GUILTY IA - Jackie Burkle charged in deaths of newborn twins, Huxley, Jan 2012

peeples

Reaction score
The state Department of Public Safety said Sunday that Huxley Police went to the woman's apartment in Huxley Saturday because someone was concerned about her welfare.

When police reached the apartment, they discovered that the woman had given birth to twins, and the babies did not survive.

Officials with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation say when officers arrived they learned the 22-year-old woman had given birth to twin girls at home.

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...a50-11e1-adb9-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1j6DscJLP

Link has been updated. Autopsy results aren't being released pending more tests. Not a good sign.

UPDATE: Iowa mother arrested in death of twin baby girls

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...a50-11e1-adb9-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1j6UGvZKU

HUXLEY, Iowa (AP) --- The mother of twin baby girls found dead in the trunk of a car in Huxley is charged with two counts of first-degree murder.

-----

Autopsies were performed Monday but results may not be available for several weeks.

Huxley police declined further comment. Telephone messages to the DCI weren't returned

I have one year old twin grandsons-I cannot imagine. I delivered twins 22 years ago, the girl survived, the boy did not. My heart is still broken today.. (The twin girl is the one that has the twin boys today-healed my heart so much!). How can someone deliberately do this?

article-2085537-0F6CB46400000578-108_233x288.jpg

Jackie Burkle, 22, of Huxley, Iowa, has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder after police found the infants' bodies in her car. Held $1M bail

article-2085537-0F6CB46400000578-108_233x288.jpg

Jackie Burkle, 22, of Huxley, Iowa, has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder after police found the infants' bodies in her car.

I can't get over this. They were in her car, in her trunk...

ACROSS the STREET from the POLICE STATION?!

How lazy do you have to be to not walk over to the police station to hand the babies over?
Certainly the police station has to count as a safe haven location?
People knew she was pregnant... she wasn't hiding it successfully... across the street... seriously? :banghead:

I am a local to this story but not verified yet (not sure how to do that). I work for the same company that this girl worked for and we share the same supervisor but we work at different stores, about 30 miles apart.

It's my understanding that she told her co-workers and family that she was not pregnant, even when asked. She had worked for the company for awhile, then she left the state for awhile, when she came back and started working for the company again, she was obviously pregnant but told her co-workers she was not.

She does not have a criminal record. Her only record was when she got in a car accident and did not have insurance.

Since I am not verified yet, I can't go into any more details and I am not sure just how much I can say about this.

WHY?? I just don't understand why this happens. It seems to be happening more and more frequently with so many young mothers. It's as if the child/children are simply trash that can be discarded and forgotten about, a mere inconvenience. A weed or growth that the mother needs to be ridden of quickly. Children are not trash, they are tiny, precious human beings worthy of love and protection. All too often, it seems they are betrayed by the ones who are supposed to love and protect them the most. I just don't get it. This has got to stop... Safe haven laws exist for a reason, so many people cannot have children and would have loved those babies with everything inside of them. There has to be a reason these mothers think they can get away with horrendous stuff like this.. There needs to be a no tolerance attitude toward and stricter punishment for such vile crimes as these. Perhaps then they will get the message :furious:
JMO

Rest in Peace little angels..

It's almost as if we need a program to tell girls - pregnancy does not equal motherhood. You can give the baby up for adoption but KILLING IS WRONG. You'd think they would know this, but it seems they go into some denial and then refuse to face reality, even if it means killing. I don't understand it. It seems like spoiled brat behavior or something but it has to be a combination of factors. SO SAD. Many people want to have babies to love.

I watched Nancy Grace cover it tonight and was mortified. To know there was a safe-haven less than a mile from her home just broke my heart. This wasn't a kid, she was a grown woman who has enough common sense to know you don't birth then kill your precious babies.

And I don't wanna hear about mental issues, post partum carp, or anything else. There's NO excuse for this!

I do hope she spends the rest of her life in jail. I have absolutely NO sympathy!!

MOO

Mel

This case is going to wind up being a dog's breakfast. Some high profile lawyer will take this case and it will end up a media fest. By the time it comes to trial,if it ever does, this woman will have become the 'victim'. What about the baby girls? :(

This case is going to wind up being a dog's breakfast. Some high profile lawyer will take this case and it will end up a media fest. By the time it comes to trial,if it ever does, this woman will have become the 'victim'. What about the baby girls? :(

That's the way it works nowadays. Just like that friend of Joran's who was on Nancy Grace trying to make Joran the victim. When did it become alright to even go down that road.

I see this happening to. Oh, she's the victim, she has a mental issue, she's depressed, blah blah blah.

Nope - don't want to hear it!! Hang her already!!

MOO

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong