CA CA - Linda Sohus, 28, San Marino, 8 February 1985

Why did this seemingly respectable woman, a partner in a global management consulting firm based in London, get hooked-up this guy anyway? And, why would courts award him visitation rights when he refused to give any info about himself? One article says he paid $430,000 IN CASH for property. Where did he get this money?

Authorities may find out his "mystery life" after matching those fingerprints to the California slaying. He apparently was a good sociopath to pull everything off for this long.

Here's another good link.........this morning.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...g_to_Hub_for_arraignment/srvc=home&position=0

WOW.......since this guy's going to prison anyway, he might as well confess the LA slaying! I have no doubt that his guy has a 'major' past. We'll find out eventually.

THanks for posting this thread Copoly!

EDITING .
I'll bet LE will find a lot more illegal things this guy has pulled off.........not just the LA killing.

xxxxxxxxxxoo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

L.A. cops probe possible link between body and Rockefeller
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...e_possible_link_between_body_and_Rockefeller/

Any locals know of this?

I don't think Linda's body was found but the guy who lived behind the house was possibly a German man; Christian Gerhardt or something like that. No one was ever certain that Linda was with him or if she is dead as well. Someone did collect Linda's cats from a boarding place after they went missing but Linda's family never heard from her again.

"Rockafeller" fits the size of the guy they were looking for and that same guy did try to sell John Sohus's truck in Connecticut. The Sohus family was pretty well off, I think the adoptive father raced cars or boats. The mom was very social and you would think that well connected they were that they would have moved heaven and earth to look for the missing couple.

Bringing Reann's post over from the Amber Alert Forum (the highlight was mine)
Thanks Reann!

Reannan

Knoxx, that sitcomsonline link was interesting. If that is the unsolved murder case that is going to get linked to our "Clark", then this is going to be fascinating. The case involves the unsolved disappearance of a Jonathan Sohus and his wife Linda (maiden name of Mayfield??) who disappeared from their home in San Marino, California in 1985. Some family members were told that they were going to be travelling to work on some "secret government mission". There was another man involved who is also a missing person, and probably the one LE thinks has now been found in the person of "Clark". In 1985, the missing person was named Christopher Chichester and claimed to be from Germany. Notice the last name of "Chichester" is a homophone (words that sound alike but are spelled differently) for "Shyster". Anyway, this Chichester guy tried to sell the truck of Jonathan Sohus in Connecticut a few months after they disappeared. Postcards from Europe were received by family members from Linda for a while, but then nothing - no phone calls, and no further communication. In 1994, the house that Jonathan and Linda had lived in was undergoing some construction in the backyard by the current owners, and the bones of an adult male were found buried in three plastic bags. The bones are generally believed to be those of Jonathan. So....did Chichester murder Jonathan and Linda? Did Linda or Chichester murder Jonathan and then both of them run off to Europe for a while? Where the heck is Steve Huff. We need him on this case!!!!

I posted some links on the other thread, this guy has spent a lot of time establishing some other names/personalities and quite likely planned the kidnap well in advance.

His attorney is now saying that he can't kidnap his own child. The guy gave up custody for money. He's the non-custodial parent and he violated the visitation. The attorney should be smacked for putting that kind of bs out there.

I don't think Linda's body was found but the guy who lived behind the house was possibly a German man; Christian Gerhardt or something like that. No one was ever certain that Linda was with him or if she is dead as well. Someone did collect Linda's cats from a boarding place after they went missing but Linda's family never heard from her again.

"Rockafeller" fits the size of the guy they were looking for and that same guy did try to sell John Sohus's truck in Connecticut. The Sohus family was pretty well off, I think the adoptive father raced cars or boats. The mom was very social and you would think that well connected they were that they would have moved heaven and earth to look for the missing couple.

So Rockefeller would have been about 23? It says the bones were found in 1994 yet have not been officially identified as John Sohus. I take it that between the technology not being advanced enough at that time re DNA and his being adopted played a factor in lack of identification. Do you know mch about Linda's family?

Thanks.

Thank you MollyMalone for coming on over here.

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_10104702
A man named Christopher Chichester was living in a back house at the time of the couple's disappearance, officials said. He was sought in connection with the case. At the time Chichester was described as using several aliases including Christopher Crowe, Chris Chichester, Christopher Crowe Mount Batten. He was described as 5 feet 8 inches 150 to 160 pounds with a slight frame, fair and thinning hair.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Homicide Investigators said at the that Chichester was a con man who often "Surfaces in affluent neighborhoods and mingles in social circles by making friends with wealthy influential people. "He often volunteers for good causes like raising money for charity," a sheriff's press release said at the time. Crime Scene Blog

:blowkiss: I think starting a thread here was a good idea since the case has changed from Amber Alert to a criminal investigation.

You all are so impressive here! The information you obtain so quickly is amazing.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=90265
Found this here: Christopher Chichester is a pseudonym for Christian Gerhard Streider a German citizen who is considered a suspect in the disappearance of John and Linda Sohos.

There's a very long post about Linda Mayfield before and after she married John Sohus.
and this:

Dowell showed me the bones, explained where they were from and described the diffiiculty in confirming their identity. Apparently there was a Tongva Indian burial site near the location and early int he investigation there was some question if the bones were related to that or to the case of a couple who went missing in 1985. The couple was identified as John and Linda Sohus.

Then, in 2003, while working on a book about the coroner's office, I returned to Dowell's office and specifically asked him about the San Marino pool bones. He retrieved them and explained that they were likely of a recent vintage, but identifying how exactly the male died would be difficult. Why? Apparently the backhoe used in the pool excavation had destroyed the skull sufficiently that determining a cause of death would be nearly impossible.

You all are so impressive here! The information you obtain so quickly is amazing.
A lot of us use Google! That and the various news sites. There's a lot of websites out there that may have covered the case back then too. :)

For the most part his alias's seem to be associated with names one would find in high society, thus giving him a certain "cache" and entry into said society. People would think that he was associated with a specific family and not pry further. You'd think though that anyone with a modicum of sense would do a little bit of discrete checking with someone in those families before accepting him at face value.

Thanks Capoly for the road map!!!!duhhhh, oh well!!!!

Maybe we ought to bring some of the info over here, I have no idea how to do it, am sure I could learn a hurry..

Knoxx, just copy and paste what you posted there over to here.

This link has the long article about Linda Mayfiled Sohus that was posted on the other link. It also has a synopsis of the Unsolved Mysteries. (It's much easier to read.)

http://pip-r-lagenta.livejournal.com/6513.html
Unsolved Mysteries
John’s alcoholic mother, Didi, had claimed that John and Linda’s former tenant Christopher Chichester was providing her with exclusive information that John and Linda were on a top secret “mission”. Then just as mysteriously Chichester broke off contact and he too vanished.

Thanks Mollymalone...what all do you think we should bring over?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back