Police searching Sunday for Lisa

DeAnn

Reaction score
I think this is the first major police search since her first birthday on Nov. 11.

Boy, I would love to know what this means and what led to this. I'm also thrilled that they are searching for her.

Now it's unseasonably warm today in KC for mid-January so will make it easier for the authorities.

I don't think news choppers are going up today because it is a Sunday so won't have those photos, unfortunately :(

I'm sorta surprised that the cops acknowledged this but maybe it's a large enough search that people would be calling news organizations anyway asking what's up. But they are saying little beyond there's a search, which I think came a day after a volunteer one.

It won't be the day's major news story in KC. That is that the manhunt continues for those who opened fire in a suburban mall, injuring two.

Still very encouraging news. I pray daily for a resolution to this heartbreaking story.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16523636/search-teams-continue-to-scour-area-for-missing-lisa-irwin

Is this the general area where the man with salt and pepper hair was seen at 4 am by the motorcycle man?

Is this the general area where the man with salt and pepper hair was seen at 4 am by the motorcycle man?

If you look at the map the "Waffle house" is quite away from where motorcycle man claimed to have seen someone. But I am not sure what you mean by "general area?" It's not the same area of the map, but all the searches have been carried out in the "general area" of where she supposedly went missing from her home.

Are the police and the volunteers searching in the same place? Together?

I hope something specific led them here and Lisa is found soon and the person(s) responsible are brought to justice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Are the police and the volunteers searching in the same place? Together?

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...e-volunteers-launch-new-search-for-Lisa-Irwin

More than three months after baby Lisa Irwin disappeared, volunteers launched a new search for missing girl Sunday morning.

The search is ongoing near Parvin Road and Brighton. The area was searched in 2011, after Irwin’s disappearance.

Police have not conducted a major search effort since mid-November.

About 10-15 volunteers assembled Sunday morning for the search.

http://fox4kc.com/2012/01/15/volunteers ... on-sunday/
Volunteers Search for Baby Lisa on Sunday

--video @ link--

Concerned citizens continue to search for the baby
. Over a dozen people searched an area near I-35 & Chouteau on Sunday.

“We are searching for clues for baby Lisa so we can bring her home safely,” said one volunteer named Edith.

Most of the search party wore boots and carried large sticks to aid their search. The terrain has changed a lot in the weeks since police last searched the area.

“At that point when they were searching, there was a lot more vegetation,” said a volunteer named Shelly.

It’s a long shot and each of the dedicated searchers realize that, but there’s something about Lisa Irwin that has drawn them together.

Oh, I do so hope these searchers find something to bring Lisa home. This is the case that brought me to WS, and I pray for closure.

here's my post moved over from the other thread:

435 and Parvin is also where the volunteer search group is meeting today, they have had 3-4 searches and it is my understanding that they always meet at the Waffle House.

http://www.facebook.com/events/289479487765814/

OK. This is just too weird to not post even though I don't necessarily think that I'm psychic or something along those lines. During the Casey Anthony trial, some WSers talked about meeting at the Waffle House in Lawrence, MI. Someone called it a "rogue" WH because it is not part of the national chain but looks similar and has a similar menu.

Fast forward. DH "surprised" me with tickets to the ballet in Chicago in March. He knows that I am not comfortable on long car trips and has been looking into our taking the train. Just this past Friday when discussing our travel options, I said that "if we decide to drive, we could stop at the "rogue" Waffle House in Lawrence en route to Chi-town!"

Could be that the Waffle House meeting this weekend will be significant in the search for Baby Lisa. On the other foot, it could mean absolutely nothing :crazy: jmo

OK. This is just too weird to not post even though I don't necessarily think that I'm psychic or something along those lines. During the Casey Anthony trial, some WSers talked about meeting at the Waffle House in Lawrence, MI. Someone called it a "rogue" WH because it is not part of the national chain but looks similar and has a similar menu.

Fast forward. DH "surprised" me with tickets to the ballet in Chicago in March. He knows that I am not comfortable on long car trips and has been looking into our taking the train. Just this past Friday when discussing our travel options, I said that "if we decide to drive, we could stop at the "rogue" Waffle House in Lawrence en route to Chi-town!"

Could be that the Waffle House meeting this weekend will be significant in the search for Baby Lisa. On the other foot, it could mean absolutely nothing :crazy: jmo

I'm not sure what significance the Waffle House has in this case, but if you stop at the one in Lawrence MI, I hope your experience is a good one.

Just FYI: The restaurant in Lawrence, Michigan is named, "Waffle House of America", and it is a totally different establishment than the "Waffle House" restaurants. I don't believe that the menus are similar, or the decor, either. It is purely coincidental that their names are similar. For example, the "Waffle House of America" features a train and a salad bar unlike the "Waffle House" restaurants.

That's where MW went early hours of the morning Lisa "went missing" what she has to do with this I don't know but her story has changed slightly when it comes to the call her cell received and what she did that night.JMO

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Just FYI: The restaurant in Lawrence, Michigan is named, "Waffle House of America", and it is a totally different establishment than the "Waffle House" restaurants. I don't believe that the menus are similar, or the decor, either. It is purely coincidental that their names are similar. For example, the "Waffle House of America" features a train and a salad bar unlike the "Waffle House" restaurants.

Haven't been to either for many years, but the restaurant in Lawrence was a typical truck-stop diner then, and we'd also been to the other place. We've made many trips to Chicago over the past 40+ years and often stopped in Lawrence. Both WFs serve fantastic breakfasts :)

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...sa-irwin-volunteer-only-not-police-affiliated

article by Isabelle Zehnder, WS approved author.

When asked to confirm that a police search took place over the weekend, as reported Monday, Kansas City Police Captain Steve Young said, "There was an all volunteer search this weekend; not affiliated with the pd."

Capt. Young said they continue to follow all worthwhile leads as they come in on the case. "Some are better than others and as you know, none have produced anything."

Is the parents doing anything at all? Are they still just hiding?

Once again the media had it wrong. LE did not search. The search was by the same individuals who have been meeting several times to look over areas. They have met at Waffle House on these occasions. They have a facebook page where they state when they are meeting. Edith is involved in these searches.

Hello In da Middle! Glad to see you back, I missed your posts. Hope you have been well. :)

Sorry, O/T ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back