GUILTY UK - Declan Hainey, 1, found mummified in his cot, Paisley, Renfrewshire, March 2010

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
Inside the house of squalor where body of murdered toddler was left to rot in cot for EIGHT MONTHS

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 6:20 PM on 11th January 2012

Photographs of the rubbish-strewn home where the body of a toddler murdered by his mother was found have been released by prosecutors.

Kimberley Hainey, 37, was last month found guilty by a majority verdict of murdering her son Declan at a flat in Paisley, Renfrewshire.

She was also convicted of failing to report Declan’s death to police or other authorities and of concealing his body in the flat while pretending he was alive for eight months.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...House-horror-baby-son-died.html#ixzz1jBA0lEgB

There are some horrible photos of the house. Not for the faint of heart or stomach.

This is about 20mins drive from where I live. The photos are just vile how anyone could live like that with a child is disgusting and to leave him there for 8MONTHS??? I'm in tears reading the article and seeing those photos.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

"Mum" must have gone to some effort to get food, cigs and drinks for herself yet isn't able to give the most basic care to her helpless child :furious:

Those photos should come with a warning to not view after meals. That was horrible. That is not someone that doesn't know how to clean, that is not the effect of poverty, that is evidence of the deepest mental illness I have ever seen.

Not that I am letting her off the hook, but even people that are just lazy don't live like that. When I was fifteen and had bigger concerns than cleaning my house, it never looked like that.

I'm sorry, I'm not up on this case, bud did anyone ever say what caused Declan's death? Is is possible this "person" was so mentally ill that she did't fully realize he was dead? How did someone not notice the smell, not just of a decomposing body, but of the general level of filth.

I have to go do laundry or wash dishes or something now. And shower. Those pictures gave me heaves. I've seen some ungodly, unliveable conditions, and that's worse than anything I have ever seen.

except for the dead child this is no different than the numerous shows of Hoarders, Hoarders Buried Alive, etc. that i have been watching on my free trial of Netflix this month.

I notice that the furniture all looks fairly new and the nursery furniture all matches. To me, that says one of two things...either she took great care of and pride in her surroundings at one time and later had some sort of break with reality, or that there were people who knew she was useless so they rallied to make sure she and the baby had a nice start and then they just obviously didn't follow through. I wonder which it is.

At every apartment I have ever rented, the landlord made atleast a yearly inspection, if nothing else to make sure the smoke detectors were still in working order. Such an inspection would have uncovered this and the landlord could have contacted the appropriate child advocate services. The neighbors had to have known something was not right by her behavior, bad smells from the apartment, lack of hygiene, etc.

I feel mental illness played a huge role here.

The defence counsel is questioning the bio father, David Gibson. He, the father doesn't even know the child's birthdate nor did he care one wit about the child. The snipped bit is where she cries.

Snipped: Mr Targowski then said: “Miss Hainey wasn’t a high priority either, was she?”

Mr Gibson replied: “No, she wasn’t.”

Hainey sobbed in the dock as Mr Gibson said this.

It seems she started out as a new mother doing just fine. New furniture, clothes for the baby - then BAM! went right down the tubes - became totally indifferent to him. And to her own life.

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.u...ed-nothing-to-do-with-his-son-87085-29756002/

She got 15years sentenced today as far as I know.

She deserves alot more but she will get what she deserves in the prison she is going to there are many stories that the guards turn a blind eye to certain things which IMO she deserves.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/01/12/kimberley-hainey-jailed-for-at-least-15-years-for-murder-of-toddler-son-declan-86908-23695938/
First pictures of Declan Hainey – as his mother Kimberley gets at least 15 years for his murder
THIS is little Declan Hainey – the toddler murdered by his mother Kimberley, who was sentenced today to a minimum of 15 years for killing him and concealing and his body.

The first pictures of Declan for publication were released tonight by the Crown Office, the day after they issued photos of the rubbish-strewn home where he lived.
(Snip)

Article with a little more information on what mommy was doing
http://www.centralnannies.net/kimberley-hainey-jailed-for-murdering-son-declan/
(snip)
During her trial, the court heard that Hainey, a heroin addict, was placed on a methadone programme after the birth of Declan and at first appeared to be doing well.

But she was lying to her family, her neighbours and welfare authorities, going out without Declan, and claiming he was at nursery or staying with relatives or friends.

Hainey was, in fact, out enjoying herself, taking drink and drugs and seeing men. her son was left alone during this time without food or water.

After Declan was dead, Hainey sold his clothes and toys to buy heroin. She left his body in the cot in his bedroom and left him to rot.

His favourite cuddly toy was dumped in a playpen under a pile of rubbish.

Body ‘mummified’

At Declan's funeral Hainey had a wreath with "Mummy's little angel" put on his coffin.

The cause of the child's death is not known. He is said to have been last seen alive when he was 15 months old.
(snip)

At every apartment I have ever rented, the landlord made atleast a yearly inspection, if nothing else to make sure the smoke detectors were still in working order. Such an inspection would have uncovered this and the landlord could have contacted the appropriate child advocate services. The neighbors had to have known something was not right by her behavior, bad smells from the apartment, lack of hygiene, etc.

I feel mental illness played a huge role here.

I think so too. It's so sad this little one fell through the social cracks - it seems neighbors or family or as some have said, social service agencies should have had this mother in their sights.

declanhainey1-757870514.jpg

I don't understand why nobody checked on his welfare with the mother in a methadone program.

The home looks like the neighbors would complain daily about an awful stink.

I get upset about every case like this but this one is just too close to home for me. Can't believe people let this happen...

I mean if my mum or any other family member or friend hadn't seen my son or daughter or had concerns about their welfare they'd be on it like a fly to a pile of dung lmao!

This was the front page of our newspaper today couldn't even read the story inside cause it infuriates me so much.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326478085272.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326478085272.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 17

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads