Will the WM3 ever be pardoned?

JBounds

I feel lucky
Reaction score
Do you think the WM3 will ever be pardoned by the State of Arkansas or the President? Any President after Obama?

Was thinking about this today and I know Gov. Mike BeeBe won't grant one unless, according to him they show compelling evidence they didn't do it. Which shows which side he is on, imo. So by the time they are done with their unsupervised probation Mike won't even be Gov. anymore. In fact long before the probation is over with he won't even be Gov.

I'm not going to attempt to predict the future, but I do know that they can't be given a Presidential pardon. Those can only be given to people convicted of a federal crime, so the WM3 wouldn't be eligible for one.

You're right about the President. I'm half a sleep right now. I'm going to say they won't be pardoned because if the State admits they were wrong then that brings on all kinds of things.

Considering all the new information that just came out (new witnesses and fiber matches), I don't think they'll be pardoned; I think they'll be exonerated.

Considering all the new information that just came out (new witnesses and fiber matches), I don't think they'll be pardoned; I think they'll be exonerated.

I hope you're right, because it'll be a cold day in Hell before any Arkansas governor pardons Echols, Baldwin or Misskelley. Look at how hot passions still run among those who believe those young men to be guilty.

There's no way a politician is going to take on that rage, particularly not when the men in question are already out of prison.

And yet the Governor of Mississippi can hand out pardons willy nilly to any prisoner who's mowed his lawn. Seems crazy to me.

I hope you're right, because it'll be a cold day in Hell before any Arkansas governor pardons Echols, Baldwin or Misskelley. Look at how hot passions still run among those who believe those young men to be guilty.

There's no way a politician is going to take on that rage, particularly not when the men in question are already out of prison.

Yep, Nova you are so right. Gov. Beebe has already went on record saying he won't pardon them unless someone else is convicted. I also think that Gov. Beebe doesn't want to have the reputation that former Gov. Mike Huckabee has, since Huckabee pardoned the man who went to Washington state and killed four police officers. I am not saying that Echols, Baldwin, or Misskelley would go kill anyone, I am just saying Gov. Beebe isn't going to be put in that position. I hope that makes sense....LOL

As for the governor of Mississippi, I have no idea what he was thinking!!!!

Yep, Nova you are so right. Gov. Beebe has already went on record saying he won't pardon them unless someone else is convicted. I also think that Gov. Beebe doesn't want to have the reputation that former Gov. Mike Huckabee has, since Huckabee pardoned the man who went to Washington state and killed four police officers. I am not saying that Echols, Baldwin, or Misskelley would go kill anyone, I am just saying Gov. Beebe isn't going to be put in that position. I hope that makes sense....LOL

As for the governor of Mississippi, I have no idea what he was thinking!!!!

I bow to the opinion of the lady from Arkansas! She knows whereof she speaks!

i believe they will NEVER be pardoned OR exonerated. and personally, i believe that is correct. IMO, they belong back behind bars.

Ellington is asking for more information before he makes a decision. I just don't know if he got the fiber results or if that testing came back after they originally sent him the package. Again, time will tell. I hate this waiting game, but I have no choice. I'm hopeful that, when Ellington gets all the information, he'll reopen the case and investigate Terry Hobbs.

Ellington is asking for more information before he makes a decision. I just don't know if he got the fiber results or if that testing came back after they originally sent him the package. Again, time will tell. I hate this waiting game, but I have no choice. I'm hopeful that, when Ellington gets all the information, he'll reopen the case and investigate Terry Hobbs.

I don't think Gov. Beebe will pardon the WMFree until someone else is convicted and behind bars, no matter what Ellington recommends. But, I am hopeful that Ellington will do the right thing and at least investigates Terry Hobbs. We can be hopeful, right???

After their ten years of unsupervised probation. Beebe won't even be Governor anymore. So it will be curious on what the next Gov says, but of course by then someone else could be convicted for the crimes. Which is a possibility.

I will go so far as to say that someone else being convicted is a probability. I just hope it doesn't take another 18 years!

