OH - Father locked daughter in cage, photos made it to Facebook

He's a charming example of father hood, isn't he? Makes me wonder what happened in that house in all the years before this...one does not just wake up one morning and decided to terrorize their kid(s).

Boy, that sure was a funny joke. NOT! How many times have we heard the "it was a joke" excuse for abusive parental behavior? Sorry, not buying.

Attorney: Dad Binding Girl, Putting Her In Cage Was 'Joke'

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/30256316/detail.html#ixzz1k1l0savv

Wow. I don't have sound, but dads body language in that video appeared to me that he was both having a hard time containing his anger at being there and really did not appreciate the seriousness of the (alleged) crimes against his daughter. If this is dads idea of horseplay, I'd hate to see his idea of discipline.

I hope none of his children have to be unsupervised around him ever again. I feel sorry for both his kids and the grandmother (who I will assume is his mom) had to live with. I hope they are all able to get away from him and his abuse.

Obviously this happened in front of the grandmother as well as the brother... sick, sick stuff...

http://www.fox19.com/story/16562197/police-dad-locked-daughter-in-cage-for-punishment?hpt=ju_bn5

James Tapke, 41, is charged with one count of endangering children.

restrained his daughter's hands and feet using duct tape, locked her in a large dog cage. dropped small amounts of water on her face

had his son get an electrical jumper pack from the garage and threatened to electrify the cage

Tapke's son took pictures of the incident and posted them on Facebook.

I was thinking-I am so glad Facebook exists. These not so 'parenting' parents take pics of the stupid or cruel things they do, and post them on Facebook. Thus, they are found out, punished (sometimes) and the children are removed from their care. How many of these cases would go undetected or never stopped without Facebook?

(snip)

Today in court, Tapke's lawyer told the judge that his client was just joking around, and he believes the Facebook photos will prove that case. The prosecutor asked the judge to double Tapke's bond to show the seriousness of the allegation. The judge agreed-and now Tapke is held on $50,000.

During the arraignment, Tapke shook his head, muttered profanities under his breath and then made an obscene gesture at the cameras when he left.

Tapke's daughter and son are with their mother at this time while he remains behind bars.

BBM

http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...-Dog-Cage-Says-It/AwOHQBbczUGxrVDElLB4ng.cspx

I hope the kids are still with mom. I would fight in court to deny him any contact with his kids. He has already partly created a future battered wife and an abusive husband and father. These kids need some excellent therapists to work with. And the sperm donor should pay for it. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back