I've got a question about Fleet White

ssiegmund

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Fleet White say he saw the ransom letter through a window and realized what it was and then ran around to the front of the house? If so, does that make sense? You're passing by a window at somebody's house and you see some papers lying on the stairs. In the first place, would you really put your face up to the glass and read the papers? and in the second place, would he really be able to tell it was a ransom note, it was so long, and he had to have been several feet away from it?

Hey ssiegmund,

It was actually John Fernie. Have a look at this thread starting at post 14.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94059"]Right, shut your face and do as I tell you - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hey ssiegmund,

It was actually John Fernie. Have a look at this thread starting at post 14.
Right, shut your face and do as I tell you - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Not to mention that the note would have been already given to Officer French by the time Fernie got to the house. Unless, of course, he was called in the wee hours BEFORE the 6 am 911 call. Could he have been one of the "cleaners" many people think may have been called in to help after the "accident"?
I also think the stairs he was referring to having seen the note on may not be the stairs they were allegedly left on. I'd have to co back and find a plan of the house showing the stairs near the Butler's Pantry, which was the glass door Fernie claimed to have looked through.

Not to mention that the note would have been already given to Officer French by the time Fernie got to the house. Unless, of course, he was called in the wee hours BEFORE the 6 am 911 call. Could he have been one of the "cleaners" many people think may have been called in to help after the "accident"?
Fernie’s comments are bizarre. He was either a habitual liar or looking for some sort of inflated sense of importance by trying to inject himself into the case, or there was some sort of sinister reason.
I also think the stairs he was referring to having seen the note on may not be the stairs they were allegedly left on. I'd have to co back and find a plan of the house showing the stairs near the Butler's Pantry, which was the glass door Fernie claimed to have looked through.
It is definitely the south door, and he would have only been able to see the spiral staircase - I have the floor plans and some more info in the thread I referenced:
See posts 14, 17, 20, 24, 29, 36, 37, and 46 @ [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94059"]Right, shut your face and do as I tell you - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

John Fernie: "I drove my car into the -- up the alley and parked in the back of your house, and went around to the patio door, which was a glass door leading into the kitchen and back of the house, and didn't see anybody, but saw a piece of paper laying on the floor. Looked at that. It was facing the other direction. Read it. And after the first few lines realized something very strange was happening. And so I ran around to the front of the house and knocked on the door and was let in."
John Fernie: "I didn't pick it up. It was inside the door and I was outside. The door was locked. I read it through the door."
John Fernie: "Fleet and Priscilla White were there when I arrived. And my wife came shortly thereafter. And our -- Overstock, our priest, came afterwards as well."
John Fernie: "My recollection is that later in the day, when we were waiting for phone calls from the supposed kidnappers, we were sitting in the back room with a detective and trying to figure out what the note meant. And there was a copy of the note. I don't know if it was the note, or a copy of the note, actually."
2001 June 13 - Transcript Testimony of John Fernie - Colorado vs Miller trial

Right off - the note was said by Patsy to be on the stairs, not on the floor. And there were three pages, not one. Sounds fishy to me.

Right off - the note was said by Patsy to be on the stairs, not on the floor. And there were three pages, not one. Sounds fishy to me.
He was definitely a good candidate for a lengthy police interview, I don’t imagine he would have fared well.

He was definitely a good candidate for a lengthy police interview, I don’t imagine he would have fared well.

I'd love to be able to read the transcripts of all the interviews with people OTHER than the Rs. I wonder if they are public information?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back