After their ten years of unsupervised probation. Beebe won't even be Governor anymore. So it will be curious on what the next Gov says, but of course by then someone else could be convicted for the crimes. Which is a possibility.

I am hopeful that they won't have to serve their whole ten year probation sentence. I hope that someone else is convicted long before then!

I will go so far as to say that someone else being convicted is a probability. I just hope it doesn't take another 18 years!

I think you are probably right CR.

I had rather got the impression that the tide in Arkansas was turning and that there is hope that reason and sanity will eventually prevail!

News247 If you feel that way, having thought through all the evidence and trial transcripts etcetera, then you must feel very badly let down by the authorities who were prepared to not only release two men, sentenced to life +, for time served but also for doing the same to someone on Death Row. Were I to have been perching on the fence over this case then the Alford Pleas would have made any doubts I might hae had go right out the window.

Forget the mistake Huckabee made over that pardon during his tenure, this could rebound on the State's whole judicial system if they really were child killers.

When political expediency and 'popularity polls' can trump Justice then it is obvious that something is not quite right. We just have to hope and pray that someone of high integrity has the moral courage to admit that the state, led by Burnett, Fogelman and Davis, made a ghastly error of judgement. I am hoping that Prosecutor Scott Ellington emerges as 'that someone'.

This case is never going to go away now. Even if someone else is investigated, charged and convicted, it will still stand as a prime example of what can go so very wrong when incompetent police, sanctimonious ambitious judges and DA's who aspire to be judges all converge on one case. The arrogance of the latter is staggering and very frightening.

Meanwhile, patience is needed, hard though it is!

Miranda

I had rather got the impression that the tide in Arkansas was turning and that there is hope that reason and sanity will eventually prevail!....

I hope you are right, Miranda! But I fear that now that the defendants are out of jail, the public pressure to pardon them will lose its steam. Meanwhile, those who believe the WM3 to be guilty remain as outraged as ever.

That's not a political equation that encourages a pardon, though I suppose it's always possible that some governor will issue pardons on his way out the door, just because he believes it's the right thing to do.

In the meantime, convicting someone else for the murders will be difficult as long as the WM3's Alford pleas remain valid. Yes, we all know why they took the pleas (and I for one don't blame them one bit); but we see plenty of people insisting *they* would never plead guilty to something they didn't do.

I hope you are right, Miranda! But I fear that now that the defendants are out of jail, the public pressure to pardon them will lose its steam. Meanwhile, those who believe the WM3 to be guilty remain as outraged as ever.

That's not a political equation that encourages a pardon, though I suppose it's always possible that some governor will issue pardons on his way out the door, just because he believes it's the right thing to do.

In the meantime, convicting someone else for the murders will be difficult as long as the WM3's Alford pleas remain valid. Yes, we all know why they took the pleas (and I for one don't blame them one bit); but we see plenty of people insisting *they* would never plead guilty to something they didn't do.

Over at the Blackboard, people are still pretty fired up about getting the three exonerated and the guilty party incarcerated. That might not be all supporters, but the Blackboard and wm3.org and a few other supporter sites still seem to be working for true closure in this case. Those sites do have a few pretty vocal people, too.

As to the fools that believe that because they took the Alford pleas it means they are guilty, those people (well, at least most of them) believed Jessie's stories, too. I just don't think that most of them are cooking on all burners, if you know what I mean. As I've said before, I'm confident that the three will be exonerated. I just hope it doesn't take another 18 years.

Do you think the WM3 will ever be pardoned by the State of Arkansas or the President? Any President after Obama?

Was thinking about this today and I know Gov. Mike BeeBe won't grant one unless, according to him they show compelling evidence they didn't do it. Which shows which side he is on, imo. So by the time they are done with their unsupervised probation Mike won't even be Gov. anymore. In fact long before the probation is over with he won't even be Gov.

JBounds,
Only if new compelling evidence is discovered, otherwise I'll bet everyone involved hopes it goes away soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back