CA - Polly Beltramo for pinching children, Mountain View, 2012

Nefriahaia

Inactive
Reaction score
How utterly bizarre. Obviously someone with severe mental issues. Glad they caught her.

Her maiden/or middle name is "Fang".

The mom seemed quite traumatized? Ya think?

Wasn't there a very similar case not too long ago? I remember seeing footage of a woman in court and there were a handful of parents of victims in the courtroom who were interviewed after her hearing. Does anyone else remember this?!

I did a quick Google search and couldn't find it but did find another case of a woman biting a baby-- http://www.kpax.com/news/butte-woman-sentenced-for-biting-baby/

Major mental issues.

Wasn't there a very similar case not too long ago? I remember seeing footage of a woman in court and there were a handful of parents of victims in the courtroom who were interviewed after her hearing. Does anyone else remember this?!

I did a quick Google search and couldn't find it but did find another case of a woman biting a baby-- http://www.kpax.com/news/butte-woman-sentenced-for-biting-baby/

Major mental issues.

There was a case recently of a woman scratching babies.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/jan/25/la-jolla-woman-who-scratched-babies-gets-jail-term/

Cookbook aisle? (Sorry, could not resist.) Horrible story, hope she's not released till she gets the help she needs.

Some random person ever bites my kid, it's going to be pretty easy to find them. They'll be the ones with the bleeding mouth and all the missing teeth.

I'm glad the kids are going to be okay, and I hope there are no scars, especially to the little one that got bitten on the face.

I agree that this woman needs some help, I hope she gets it, but I also hope that if this was drug related, instead of mental illness related, that she gets the book(store) thrown at her.

O.K. folks she "only" pinched the kids. Pinched them hard enough to draw blood and bruise them.

The biting came via the little girl who was sitting at a children's table. Mom was loooking at books while the baby was in his carrier right next to mom. When mom turned her attention to her daughter this woman then bent down and pinched the baby.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19739514?source=rss

Polly there gave a reason to which we haven't found out yet.

Trusting by her mugshot and that she split to Starbucks after hurting the kids I wouldn't want to fight her. Then again someone touches your kids if not for all the chaos I side with NMK. Polly would need herself a Dentist.

O.K. folks she "only" pinched the kids. Pinched them hard enough to draw blood and bruise them.

The biting came via the little girl who was sitting at a children's table. Mom was loooking at books while the baby was in his carrier right next to mom. When mom turned her attention to her daughter this woman then bent down and pinched the baby.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19739514?source=rss

Polly there gave a reason to which we haven't found out yet.

Trusting by her mugshot and that she split to Starbucks after hurting the kids I wouldn't want to fight her. Then again someone touches your kids if not for all the chaos I side with NMK. Polly would need herself a Dentist.

I agree with Filly and NMK (medical help would have to be summoned)....I have always been a protective Mother and now that I have the Grandbabies that protective instinct is 1000 times worse. As much as I hate not being charming and using my manners as my Mother taught me, we are not living in a polite and manner filled society anymore and I am adjusting. When we have the Babies out shopping, no one comes close to our basket, no one touches the babies, if someone is admiring the babies and looks as if they are about to touch, I simply say, don't touch....and smile. There will never be a time that while with me, that any one of my Grands with be sitting alone at a table in the children's section of a bookstore.

Human bites can be nasty because of bacteria, so it's good that these children were apparently not bitten.

How bizarre! And that there's been two accounts of this behavior in the news, blows my mind.

Glad the response was swift-- but really makes me wonder how long they got away with doing such a thing in private, because surely these public acts were an escalation. Creepy, sneaky, monster ladies. :eek:

yeah, I admit it, I'm mean. I know that violence is not the answer, but if someone were walking around biting children, knocking their teeth out would not be as much simple violence as it would be societal protection. :) That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

By the way, if they weren't bitten, I'm very glad. Not that I'd be happier about a stranger pinching my kid, but as least there's less physical risk.

yeah, I admit it, I'm mean. I know that violence is not the answer, but if someone were walking around biting children, knocking their teeth out would not be as much simple violence as it would be societal protection. :) That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

By the way, if they weren't bitten, I'm very glad. Not that I'd be happier about a stranger pinching my kid, but as least there's less physical risk.

Go Get 'em Girlfriend! I'd do the same thing! Nobody messes with my kid. Okay, she's 23 and can take care of herself, but I still feel that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back