Baby Found with Mouse in Mouth at Daycare

jjw

Reaction score
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- A mother in New Jersey was horrified when her daycare provider told her what her 8-month-old daughter put in her mouth.

It was a mouse, and most likely a dead mouse.

"Lately she's been vomiting. Everything she's eaten, she's throwing it back up," said Brittany Barba, mother

Brittany Barba has pulled 8-month-old Alanah out of The Donald K Tucker Childcare Center, where she volunteered, and the baby's paternal grandmother works.

The grandmother, she says, discovered the rodent in the child's mouth.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=8513065

Oh my.-I really really hope this child is OK!!!

I hope the mother takes her to the doctor...she may need a tetanus shot (or something).

I'd treat for poisoning-- if that baby was able to catch that mouse (dead or alive) it probably had been poisoned. They don't just die for no reason. I've had cats die after catching slow moving D-Con mouses, and I've also seen mice stagger out into the open in search of water after being poisoned.

That child care center appeared clean and well run-- and pulling the bookcases out from the wall isn't exactly childproofing! :doh: I'd leave the furniture where it belongs and use another method of rodent control.

I hope the child recovers quickly and no others suffer the same disgusting plight. I also hope that young mother doesn't sue and shut down a well run center in a neighborhood that truly needs it.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd