GA Woods, Ester born 1945, found February 7, 2007 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ester was born on October 20 in Florida. For the 1945 Florida state census she was living in Dade county with her parents: Bertha and Roland.

There was an older brother Roland H. Jr. born in 1943. He seems to be still living in the miami area and it may be that Bertha lives with him.

There were also two sisters.

Not sure if this is worthy of turning over to the investigators. sb

I submit, and submit the address you have available as his last known.. Keep me updated! Great job.

Have still heard nothing and case is unresolved. Anybody have any new ideas?

Roland H Woods
2955 NW 68th St
Miami FL 33147

Also lists a number, but I won't post it here...

Also a Roland H Woods age 85 listed in Atlanta with a phone number.

If I find any numbers I will call. Remember NM this is Fulton County!

The Woods family in Georgia is not the right one, the parents in this family were Arno and Edgar. The family is mentioned in the book East Point Georgia. The children were William, Benjamin, Leon, Roland, Melvin, and Evangeline Woods Gafford - so these people can be disregarded as the wrong Woods family.

ETA: Also, the Roland Woods in Miami is frequently referred to as "Roland Woods Jr", I believe he is an artist. The Jr. does seem to tie in with the fact that Ester's brother would have been Roland Jr.

Have just been told that this Esther Woods is NOT the one from Florida with a father named Ronald and a brother named likewise. Florida Esther is married with a new name, and alive.

This Esther, however, has a social security number issued in Kentucky.

Thank you for correcting our info and getting us back on track. Welcome to unclaimed.

You're welcome, I hope that we can find this woman's family. The contact at the Fulton ME was very helpful and replied the next day, so I think if anyone actually finds the right person it will be taken seriously.

A possibility is Esther J Woods, born 20th October 1945 in Graves County, Kentucky to an Anna Woods. One possibility for this Anna Woods is an Anna Woods listed as single on the 1940 census in Graves County, living with her widowed mother - who is also named Ester Woods. In 1940, Anna May Woods was 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker