Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasnt_me

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. Welcome back to the Meredith Kercher Murder discussion. As you know Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito's convictions were overturned by the court of appeals in Italy. Judge Hellman has released his motivation report, which other sleuthers have tirelessly worked on translating into English.

http://hellmannreport.wordpress.com/

Kimster granted permission to reopen this discussion and as we discuss this report and its implications, it is VERY and EXTREMELY important that we adhere to the TOS of this forum. I cannot emphasize this enough because this is a very heated topic, and disrespect for other posters is not tolerated on websleuths.

Let's all be on our best behavior!:crazy:

Thank you for making this thread, wasnt_me! :great:

I was extremely pleased to read certain sections of the Hellmann report which have been translated by IIP, PMF, and the press.

I think Hellmann has covered all the aspects which we had discussed all last year.

What had occurred to me, and has been discussed on other forums, is that those who are charging Hellmann with incompetence or corruption or both, are simply shocked to see that his report seems to mirror exactly what all those who had proclaimed Knox's innocence had been saying all along.

That is, it is the factual truth, when viewed objectively. But the contrary view says he must have been somehow pressured or persuaded to rule as he did.

In any case, an excellent translation in the works can be found here:

http://hellmannreport.wordpress.com/

Yes, this is what I was also amazed about myself. As I read the translated portions, I was like, "That's what we kept saying..." and "Yep, that's exactly what we thought, too..." and "uh-huh, that's exactly logical."

Some parts, I thought he was making a leap like the Mass report, but still, for other reasons, I agreed with his conclusions.

I especially enjoyed his reasoning about the TOD, and how he discarded the conjecture that MK was just "playing with her phone."

Yes, this is what I was also amazed about myself. As I read the translated portions, I was like, "That's what we kept saying..." and "Yep, that's exactly what we thought, too..." and "uh-huh, that's exactly logical."

Some parts, I thought he was making a leap like the Mass report, but still, for other reasons, I agreed with his conclusions.

I especially enjoyed his reasoning about the TOD, and how he discarded the conjecture that MK was just "playing with her phone."
Yes.

And here he upholds the Lone Wolf scenario:

http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news...ller-judge-explains-why-amanda-knox-went-free

Elsewhere (cannot seem to located the articles now) he defended Knox against the cartwheels charges, and upheld Knox and Sollecito's characters, deeming Guede an outsider. This last I believe is fair, and is based on Guede's antecedents, not his race, as some have charged. Hellmann is no racist, I think that is clear.

What's going on with the book deals? I'd read somewhere Knox had an agent.

BEHAVIOR FOLLOWING THE MURDER

[Comportamento successivo alla verificazione dell'omicidio, pp. 130 - 136; translated by teddypots, a.k.a. Newcomer]

The Corte di Assise of first level also attributed evidentiary value to the behaviour of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito following the occurrence [verificazione] of the murder of Meredith Kercher (morning of 2 November).

Amanda Knox’s conduct that morning (whether or not she stayed until late at the home of Raffaele Sollecito, if she went to Via Della Pergola to take a shower before departing for Gubbio etc…) has already been dealt with previously, in particular in the section [paragrafo] concerning the alibi. Here it should be noted that the Corte di Assise of first level also focused its attention on the telephone calls made by Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito that morning, maintaining that there were noticeable contradictions about them, interpreted as being symptomatic of the awareness of the two youths about their responsibility for what happened.

From the examination of the logs [tabulati], it emerges that the first telephone call was made (at 12:07 pm) by Amanda Knox to Meredith Kercher, to one of the numbers in use by her, which of course received no response.

There is nothing suspicious about this telephone call: it is clear that Amanda Knox, if actually innocent and therefore alarmed about some of the strange things that she had noticed in the house on Via Della Pergola (starting with the front door found open, continuing with the broken window in Romanelli’s bedroom and with the door of Meredith Kercher’s bedroom found closed, and also the presence of some traces of blood in the bathroom), as a first step, and after having spoken to Raffaele Sollecito, thought of contacting Meredith Kercher to ensure that nothing had happened to her.

Nor is it logical to hold – as was however held by the Corte di Assise of first level – that this telephone call had the sole purpose of ensuring that the mobile phone had not been found since, on the contrary, it can be assumed that the phone ringing could have facilitated its discovery, if the mobile phone had not yet been found (as, indeed, happened): which, if they had been guilty would have been the opposite of the desired outcome.
CONTINUE READING @

http://hellmannreport.wordpress.com...havior-following-the-discovery-of-the-murder/

What's going on with the book deals? I'd read somewhere Knox had an agent.
She does, and the agent is a prominent one:

The Amanda Knox story is one step closer to bookstores everywhere -- TMZ has learned, she's signed with a very powerful literary agent in DC.

According to sources, Amanda recently inked a deal with lawyer/lit agent Robert Barnett -- who has brokered book deals for some of the biggest names imaginable ... Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin and Dick Cheney ... to name a few.

Our sources say Amanda's Italian ex-BF Raffaele Sollecito -- who was also convicted and then exonerated in the murder of Meredith Kercher -- has signed with a book agent of his own ... Sharlene Martin, famous for brokering deals for several NY Times bestselling authors.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/05/amanda-knox-book-deal-agent-barack-obama/#.TwuIv2-uaNg

Yes.

And here he upholds the Lone Wolf scenario:

http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news...ller-judge-explains-why-amanda-knox-went-free

Elsewhere (cannot seem to located the articles now) he defended Knox against the cartwheels charges, and upheld Knox and Sollecito's characters, deeming Guede an outsider. This last I believe is fair, and is based on Guede's antecedents, not his race, as some have charged. Hellmann is no racist, I think that is clear.

This is aggravating. I can't believe how eager these people are to take it to yet again another level. I'd thought--hoped--that the Kerchers seeing the MOT report in black and white would help them to reasonably see how the first court had errored. I thought seeing in black and white how botched the investigation was would help them see reasonably how the evidence did not point to AK or RS. but Mascara is chomping at the bit to move forward with $$ dancing in his eyes. Mignini, I hope is just plain wrong. He should worry about his own legal troubles.

What the hell is this? Rafe is engaged? Is this real?

article-2083538-0F5E1CED00000578-86_306x423.jpg

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblo...kItemsPerPage=20&plckSort=TimeStampDescending

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rlfriend-Facebook-page.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

This is aggravating. I can't believe how eager these people are to take it to yet again another level. I'd thought--hoped--that the Kerchers seeing the MOT report in black and white would help them to reasonably see how the first court had errored. I thought seeing in black and white how botched the investigation was would help them see reasonably how the evidence did not point to AK or RS. but Mascara is chomping at the bit to move forward with $$ dancing in his eyes. Mignini, I hope is just plain wrong. He should worry about his own legal troubles.
Agreed. Unfortunately, Mignini will likely be let off the hook. However, some believe that the attorney general will not file an appeal at all. We will know by end of month. Maresca as you say has his own agenda, which I believe does not serve the Kerchers well, and protracts their grief.

I guess we just just load this up with articles, since we missed a couple months. Hopefully, everyone will catch on that the thread is back.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/15/amanda-knox-trial-flawed-says-judge?newsfeed=true

Hellman ridicules attempts to demonise Knox because she bought G-string underwear days after the murder "rather than a more conservative type of underwear", and dismisses investigators' suspicions of Knox after she kissed Sollecito before questioning and turned cartwheels at the police station. Her behaviour, he writes, "was part of a need to find a minimum of normality in the context of a tragic situation".

Agreed. Unfortunately, Mignini will likely be let off the hook. However, some believe that the attorney general will not file an appeal at all. We will know by end of month. Maresca as you say has his own agenda, which I believe does not serve the Kerchers well, and protracts their grief.

Oh, wait. I totally thought his name was Mascara! :floorlaugh:

I swear I read "Mascara" each and every time I saw his name. I JUST realized, it's Maresca? :floorlaugh:

I'm SO SO SO bad with names. People think I'm making fun of names, but i'm not. I'm just terrible with them.

I guess we just just load this up with articles, since we missed a couple months. Hopefully, everyone will catch on that the thread is back.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/15/amanda-knox-trial-flawed-says-judge?newsfeed=true

Hellman ridicules attempts to demonise Knox because she bought G-string underwear days after the murder "rather than a more conservative type of underwear", and dismisses investigators' suspicions of Knox after she kissed Sollecito before questioning and turned cartwheels at the police station. Her behaviour, he writes, "was part of a need to find a minimum of normality in the context of a tragic situation".
And this is what we always said!

Oh, wait. I totally thought his name was Mascara! :floorlaugh:

I swear I read "Mascara" each and every time I saw his name. I JUST realized, it's Maresca? :floorlaugh:

I'm SO SO SO bad with names. People think I'm making fun of names, but i'm not. I'm just terrible with them.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I wish I could find that one article where the quoted Hellmann's report on the cartwheels, Knox and Sollecito being of different character than Guede, and Guede's history of knife-wielding and burglary : The last was something I always asserted, and was always shot down on. There was a long article with many quotes from the report and now I cannot find it.:furious:

And it was to solidify [consolidare] a conviction [i.e. belief] based on assessments of mere probability that the first-level Corte di Assise felt it necessary to come up with a motive [for the crime] which, however, while not being corroborated by any objective piece of evidence, is itself not probable in the least:

the sudden choice, on the part of two fine young people, well-disposed towards others [due giovani, bravi e disponibili verso gli altri], of evil for evil’s sake, just like that, without any other point (whence the aggravating circumstance of futile reasons alleged by the Public Minister); [and] all the more incomprehensible due to having been aimed at supporting the criminal action of another youth, Rudy Guede, with whom they had no relationship (there is not, for example, proof of telephone calls or text messages among the three), and [who was] different from them in terms of personal history, character, and human condition

And not race, although it has been suggested...

http://hellmannreport.wordpress.com/contents/reasons-for-the-decision/conclusion/

In the end, the first-level Corte di Assise, in order to reconstruct the case presented to it, concluded that it could coordinate factual elements (held to be certain in themselves, but whose meaning was not entirely unambiguous) into a unified picture [quadro] in which each one of the elements could be given [conseguire] a definitive explanation, and all of them, collectively, an unambiguous meaning, giving rise to proof of guilt.

Now, however, the “bricks” of this edifice [costruzione] have themselves collapsed; that is, this is not a question merely of a differing arrangement [una diversa ricollocazione] of these bricks, so as not to permit the realization of the planned architectural project, but rather of a lack of material necessary for the construction [in the first place]. And the collapse of the material elements of the prosecution case [il progetto accusatorio] obviously does not permit us to arrive at a verdict [pronuncia] of guilt beyond all reasonable doubt.
http://hellmannreport.wordpress.com/contents/reasons-for-the-decision/conclusion/

Hellman was also critical of sloppy and unfair interrogation methods, writing that:

"The obsessive interrogation by police went on for hours, both day and night, and was carried out by several people on a young girl who at the time did not speak or understand Italian.

"Her rights were ignored and she was not even appointed a lawyer, a right which she had, seeing as she was being accused of a serious crime.''

http://articles.businessinsider.com...-and-kercher-raffaele-sollecito#ixzz1j3mA1OoL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74