH?!! That is crazy!

The girl must have been extremely drunk and passed out not to feel much. She just thought it was cramps??!! I hope she is okay now, but this is one very strange story. The guy has got to have some mental issues going on.

Was the first girl drinking with him too?

I think this guy was a serial killer in the making.

The second girl is going to be okay, she is out of the hospital. The friends of the two girls held a candlelight vigil last night and the second girl showed up. She didn't want to be identified. I have tried to find a link for this but couldn't-- it was on the local news last night. I would like to know how much she had to drink that night, too. I also wondered if he maybe drugged her but there's nothing mentioned about that.

I do not believe the first girl, Alyssa, was drinking with him. She was fishing in a conservation area at night which she was known to do. I think that's all that is known as a fact (other than she was murdered with a hatchet). I definitely don't believe his story about what happened that night.

Well, that night, Killer Boy brought over beer and tequila, which, if memory serves (although it frequently doesn't - too much beer and tequila in my past), will pretty well sedate you. But the painlessness of the initial episode makes me think, "dosed with oxycodone."

Wow.

It literally felt like I was watching a scary movie as I read that.

Almost as if he sought these girls out as potential girlfriends & when it was obvious it wasn't gonna go there this was his reaction to their "rejection".

To do these things to people & then to just go home.. Fall asleep.. Rationalize it the next day...

His eyes are dead & thankfully the 2nd girl survived & stopped an obvious serial killer before we lost any more beautiful young ladies with their whole lives ahead of them.

I hope that the survivor can get the mental help that she's so gonna need, that any of us would need.

I keep wondering why. This guy was young, only 22. And he had to work hard to get himself to Eagle scout as a kid. He earned community respect. No apparent previous criminal history. And he just goes out and kills a woman, a friend and goes home and goes to sleep. Then he does it again?

I just don't get it. Yeah I know about psychopaths, but wouldn't someone have noticed something before? Would a psychopath have done the work to get himself to Eagle scout? I just don't get it.

I do not believe the first girl, Alyssa, was drinking with him. She was fishing in a conservation area at night which she was known to do. I think that's all that is known as a fact (other than she was murdered with a hatchet). I definitely don't believe his story about what happened that night.

I don't believe his story either. You don't just go for a walk along this river. It is dirty, nasty, muddy, the banks are steep and trees line it. It floods virtually every spring and last year was no exception. It actually ran high all summer. Looks like I may have gone to school with some of his family.

It is pretty local to me as well. I remember it was pretty shocking when Alissa's body was found because it's a relatively safe area. I'd really love to know more details. Had they been looking into O'Dell for Alissa's murder or did it just come up when he was questioned about the second attack? I also don't really believe his story about what happened the night he killed Alissa. I wonder if he was stalking her perhaps.

From the very beginning the police were extremely tight lipped. They gave no info on how Alissa died, nothing except they were sure it was murder. They never mentioned any suspects just kept asking for any info. Since he was a co-worker I am sure he was talked to in the beginning. I don't remember any interviews with anyone from where she worked. Maybe they did suspect from the beginning and asked everyone they talked to to keep quiet.

Looks like I may have gone to school with some of his family although they were younger than me by 3-4 years. This area is not immune to crime but murder is pretty rare here. We had a murder here in 1977 and in that case I did know the murderer and the victim both.

Daily Mail's account:

Eagle Scout who 'preyed on women': 22-year-old charged with hacking
woman to death with hatchet at remote lake and disemboweling another

---
Court documents said she had spent Christmas night drinking with O’Dell, who had called her asking to 'hang out'.

She agreed and he arrived after 11 pm with a six-pack of beer and a bottle of tequila.

But he 'became enraged' after listening to her arguing on the phone with her recent boyfriend about the future of their relationship.

O’Dell, during interview, reportedly showed detectives how he cut open the victim using a razor he had seen earlier on her kitchen counter.
---
more, including a photo of the axe victim, at link above

Man pleads guilty in Shippert slaying, disemboweling 2nd woman

PLATTE CITY, Mo. —A Platte City man accused of killing a woman and disemboweling another woman in 2011 has pleaded guilty in the case.

Platte County Prosecutor Eric Zahnd said that Quintin P. O’Dell, 23, avoided a possible death sentence after admitting Thursday in court that he murdered Alissa Shippert on the banks of the Platte River and assaulted another woman seven months later in Ferrelview.

O'Dell was sentenced to life in prison.

“Make no mistake, I would have no hesitation in asking a jury to impose the death penalty in this case. However, the victims’ families wanted to end this case without enduring the additional pain of a death penalty trial and prolonged appeals. Given their completely understandable wishes, this is an appropriate resolution,” Zahnd said in a news release.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-cit.../18265004/-/j9uwql/-/index.html#ixzz2J8Z4BamO

Here's video of a short interview with Alissa's father--

http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-cit...se/-/11664182/18270340/-/tksdirz/-/index.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back