NC NC - Nicholas Loris, 6, Forsyth County, 21 Feb 1987

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Her nightmare is over: Mother who spent 25 years as prime suspect in murder
of son, 6, is finally cleared as police reveal little Nicholas was killed by pack of dogs

An apparent murder case which remained unsolved for nearly 25 years has been closed after investigators concluded that a six-year-old boy was killed by a pack of dogs in a tragic accident.

The resolution of the investigation into Nicholas Loris' death has brought his mother's decades-long nightmare to an end, as she was the only suspect in her son's supposed killing.

Elizabeth Watkins' torment since Nicholas' 1987 death was increased by the collapse of her relationship with her other son, who has been estranged from her since the horrific incident.

The case was twice investigated and then closed, but a new investigation from the FBI and North Carolina police used cutting-edge technology to determine that Nicholas could have been strangled by animals, not by a human.
---
the rest of the story, with pictures, at Daily Mail link above

I'm glad for her, but it must be a hollow victory. She still lived under the suspicion for 25 years, she lost not just one son, but essentially two.

it's like people that are exonerated posthumously. Good for them...well, maybe not. It's good for the rest of us, because now we know, but for this poor woman, it couldn't be much different than if she had spent 25 years in prison. The outcome would have been about the same for her life.

Oh my. This poor, dear woman. I can't even imagine the hell she has been through. And to lose her other son as well is just heartbreaking.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back